Author Topic: And then the fight started .....  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
And then the fight started .....
« on: April 30, 2021, 02:08:00 PM »
My husband and I were sitting at a table at my school reunion, and I kept staring at a drunken man swigging his drink as he sat alone at a nearby table.

My husband asked, 'Do you know him?' 'Yes,' I sighed, 'He's my old boyfriend.

I understand he took to drinking right after, we split up those many years ago, and I hear he has not been sober since.

'My God!' says my husband, 'who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?'
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!

Offline Workover

• Retired and loving it
Re: And then the fight started .....
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 02:09:43 PM »
Mike and Steve were coworkers. One day, Mike noticed that Steve was kind of under the weather. He asked, “Hey, Steve, what’s wrong? You seem a little out of it today.” Steve said, “Ahh, I’m having problems with the wife. Nothing I do makes her happy. I just don’t know what to do”. Mike thinks about it for a while then says, “You know, I used to have problems at home too. Then one day I figured out that my wife was feeling neglected and unloved. So what I started doing was changing the way I was talking to her. Every day I’d try to find something to complement her on. It took a while, but she started cheering up. Now our marriage is a lot stronger and she’s a lot happier”. Steve thinks about if for a bit, then says, “You know, that sounds like a great idea. I think I’ll try it”.

Next day, Steve calls in sick. A couple of days go by. Finally he shows up. He’s bandaged up, bruises all over. Walking with a limp. Mike is shocked. “Steve! What happened to you?!” Steve says, “Just shut up, man. This is all your fault!” “My fault? How in Hell is it my fault”. Steve tells him, “Look, I thought I’d follow your advice, so when I went home I started thinking of something I could complement my wife on. I know she’s been trying to lose weight so I told her, ‘Honey, that diet you’re on is really working great. You aren’t as fat as you used to be”.
If you’re not having fun it’s your own damn fault!

Offline thundley4

Re: And then the fight started .....
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 03:58:18 PM »
My wife asked me what was on TV. I said dust. And then the fight started.