Author Topic: M&Ms Introduces New Trans Character Who Identifies As A Skittle  (Read 403 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
M&Ms Introduces New Trans Character Who Identifies As A Skittle
« on: January 21, 2022, 10:07:34 AM »

U.S.—As part of a bold new marketing strategy to promote inclusivity and appeal to less than 1% of the population, Mars, Incorporated has introduced a new M&M character who identifies as a Skittle.

"I'm gonna be honest here. We basically are doing this because it's hip and makes us look cool," said Mars, Incorporated CEO Franklin Crunchy. "And that adds to the bottom line. I think we can make a decent fortune by comparing the hardship of real trans people to a wacky cartoon character."

"Trans people deserve to be represented by M&Ms," he continued. "Our Trans-Skittle character will help us break chocolate-covered barriers in your mouth and not in your hands."

The new character, named Quinn, is an M&M that wears an "S" because they haven't had letter reassignment surgery yet. On the inside, Quinn has the same chocolate taste because it isn't able to change anything but its outward appearance.

"We just want to let the trans community know that M&M supports you and wants your money!" said the Mars CEO.

The LGBTQ+ community took to Twitter to ask why there isn't a Latinx M&M. "Do better," tweeted user @ihatemyself.

If I could only BEE a M&M
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: M&Ms Introduces New Trans Character Who Identifies As A Skittle
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 02:46:50 PM »
 :rotf:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 05:12:15 PM »
Read an accompanying article about this where I realized the obvious:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/m-ms-characters-redesigned-modern-inclusive-progressive/

The most notable changes include the green M&M's redesign, which will exchange the white heeled go-go boots she was given in 1997 for "cool, laid-back sneakers to reflect her effortless confidence." Mars had received criticism for the green M&M's sexy characterization. The green M&M will also be "better represented to reflect confidence and empowerment, as a strong female, and known for much more than her boots."

The green M&M and the brown M&M will have a more friendly relationship, showcasing a "force supporting women." The two characters' dynamic will have them "together throwing shine and not shade," the company said. The two characters have sometimes been at odds in advertisements, but they have also been seen as friends — or more than friends in others, like this viral tweet from 2015 showing the two holding hands on a beach.

I've never noticed the footwear of these cartoon advertising characters or gave a damn about their symbolism or lack thereof.

They're F*CKING CANDY!!!  No rational person is interpreting these ad icons as conveying a larger societal purpose.  They're selling candy for goodness sake.  I never bought M&M's because the green one had go-go boots.

:argh:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 07:58:24 AM »
Read an accompanying article about this where I realized the obvious:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/m-ms-characters-redesigned-modern-inclusive-progressive/

I've never noticed the footwear of these cartoon advertising characters or gave a damn about their symbolism or lack thereof.

They're F*CKING CANDY!!!  No rational person is interpreting these ad icons as conveying a larger societal purpose.  They're selling candy for goodness sake.  I never bought M&M's because the green one had go-go boots.

:argh:

You know full and well these are not rational people, both the ones complaining (very curious how many were criticizing the "sexy" candy) and the ones in the companies deciding "we need to worry about this". 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.