Author Topic: Gavin Newsom Faces Criticism for Minimum Wage Carveout that Benefited Top Donor  (Read 814 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Gavin Newsom Faces Criticism for Minimum Wage Carveout that Benefited Top Donor
https://amgreatness.com/2024/02/29/gavin-newsom-faces-criticism-for-minimum-wage-carveout-that-benefited-top-donor/

California Governor Gavin Newsom (D-Calif.) is facing greater scrutiny after it was discovered that a minimum wage carveout he is pushing for would benefit one of his top campaign donors.

According to the Washington Free Beacon, the newly-passed law that will go into effect in April will raise the minimum wage at fast-food chains from $16 to $20 an hour. However, the law includes an exception for restaurants that bake and sell bread; one of the chains that would thus be excluded from the new $20 minimum wage would be Panera Bread, which is owned by Democratic megadonor Greg Flynn.

Flynn had previously donated $100,000 to oppose the recall election against Newsom in 2021, then donated another $64,800 to support the governor’s re-election campaign in 2022. Flynn has even admitted to knowing Newsom so personally that he can text him directly.

Newsom claimed that the new law, known as the FAST Act, was negotiated after “countless hours of negotiations with dozens of stakeholders over two years.” Flynn denied having anything to do with the exception for Panera, although other sources have claimed that it was indeed Flynn who pressured Newsom into supporting the carveout.

The California minimum wage law is not across the board. Restaurants that bake and sell bread are exempt, which includes Panera Bread, owned by Democratic megadonor Greg Flynn.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Online Old n Grumpy

It’s interesting that it doesn’t include bagels. Does that mean he hates Jews?
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Drafe Hoblin

This, on the same day Trump invented the moniker: 'Newscum'.

So the Newsom-explainers are saying it wasn't a carve-out because the donor didn't donate enough to prompt their boy to define it as a 'bribe', which he would've subsequently accepted, then admit it was a 'carve-out' ?   Got it, I think.

Online Old n Grumpy

And this slime ball wants to be president :rant:

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
And this slime ball wants to be president :rant:

Of course.

He's seen how much the corrupt bastards Mike Robinson's Li'l Bitch and #SpongeBrainShitPants have been able to milk out of the office. Most of it just by laundering taxpayer money through Ukraine and China. You'd have to be insane to think he doesn't want his chance at the cash and prizes as well.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Online Old n Grumpy

Of course.

He's seen how much the corrupt bastards Mike Robinson's Li'l Bitch and #SpongeBrainShitPants have been able to milk out of the office. Most of it just by laundering taxpayer money through Ukraine and China. You'd have to be insane to think he doesn't want his chance at the cash and prizes as well.

Definitely, he’s already been to China, no doubt telling them that he’s their best friend  :thatsright:

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Gavin Newsom’s restaurant offering job at $ 16 per hour despite new state law of $ 20 per hour for fast food workers
https://nypost.com/2024/04/04/us-news/gavin-newsoms-restaurant-offering-job-at-16-hr-despite-new-state-law-of-20-hr-for-fast-food-workers/

California Gov. Gavin Newsom is facing backlash after a restaurant he partially owns posted a job listing for $16 an hour when a new state law is forcing fast food eateries to pay their employees $20 an hour.

PlumpJack Cafe in Olympic Valley – which is among a group of eateries owned by a company Newsom founded in 1992 – is hiring a part-time busser who “will aim to assist the food server … to ensure guest satisfaction during all aspects of the dining experience,” according to a ZipRecruiter posting.

The job listing states the salary for the busser is $16 an hour plus tips.

But a food service worker would make more working at a McDonald’s than at the high-end restaurant and bar thanks to the new $20 fast food minimum wage that went into effect Monday.

Talk about hypocrisy.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du