Author Topic: Restaurant Sandwiches and Subs Question  (Read 1985 times)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Restaurant Sandwiches and Subs Question
« on: October 12, 2011, 02:01:10 PM »
I do not know when it started but I just began to notice it a while ago. Subway subs have the meat of a cold cut combo on top of the cheese and extras. The local drive-in I sometimes go to does that with their fish and chicken sandwiches. The country club I ate lunch at as a guest of a member had a po' boy that they put the coleslaw under the BBQ beef.

When did it become common to put the lettuce, onions, tomatoes and other stuff under the meat/poultry/fish of a sandwich?

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: Restaurant Sandwiches and Subs Question
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 02:09:31 PM »
I don't know.  I have never been that observant

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 02:15:54 PM »
its prolly a speed thing

they have everything ready waiting on the meat???

i would not not like the slaw under my pulled pork!

but when grilling at home i always put the cheese side of my burgers down on the bun bottom. then condiments on top of the bare side of the burger cap it with the bun top. then i eat the burger upside down. the top of buns are usually bigger so when you eat them upside they hold everything in better and the cheese (which is now on top) hold the "bun bottom" in place.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 02:27:08 PM »

i would not not like the slaw under my pulled pork! .

that could get messsy  :naughty:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 12:47:20 PM »
that could get messsy  :naughty:

Yes, yes it does.     

It's called "upside down". One of the places in town does it by request.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.