Author Topic: For the good of our country, Trump should resign.  (Read 483 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
For the good of our country, Trump should resign.
« on: June 08, 2020, 09:24:56 AM »
Star Member kentuck (97,849 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213562452

It should not be so easy to simply brush off.

Our country is being threatened from "within" and from "without". It is no time to play partisan games. Mitch McConnell needs to come to his senses. Rest assured, he is no patriot.

It is the last chance for the Republican Party to save itself. It has "Whigged" out before. It could very well happen again.

It is not going to get better for them between now and election day. They need to do something if they are to save their Party. It's like they are all from the "Show Me" State of Missouri. They will have to be shown.

They put all their money in the pot on Donald Trump. They have to see the last card.

If they truly cared for their country, they would do something.

Not just wait until the election.

:bird:

Star Member handmade34 (19,174 posts)

1. all media, all thinking persons should be demanding his resignation...

They have done everything they can to overthrow the President for the last four years... this is just the latest stunt by the left.

Star Member Siwsan (14,951 posts)

3. He AND the GOP don't care what's best for the country. Only what's best for them.

They are economic vandals.

Star Member Zoonart (5,906 posts)

4. I have a hard time wondering why the GOP, as a party, has lashed itself to the mast, so to speak... especially after what tRump is doing to the convention plans. I have long since given up on Republicans giving a shit about the country, but they could always be counted on for a show of venality and self interest.

SamKnause (11,263 posts)

6. Trump doesn't give a damn about this country.

Trump doesn't give a damn about his cult. They are useful idiots.

Mitch McConnell doesn't give a damn about this country.

The republican party is dead.

They are now the party of Trump.

They would rather watch this country burn to the ground.

They are and have always been against anything that benefits, "We The People".

They are and have always been for warmongering the world over and protecting corporations at all costs.

Chainfire (1,966 posts)

8. No, it is best if he doesn't resign

Trump's supporters see themselves as the great majority of the country, and that those who disagree with him are just a radical fringe group. Trump and his supporters need to see him soundly defeated, by the will of the people, at the polls. If he commits political suicide he could claim that he was unfairly hounded out of office by crooked Democrats and become a martyr to the far right.

Trump needs to be beaten, not allowed to slink off to the sewer with the other rats. With Trump in the race, more Americans will come out to vote against him and in the process sending more Republican politicians to political Valhalla.

We have lived with the stupid bastard for three and a half years, we can make it five more months. If Democrats can't defeat this president then we are already a one party system and elections no longer matter.

Hotler (7,027 posts)

10. No. He needs to experience and suffer the humiliation of losing the election big time and, being dragged out of the White House by the MP's.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline hillneck

Re: For the good of our country, Trump should resign.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 12:21:52 PM »
Star Member kentuck (97,849 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213562452

And what if he did resign today?  You leftist freaks would just find something else to whine and cry about.  If he resigned, Pence would be president and then he would take over as being the most hated man in the world(according to you).   :mental:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 12:24:17 PM »
For the good of the country Trump should get an extra term to make up for this one. Also for the good of the country, everyone who says he should resign should move to their choice of:

NPRK
Somalia
Venezuela

Note to DUmmies: Guns are banned in all 3 countries so you'd be in paradise.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 02:17:46 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that if Trump ever visits DU, it's for amusement. :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 07:25:11 PM »
Quite the emphatic post from kentuck--notice that he didn't use a single question mark.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden