Author Topic: The Big Con In The California Housing Mandate  (Read 172 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
The Big Con In The California Housing Mandate
« on: March 10, 2024, 09:05:29 PM »
The Big Con In The California Housing Mandate
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/big-con-california-housing-mandate
Via
https://www.theepochtimes.com/opinion/the-big-con-in-the-california-housing-mandate-5603941

Anybody who has ever observed and studied the homeless situation in California will readily see how the nonprofit homeless service providers that have been enabled by our political leaders have not only helped create the crisis, but have institutionalized homelessness as a way of life.

Now, a new conduit for corruption in the state of California is rearing its ugly head, and a word to the wise is to recognize this demon for what it really is. In brief, it is the role that nonprofits are playing in the California State Housing Mandate that the governor’s office and our legislature are promoting.

I am not talking here about the role that traditional nonprofits are providing in our state’s economy, like those that provide services and benefits in the private sector in a variety of charitable and educational endeavors, and for the most part are self-funded and operate within the confines and purposes as dictated by IRS codes.

No, I am talking about those nonprofit organizations that have been specifically set up and certified by elected politicians to receive awards and spend your hard-earned tax dollars and public funds to engage in the development, construction, ownership, master leasing, and/or management of housing that the state defines as necessary, whether needed or not.

Bear with me while I set the scenario that is unfolding under our very eyes.

How nonprofit homeless service providers and California government is institutionalizing homelessness. It is a manufactured crisis.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: The Big Con In The California Housing Mandate
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 07:02:28 AM »
Obviously, homelessness is a big business in some places. Mr. hair gel claims they spend billions on the homeless problem. Where does that money go? It obviously is not having much of an impact on the problem.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline RonE

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 06:42:59 PM »
No doubt these non-profit orgs are almost, if not entirely, run by "connected" Democrats. I'm sure they have a similar business model as used by the Clinton Foundation. Just enough goes to the homeless to allow them to feel noble. The other 80-90% goes to salaries and operating expenses such as company cars (high-end Porsches, Ferraris etc.) Then there's those management seminars in the Bahamas and Aspen, etc.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 10:32:28 AM »
The government throwing money at a problem almost always makes the problem worse. Funding private enterprises to fight the problems institutionalizes the problem being fought.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 12:52:08 PM »
I think the problem is one that needs to solve itself. Stop feeding and giving benefits to them and take back the streets and they will either get themselves sorted out or die.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!