Author Topic: Czechia: EU’s EV charger network plan will probably fail  (Read 287 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Czechia: EU’s EV charger network plan will probably fail
« on: December 06, 2022, 09:12:06 PM »
Czechia: EU’s EV charger network plan will probably fail
https://rmx.news/czech-republic/czechia-eus-ev-charger-network-plan-will-probably-fail/

The European Parliament (EP) requires that by 2026 there should be at least one charging station for electric cars every 60 kilometers on all major road routes in the EU. In the Czech Republic, however, this will plan will probably fail, according to the Czech Ministry of Transport.

According to the MEPs’ proposal, which should be enacted between 2021 and 2026, each station should also have an output power of at least 300 kilowatts and include at least one charger with an individual output of 150 kilowatts.

Currently, chargers with a power of 50 kilowatts are most often used at Czech stations.

The proposed rule, approved by the European Parliament in late October, is part of the Fit for 55 climate package, which aims to achieve a 55 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions. The regulation now heads to the European Council.

More like will fail.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Czechia: EU’s EV charger network plan will probably fail
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 06:55:41 AM »
I see this as palm-greasing for the Czechs. They shrug, say it's prolly gonna fail, but the back room deals with the EU haven't happened yet.

The EU will tax extort the needed money to make all this green shit happen.

The Europeans are completely in bed with the green thing. I've seen it over and over and over again.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Online FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 10:05:13 AM »
I wonder how many charging units these charging stations will have on average? These stations will start to look like a Buckees' if they are to be feasible. Also, it takes about 8 hours or more for a level 2 charge so these sites will need restaurants, hotels, and entertainment centers in order to give people something to do while waiting.

The best and quickest option that I have heard of is to design the cars where the battery can be easily dropped from the car and a new one put in. Pull into a station, batter pulled out, new one put in and away you go. The dead batteries can then be recharged and put in other cars. The will also solve the issue of replacing old batteries that are no longer usable and quite pricey to replace.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 01:30:11 PM »
I wonder how many tons of coal they will have to burn to make this happen   
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!