Author Topic: Planned Parenthood Increases Revenue, Abortions  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Planned Parenthood Increases Revenue, Abortions
« on: April 04, 2008, 07:50:14 AM »
Planned Parenthood Increases Revenue, Abortions

By Penny Starr
CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer
April 04, 2008

(CNSNews.com) - Planned Parenthood Federation of America made unprecedented revenues and increased the number of abortions over a one-year period by the largest percentage since 1996, according to its just-released annual report.

For the fiscal year July 1, 2006 to June 30, 2007, the organization earned revenues of more than $1 billion and recorded 289,750 abortions - 24,807 more than the previous year.

"If Planned Parenthood were a publicly traded company, they'd be celebrating," Jim Sedlak, vice president of American Life League, told Cybercast News Service. "The stockholders would be screaming, 'Wow, what a good year we had!'"

Planned Parenthood posted its latest annual report on its Web site last week, prompting reaction from several pro-life organizations, including American Life League.

"While most companies have started to feel the squeeze of our sagging economy, business has never been better for Planned Parenthood," Tony Perkins, president of the conservative Family Research Council, said in response to Planned Parenthood's latest figures.

"Planned Parenthood received a $31.4 million pay raise in taxpayer funds - a 10.8 percent increase in the 'non-profit's' government revenue," Perkins added.

Repeated requests by Cybercast News Service for an interview with Planned Parenthood Federation of America officials were not granted.

According to the report, Planned Parenthood gets 33 percent of its revenue from federal grants and contracts under the Title X family planning program. Last year, the organization received $336.7 million of taxpayers' money.

Yep, that's our tax dollars at work killing babies.   :banghead:  :argh: :maddernhell:

MORE

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Planned Parenthood Increases Revenue, Abortions
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 07:51:59 AM »
It's time to separate church from state.

It's time to get the religion of Planned Parenthood off the governmental dole.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Planned Parenthood Increases Revenue, Abortions
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 09:19:22 AM »
How can they call murdering the unborn "family planning"?

And isn't PP considered a non-profit? Hmm...something just isn't right.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle