Author Topic: Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last year to near decade-high  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last year to near decade-high
https://justthenews.com/nation/economy/commercial-foreclosures-increase-97-last-year-near-decade-high

Commercial real estate foreclosures in the U.S. increased 97% in January 2024 compared to last year, reaching a high that has not been seen in nearly a decade, according to new data.

With 635 commercial foreclosures in January 2024, foreclosures increased 17% from December 2023 and 97% from January 2023, according to a report last week from property data analyst ATTOM.

The last time that commercial foreclosures were this high was in May 2015, per agency data

"This uptick signifies not just a return to pre-pandemic activity levels but also underscores the ongoing adjustments within the commercial real estate sector as it navigates through a landscape transformed by evolving business practices and consumer behaviors," ATTOM CEO Rob Barber said.

Commercial real estate foreclosure is highest since 2015.

Here is the data source.
https://www.attomdata.com/news/most-recent/u-s-commercial-foreclosures-increase-in-january-2024/
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last year to near decade-high
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 12:05:57 PM »
With stores closing and offices, emptying and people refusing to go to crime ridden areas, infested with homeless to work or shop. It’s a given at the commercial real estate market will collapse.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege and toxic masculinity while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!