Author Topic: Woke mob pounces on NHL player who boycotted pride night  (Read 272 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Woke mob pounces on NHL player who boycotted pride night
« on: January 19, 2023, 02:05:24 PM »
Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Ivan Provorov did not take the pregame skate Tuesday night because he refused to wear the team's LGBTQ+ Pride Night warmup jersey, citing his religious beliefs.

Provorov, 26, told reporters after the Flyers' 5-2 home win over the Anaheim Ducks that it was his choice "to stay true to myself and my religion," which he identified as Russian Orthodox.

"I respect everyone. I respect everybody's choices," he said.

Before the game, the Flyers wore Pride-themed jerseys and used sticks wrapped in rainbow tape, both of which are being auctioned off by Flyers Charities, with proceeds going toward their efforts to grow the game in diverse communities.

Provorov was the only Flyers player who didn't have a jersey or a stick up for auction after the game.

The Flyers released a statement before Provorov's postgame comments:

"The Philadelphia Flyers organization is committed to inclusivity and is proud to support the LGBTQ+ community. Many of our players are active in their support of local LGBTQ+ organizations, and we were proud to host our annual Pride Night again this year. The Flyers will continue to be strong advocates for inclusivity and the LGBTQ+ community."

The NHL, in response to ESPN's request for comment, said Wednesday in a statement that players are "free to decide which initiatives to support."

"Hockey is for Everyone is the umbrella initiative under which the League encourages Clubs to celebrate the diversity that exists in their respective markets, and to work to achieve more welcoming and inclusive environments for all fans," the league said in its statement to ESPN. "Clubs decide whom to celebrate, when and how -- with League counsel and support. Players are free to decide which initiatives to support, and we continue to encourage their voices and perspectives on social and cultural issues."

Flyers coach John Tortorella said he didn't contemplate scratching Provorov for not taking warmups.

"With Provy, he's being true to himself and to his religion," the first-year Flyers coach said. "This has to do with his belief and his religion. It's one thing I respect about Provy: He's always true to himself. That's where we're at with that."

Tortorella has made headlines before about his stance on pregame protests. In 2016, he said that any of his players who didn't stand for the national anthem would be benched for the rest of the game. He reversed that stance after watching the racial injustice protests in 2020, saying he would no longer punish players who protested before a game.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/35470032/flyers-ivan-provorov-boycotts-pride-night-cites-religion

And cue the unhinged wokeist Canadian broadcaster:

Sports pundit slams Flyers player for skipping team's Pride festivities, calls on NHL to fine Philly

Canadian sports pundit Sid Seixeiro blasted Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Ivan Provorov for his decision to boycott the organization’s festivities surrounding its Pride night and hit the NHL for allowing it to happen in a lengthy rant Wednesday morning.

Seixeiro appeared on "Breakfast Television" and called on the NHL to fine the Flyers over Provorov and said the league needed to "reevaluate" how it supports gay rights.

"The theme from the National Hockey League is that hockey is for everyone. The theme isn’t hockey is for everyone dot, dot, dot unless you don’t believe in gay rights then do whatever you want," he said. "If the National Hockey League is going to do this, if any league is going to do this, do it properly or reevaluate what you’re doing because there’s not a lot of repercussions that I’m seeing from any league.

"Now, it could change with the NHL. I think you fine the Flyers $1 million for this, I’m not kidding. Figure this out and stop offending people on nights where it’s not about that. It’s about inclusivity. The National Hockey League need to attack this and figure this out because what I heard last night was offensive and didn’t make any sense.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/sports-pundit-slams-flyers-player-skipping-teams-pride-festivities-calls-nhl-fine-philly

And the result:

Ivan Provorov’s Jersey Sells Out After He Boycotts LGBTQ+ Pride Night Festivities

Only a couple of days after Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Ivan Provorov boycotted the franchise’s LGBTQ+ Pride Night, and just a day after crazed liberals in the media attempted to destroy him for it, Provorov is now swimming in pure glory after his jersey sold out online at both the NHL Shop and Fanatics.

Both websites have listed Provorov jerseys as “almost gone,” with the only size remaining being extra-small.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/01/19/ivan-provorov-jersey-sells-out-boycotts-lgbtq-pride-night-philadelphia-flyers-nhl-hockey/
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Woke mob pounces on NHL player who boycotted pride night
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 02:51:34 PM »
Because most real life stories in 2023 mirror a Simpsons or Seinfeld episode:

https://youtu.be/tuafhcg843c
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 03:11:52 PM »
It’s good to see people stand up against all this gay trans bull shit being shoved down our throats
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 04:05:57 PM »
It’s good to see people stand up against all this gay trans bull shit being shoved down our throats

Amen.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 05:01:06 PM »
And the result:

Ivan Provorov’s Jersey Sells Out After He Boycotts LGBTQ+ Pride Night Festivities

Only a couple of days after Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Ivan Provorov boycotted the franchise’s LGBTQ+ Pride Night, and just a day after crazed liberals in the media attempted to destroy him for it, Provorov is now swimming in pure glory after his jersey sold out online at both the NHL Shop and Fanatics.

Both websites have listed Provorov jerseys as “almost gone,” with the only size remaining being extra-small.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/01/19/ivan-provorov-jersey-sells-out-boycotts-lgbtq-pride-night-philadelphia-flyers-nhl-hockey/

Maybe the "woke" folks will begin to understand normal people don't give a crap about gay pride night.
Most people are tired of every time you turn around there is gayness being stuck in our face. :hammer:

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2023, 08:40:09 PM »
Well, look at that. The woke mob doesn't win all the time if you stand p to them.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2023, 08:47:41 PM »
Well, look at that. The woke mob doesn't win all the time if you stand p to them.

The limp wrists in the woke mob nearly universally slink away with their cowardly tails between their legs EVERY time you stand up to them. Even Panty-fa-la-la scumbags get a bit circumspect the moment they see you ain't gonna just roll over and show belly to them...

The ones that don't are the ones that are shithouse rat level crazy and just need to be put down, Rittenhouse style...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus