Author Topic: Trump's Running for President  (Read 586 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Trump's Running for President
« on: November 15, 2022, 08:54:23 PM »
Just announced.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Trump's Running for President
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 09:00:48 PM »

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 11:04:40 PM »
In-time for the FTX-scandal becoming a football. unelected Klaus Schwab of the World Economic Forum waxing creepy about 'global restructuring' at the G-20, Milley fumbling around like... Milley.

Istanbul, Iran, Guangdong Province...  Article-4... 

I'm glad DJT is back on the scene.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 07:27:49 AM »
Not going to lie, when I read a reliable source that said he had filed the official paperwork, my knee jerk reaction was "oh crap".  I would much rather Trump than Biden (I'd prefer freaking log over Biden, quite frankly), and odds are almost guaranteed that he's a better choice than whoever the D's will put up in 2024, but the division he brings, even among conservatives and the way the Swamp (Ds and Rs), moonbats, and MSM all despise him means the campaigns, primary and general, will be very, very ugly (which he will feed, unintentionally and intentionally) and it also means if he is successful at getting the R nomination, then wins the election, his term will be another four years of obstruction, accusations, incitement, and him probably getting very little accomplished, even if we have a Republican congress.

It's only the beginning, we've got a long trail ahead of us, but I'm not convinced this announcement is a good thing.  I'm willing to be convinced, but I'm waiting for more cards to be shown from all the players. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 11:14:22 AM »
Not going to lie, when I read a reliable source that said he had filed the official paperwork, my knee jerk reaction was "oh crap".  I would much rather Trump than Biden (I'd prefer freaking log over Biden, quite frankly), and odds are almost guaranteed that he's a better choice than whoever the D's will put up in 2024, but the division he brings, even among conservatives and the way the Swamp (Ds and Rs), moonbats, and MSM all despise him means the campaigns, primary and general, will be very, very ugly (which he will feed, unintentionally and intentionally) and it also means if he is successful at getting the R nomination, then wins the election, his term will be another four years of obstruction, accusations, incitement, and him probably getting very little accomplished, even if we have a Republican congress.

It's only the beginning, we've got a long trail ahead of us, but I'm not convinced this announcement is a good thing.  I'm willing to be convinced, but I'm waiting for more cards to be shown from all the players.

Good points, and there is much that is of concern. However, IMHO, I think Trump -- who got royally spanked of late with his attacks on DeSantis and other Repubs -- may have understood that there is a limit to the amount of trash talk the base (and others) are willing to put up with.

For that reason, and likely his age and his own realization that it's a long road ahead of him, his announcement wasn't filled with rockets going off, bands trumpeting fanfares, fireworks blazing -- I'd say his actual announcement was quite a bit muted from what you'd normally expect. That was my reaction last night when I saw this sound bite, and that is also the reaction noted by Mr. Hoge:

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/11/16/trump-shocks-the-world-by-nearly-putting-us-to-sleep-n659519?bcid=d519b945f8a32ba161895b1c7231c16c5fa3cd48222b27fc1e013476354174f9