Author Topic: US Sen. Lisa Murkowski Concedes Republican Primary to Joe Miller  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=11529307

I don't believe it. If so, way to go Sarah.

Second source and the more honest of the two or any others out there.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/31/murkowski-concedes-alaska-primary-race-tea-party-candidate/
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 09:35:34 PM by Tucker »
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Lacarnut

Re: US Sen. Lisa Murkowski Concedes Republican Primary to Joe Miller
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 11:32:57 PM »
Sarah is a force & I hope she runs for President. Without her support, a novice like Miller would not have stood a chance. 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 11:36:26 PM »
This was just updated at 12:30am....

ANCHORAGE — Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski was booted from office in the Republican primary Tuesday by a little-known conservative lawyer backed by former governor and vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, in arguably America's biggest political upset of the year.

Joe Miller, backed by Palin and the ultraconservative Tea Party Express movement, became the latest newcomer to the national political stage to take down an incumbent in 2010 amid deep dissatisfaction with the Washington establishment.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38939808/ns/politics-decision_2010/

:hi5:

:evillaugh: Those in office need to start worrying....life is about to change.  :evillaugh:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 11:45:45 PM »
Murkowski got shot down by the Libertarian Party too.  That seemed like a desperate long-shot and I'm surprised her campaign even asked them.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 08:15:19 AM »
I'm surprised she gave in without a recount battle, but a Senatorial pension is a pretty good consolation prize.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 08:27:21 AM »
I'm surprised she gave in without a recount battle, but a Senatorial pension is a pretty good consolation prize.

I agree but with most of them, I do believe that it's about power, not money. Think of boxer and her put down of a General for calling her Ma'am.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 08:42:27 AM »
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/31/murkowski-to-concede-source-says/

Yeah, I know, CNN. But still, great news.  :cheersmate:

Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska conceded Tuesday night to Tea Party-backed candidate Joe Miller in the state's Republican Senate primary.

"We know that we still have outstanding votes to count in this primary, but based on where we are right now, I don't see a scenario where the primary will turn out in my favor," Murkowski told reporters in Anchorage. "I am now conceding the race for the Republican nomination."

She said she informed Miller of her decision, but didn't endorse him at her news conference and did not take questions from reporters.

According to unofficial results from the August 24 primary, Murkowski trailed Miller by 1,668 votes.

Tuesday, election officials began counting the thousands of absentee ballots, early votes, and questioned ballots that had yet to be tabulated. But by the end of counting Tuesday, Murkowski still trailed Miller by more than 1,600 votes.

"We started from a handful of people knowing who we were and what we stood for to now being the Republican Party nominee," Miller said in a statement released by his campaign.

Miller, a little-known attorney and a graduate of West Point and Yale Law School, was boosted by the endorsement and support of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, and by the backing of the Tea Party Express. Arguably the country's most high-profile national Tea Party organization, the group spent nearly $600,000 assisting Miller's campaign.

"[Sarah Palin] was right in her proclamation that Joe Miller was a first-rate candidate who offered a vision for the future of this country and how to return America to the right track," the Tea Party Express said in a statement.
Caught somewhere in time