Author Topic: George W. Bush and Mitt Romney won't support Trump in 2020  (Read 928 times)

Offline DUmpDiver

George W. Bush and Mitt Romney won't support Trump in 2020
« on: June 07, 2020, 03:19:52 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213559002

while some GOP officials consider voting for Biden

Donald Trump may be losing the support of members of his own party already, with some GOP officials considering a vote for Joe Biden.

Sooner than expected, growing numbers of big Republican names are debating how transparent to be about their decision not to back his re-election, or may even vote for the presumptive Democratic nominee, Joe Biden.

According to The New York Times, Former President George W. Bush and Senator Mitt Romney won't support Trump's re-election, Jeb Bush isn't sure how he'll vote, and Cindy McCain, the widow of Sen. John McCain, is almost certain to support Biden but is "unsure how public to be about it because one of her sons is eying a run for office."

Former Republican leaders like the former Speakers Paul Ryan and John Boehner are still tight-lipped about who they'll vote for, and some Republicans are reportedly weighing their options between backing a third-party contender or openly endorsing Biden, risking the ire of Trump. Some say they'd possibly prefer a Biden victory if the GOP managed to preserve its Senate majority.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-w-bush-mitt-romney-031012282.html

So what?  I'm still voting for Trump.  Bush and Romney are just run-of-the-mill career pols.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: George W. Bush and Mitt Romney won't support Trump in 2020
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 03:40:02 PM »
It's too bad President Trump can't enjoy the support of two prominent fellow Republicans, but the bottom line is, Bush and Romney, who at one time were much more popular with Republicans than they are now, don't carry a whole lot of weight with Republicans in general.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 04:09:55 PM »
In other news, the Sun will again rise in the east tomorrow.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 04:15:34 PM »
Two losers do not support President Trump.

I can't muster up two squirts of piss for those two.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 05:07:31 PM »
Well, we do have a secret ballot. And what someone says in public isn't what they may do in the privacy of the voting booth. And they may say what they say just to avoid getting trashed on Twitter. Maybe.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 05:38:35 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213559002

So what?  I'm still voting for Trump.  Bush and Romney are just run-of-the-mill career pols.

They didn't support him in 2016.  How'd that work out/
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Delmar

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 05:41:05 PM »
with some GOP officials considering a vote for Joe Biden.

If they vote for that lying dog faced pony soldier rapist, screw 'em.

That said, the article is short on quotes--only one sort of vague quote from Cindy McCain.

I'll chalk it up to fake news except Romney, who is no surprise since he made it known what side he's on with his shampeachment vote.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 06:45:03 PM »
If they vote for that lying dog faced pony soldier rapist, screw 'em.

That said, the article is short on quotes--only one sort of vague quote from Cindy McCain.

I'll chalk it up to fake news except Romney, who is no surprise since he made it known what side he's on with his shampeachment vote.

Cindy McCain also admitted that everyone knew about Jeffrey Epstein but were afraid? Why be afraid unless you were involved?

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 09:03:15 PM »
Well, we do have a secret ballot. And what someone says in public isn't what they may do in the privacy of the voting booth. And they may say what they say just to avoid getting trashed on Twitter. Maybe.

Could be, I have looked at Twitter. It is brutal.

I have been seeing more #<insert any name>isoverparty a lot at Twitter.

Cancel culture is in overdrive mode.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 09:20:13 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 09:53:38 PM »
Well, they didn't support him in 2016 either in any material way, and it was just as well, because they're both symbols of everything that's wrong with the GOP.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2020, 08:15:36 AM »
**** them.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2020, 08:21:31 AM »
I was told by the left that Bush was Hitler and Romney had binders full of women. Why should who Hitler and a women hater support matter to me?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2020, 08:48:39 AM »
I was told by the left that Bush was Hitler and Romney had binders full of women. Why should who Hitler and a women hater support matter to me?

:hi5: earned and issued!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.