Author Topic: Remember this intro music?  (Read 577 times)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
Remember this intro music?
« on: January 12, 2023, 09:49:35 PM »
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqFNLn07Fu0

I do! ... :(

Is the intro to Rush Limbaugh's radio show, which I listened to for years.

Today would have been his 72 birthday ...
And I still miss him.

Happy Birthday Rush!

~ ABC 

« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 09:57:27 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Re: Remember this intro music?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 10:34:07 PM »
I follow Bo (Mr.) Snerdley on Twitter and his posts give me a sense of what Rush would be opining about on any particular news-day.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 12:09:38 PM »
That was always my favorite one.  Never can remember the original artist, always have to go look it up.

El Rushbo is very missed.  Those shoes just can't be filled.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 03:03:39 PM »
30 year listener to the EIB Network, and like many of you occasionally wonder what Rush would be saying about politics since he passed. I didn't rely on him for my talking points, he illuminated a lot of what I already believed in my heart.

The Story Behind One of the Greatest Theme Songs in the History of Broadcasting
Feb 19, 2021

RUSH: This song that you’re hearing is a looped version of the intro to a song by Chrissie Hynde and The Pretenders called My City Was Gone. I’m calling attention to this because I haven’t talked about this song in many, many moons, and I don’t know how many of you know where the song is from. You so identify it with this program — understandably so, after 30-plus years. But this song is used with the permission of one of the most legendary female performers in rock, Chrissie Hynde.

Her publishing company actually tried to take it away. I guess this was back in the early nineties when we were still doing the program out of New York. The publishing firm tried to take it away, and she interceded and told them, effectively, to pound sand; that, if I wanted to continue to use it, that I would have her permission to use it. We negotiated a price. We pay them an annual fee for the usage of the tune. I point this out because Chrissie Hynde is out today in a story in the U.K. Daily Mail, and the headline:

“The Pretenders’ Chrissie Hynde Praises Trump for Honoring Rush Limbaugh — Despite Being a LIBERAL Herself — Because Her Dad Loved the Pundit and She Believes in the ‘Right to Disagree.'” This is another reason why. She was on WPLJ in New York when Scott Shannon and the guys were asking her about this during the controversy of the song. I mean, we actually had the song taken away for a period of, I think, three weeks or a month until she interceded.

She was on PLJ in New York and they asked her about it. “I don’t care. If Rush wants to use it, fine with me,” which totally confounded her publishing company. So, we got the song back. The reason is that her dad was a huge fan of this program. Her dad’s name was Melville. His nickname was Bud, and Chrissie Hynde says that her late father, Melville, would have loved Trump’s presidency, would have absolutely adored Trump, and would have just been excited as he could be when Trump presented to me the Medal of Freedom at the State of the Union.

“Liberal rock star…” She’s a big animal rights aficionado. Of course, you know, we’ve had our fun with the animal rights activists over the course of this program’s tenure. “Liberal rock star Chrissie Hynde has shocked her fans by praising Donald Trump for honoring conservative radio icon Rush Limbaugh, saying her father ‘would have been so delighted.’ Hynde, the lead singer of The Pretenders, wrote an open letter to President Trump on Twitter Monday in which she says her late father Melville would have ‘enjoyed’ his presidency.

“She said Melville, known as ‘Bud’, was a huge fan of Limbaugh, who was given the Presidential Medal of Freedom … after he announced he had advanced lung cancer. But she admitted that she ‘didn’t always see eye-to-eye’ with her father and that they ‘argued a lot.’ The rock star, 68, who has a history of animal rights activism, goes on to say: ‘But isn’t that the American way? The right to disagree without having your head chopped off?'”

So, I wanted to let you hear the actual song here. (My City Was Gone) This is the open. I think the open, if my memory serves, it runs 24 seconds, but we’ve looped it to make it about a minute to handle the show open. I’m not gonna play the whole thing here, but I want you to hear the song that she made famous: My City Was Gone. It’s about where she grew up in Ohio, as you will hear, as the lyric line unfolds here.

More at a rather reputable site:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2021/02/19/the-story-behind-one-of-the-greatest-theme-songs-in-the-history-of-broadcasting/
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 03:19:20 PM by Ralph Wiggum »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 07:23:31 PM »
30 year listener to the EIB Network, and like many of you occasionally wonder what Rush would be saying about politics since he passed. I didn't rely on him for my talking points, he illuminated a lot of what I already believed in my heart.

Feb 19, 2021

RUSH: This song that you’re hearing is a looped version of the intro to a song by Chrissie Hynde and The Pretenders called My City Was Gone. I’m calling attention to this because I haven’t talked about this song in many, many moons, and I don’t know how many of you know where the song is from. You so identify it with this program — understandably so, after 30-plus years. But this song is used with the permission of one of the most legendary female performers in rock, Chrissie Hynde.

Her publishing company actually tried to take it away. I guess this was back in the early nineties when we were still doing the program out of New York. The publishing firm tried to take it away, and she interceded and told them, effectively, to pound sand; that, if I wanted to continue to use it, that I would have her permission to use it. We negotiated a price. We pay them an annual fee for the usage of the tune. I point this out because Chrissie Hynde is out today in a story in the U.K. Daily Mail, and the headline:

“The Pretenders’ Chrissie Hynde Praises Trump for Honoring Rush Limbaugh — Despite Being a LIBERAL Herself — Because Her Dad Loved the Pundit and She Believes in the ‘Right to Disagree.'” This is another reason why. She was on WPLJ in New York when Scott Shannon and the guys were asking her about this during the controversy of the song. I mean, we actually had the song taken away for a period of, I think, three weeks or a month until she interceded.

She was on PLJ in New York and they asked her about it. “I don’t care. If Rush wants to use it, fine with me,” which totally confounded her publishing company. So, we got the song back. The reason is that her dad was a huge fan of this program. Her dad’s name was Melville. His nickname was Bud, and Chrissie Hynde says that her late father, Melville, would have loved Trump’s presidency, would have absolutely adored Trump, and would have just been excited as he could be when Trump presented to me the Medal of Freedom at the State of the Union.

“Liberal rock star…” She’s a big animal rights aficionado. Of course, you know, we’ve had our fun with the animal rights activists over the course of this program’s tenure. “Liberal rock star Chrissie Hynde has shocked her fans by praising Donald Trump for honoring conservative radio icon Rush Limbaugh, saying her father ‘would have been so delighted.’ Hynde, the lead singer of The Pretenders, wrote an open letter to President Trump on Twitter Monday in which she says her late father Melville would have ‘enjoyed’ his presidency.

“She said Melville, known as ‘Bud’, was a huge fan of Limbaugh, who was given the Presidential Medal of Freedom … after he announced he had advanced lung cancer. But she admitted that she ‘didn’t always see eye-to-eye’ with her father and that they ‘argued a lot.’ The rock star, 68, who has a history of animal rights activism, goes on to say: ‘But isn’t that the American way? The right to disagree without having your head chopped off?'”

So, I wanted to let you hear the actual song here. (My City Was Gone) This is the open. I think the open, if my memory serves, it runs 24 seconds, but we’ve looped it to make it about a minute to handle the show open. I’m not gonna play the whole thing here, but I want you to hear the song that she made famous: My City Was Gone. It’s about where she grew up in Ohio, as you will hear, as the lyric line unfolds here.

More at a rather reputable site:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2021/02/19/the-story-behind-one-of-the-greatest-theme-songs-in-the-history-of-broadcasting/

Did not know that ^^^

Thanks so much Ralphie  ... :cheersmate:   Also ...

As did I! 

Hugs ~ ABC
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 07:27:50 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 11:51:55 AM »

Feb 19, 2021

I remember when this show aired, it was nice to hear that Hynde turned out to be a capitalist no matter her liberal ways.