Author Topic: Can't anyone just have a common cold in this COVID era anymore?  (Read 1678 times)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
Re: Can't anyone just have a common cold in this COVID era anymore?
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2022, 10:08:07 PM »
I've posted this before, but one of the many gems from George Carlin, who was certainly not a MAGA Republican:

https://youtu.be/X29lF43mUlo

A fine "gem" it was Ralphie!  Had not ever seen it before!  :clap:  :clap: 

From your link, funny as it was, but true as well.

Also agree 100% with a commenter below the vid who wrote ...

Carlins point is the danger of government criminaliztion of getting sick. This is the real danger we face, and Carlin was not just a prophet, he knew exactly what will go down in a submissive society to undue authority and people are sheep enough to obey without question.

:hi5: to both you, and the unknow to us, commenter!  :-)   ~ ABC

« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 10:14:29 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2022, 10:58:47 PM »
Outta here for the night guys, have a busy day coming up tomorrow ...

And you all can stop clapping and  :yahoo:  ing, ya hear?    :tongue:

~ ABC

Oops!  Euph, my friend, will also have to get back to YOU tomorrow!  Sorry about that.

Do your best to hang in there, if you possibly can darlin' ...  :lmao:

~ ABC (ZZZZZZZzzzzz  ZONK!)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 11:09:36 PM by ABC-2 »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2022, 08:19:19 AM »
 ::) "The Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act (PREPA), passed by the United States Congress and signed into law by President of the United States George W. Bush in December 2005 ..." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Readiness_and_Emergency_Preparedness_Act

::) From https://www.phe.gov/emergency/events/COVID19/COVIDvaccinators/Pages/PREP-Act-Immunity-from-Liability-for-COVID-19-Vaccinators.aspx :

When Immunity from Liability Applies
When the Secretary determines that a threat or condition constitutes a present or credible risk of a future public health emergency, the Secretary may issue a PREP Act declaration. The declaration provides immunity from liability (except for willful misconduct) for claims of loss caused by, arising out of, relating to, or resulting from the administration or use of covered countermeasures to diseases, threats and conditions identified in the declaration.

Professionals and Entities Covered by Immunity PREP Act immunity applies to:
licensed health professionals authorized to administer covered medical countermeasures under the law of the state where the countermeasure is administered, and
other individuals identified in the declaration by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to prescribe, dispense, or administer covered countermeasures, including the COVID-19 vaccine

Qualified Persons
In March 2020, the Secretary issued a PREP Act Declaration covering COVID-19 tests, drugs and vaccines providing liability protections to manufacturers, distributors, states, localities, licensed healthcare professionals, and others identified by the Secretary (qualified persons) who administer COVID-19 countermeasures. The Declaration has been amended several times to expand liability protections, including prior amendments to cover licensed healthcare professionals who cross state borders and federal response teams.

So, the immunity law, being passed in 2005, could not have been passed for Covid vaccines. Nor did the March 2020 Sec HHS declaration apply only to Covid vaccines. There is no 75 year period in any of this. Object to that immunity as you like, but at least use facts.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2022, 03:22:25 PM »
Pete, this is where I got the "75 years" info from ..,

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/health-law-and-business/why-a-judge-ordered-fda-to-release-covid-19-vaccine-data-pronto

Is a rather lengthy read, which ends in the following words ...

As Pittman recognized, America needs transparency and independent scientists to review this data—not in 75 years, but now.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 03:28:08 PM by ABC-2 »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2022, 03:42:06 PM »
Pete, this is where I got the "75 years" info from ..,

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/health-law-and-business/why-a-judge-ordered-fda-to-release-covid-19-vaccine-data-pronto

Is a rather lengthy read, which ends in the following words ...

As Pittman recognized, America needs transparency and independent scientists to review this data—not in 75 years, but now.

I knew where the "75 years" came from, but didn't mention it because it is unrelated to the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act and the immunity for Covid vaccines, treatment drugs, and tests.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2022, 03:54:11 PM »
Since I'm POing people by posting facts:

National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program

https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation

COVID-19 Claims
For claims associated with the COVID-19 vaccine or other COVID-19 related countermeasures, please file your Request for Benefits with the Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program.
In these instances, the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) may provide financial compensation to individuals who file a petition and are found to have been injured by a VICP-covered vaccine. Even in cases in which such a finding is not made, petitioners may receive compensation through a settlement.

How Does the VICP Work?
The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program is a no-fault alternative to the traditional legal system for resolving vaccine injury petitions.

It was created in the 1980s, after lawsuits against vaccine companies and health care providers threatened to cause vaccine shortages and reduce U.S. vaccination rates, which could have caused a resurgence of vaccine preventable diseases.

Any individual, of any age, who received a covered vaccine and believes he or she was injured as a result, can file a petition. Parents, legal guardians and legal representatives can file on behalf of children, disabled adults, and individuals who are deceased.

So, contrary to anti-Covid-vaxxers' common claim, there is legal means for compensation for vaccine injury. If the above is news to anyone, maybe you should ponder why your Covid vaccine "news" sources are silent about it? Ignorance? Lying-by-omission? Yes?

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2022, 08:20:16 PM »
Will no doubt be getting back to this subject at a later date with SVPete!    :thatsright:
:
But for now, am more interested in seeing where the vote goes for the  $1.7 Omnibus Spending Bill ...

Also here in "General Discussion".  (Guilty-smile!)  :-)

~ ABC
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 08:41:06 PM by ABC-2 »

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2022, 08:32:05 PM »

<skip>

So, contrary to anti-Covid-vaxxers' common claim, there is legal means for compensation for vaccine injury. If the above is news to anyone, maybe you should ponder why your Covid vaccine "news" sources are silent about it? Ignorance? Lying-by-omission? Yes?

Well, speaking for myself re the choices given above; and being the polite person that I tend to be, all I can say is ...

KEEP GUESSING!!!   :tongue:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2022, 03:13:39 PM »
Since I'm POing people by posting facts:

National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program

https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation

SVP, I don’t think you’re pissing people off, but I will tell you I only learned of that remedy last year. I’d never heard of it before and had to do some research before I even believed it was more than a conspiracy theory.

With that said, I think that group is going to be really busy in the future. From what I’m reading about the vaccines, and I’m not talking about some weird publications but actual news sources, these vaccines are very likely to be causing some very serious problems. Time will tell for sure.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2022, 07:36:09 PM »

SVP, I don’t think you’re pissing people off, but I will tell you I only learned of that remedy last year. I’d never heard of it before and had to do some research before I even believed it was more than a conspiracy theory.

With that said, I think that group is going to be really busy in the future. From what I’m reading about the vaccines, and I’m not talking about some weird publications but actual news sources, these vaccines are very likely to be causing some very serious problems. Time will tell for sure.

KC

From what I’m reading about the vaccines, and I’m not talking about some weird publications but actual news sources, these vaccines are very likely to be causing some very serious problems. Time will tell for sure.

Yes  indeed, "Time will tell for sure." and hopefully, many of our loved ones who took them, will still be around as well!

~ ABC  :hi5:

« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 07:40:02 PM by ABC-2 »