Author Topic: Atman gets desperate  (Read 1286 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Atman gets desperate
« on: September 27, 2012, 12:25:47 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021201874

Oh my.

I dunno how this was missed a month ago, but it was.

Atman (24,695 posts)   Sat Aug 25, 2012, 09:08 PM

Desperate stretches as cave dwellers try to deny "we built that."

(After pictures of U.S. war planes). Yes, all of those were built by groups of individuals and they are marvels of technology, but they were funded by the US government. America built those things, so the government can take credit partially, as well as those who built and operate them.

No, not really.

One of the constitutionally described jobs of the US government is to provide for the common defence.

They could not do that without taxpayers. The government funds nothing, taxpayers fund the government which then divies out those funds.

There are some astonishingly stupid people over there.

SickOfTheOnePct (1,246 posts)   Sat Aug 25, 2012, 09:14 PM

1. I don't know what a cave dweller is

But taxpayers do fund the government.

Atman (24,695 posts)   Sat Aug 25, 2012, 09:19 PM

2. You're lucky.

But actually, you know them. They're the bottom feeders of the GOP.

nadinbrzezinski (109,213 posts)   Sat Aug 25, 2012, 09:24 PM

3. I s'pose at this point that our spelonking friends do their spelunking without proper safety gear. It explains the leaps.

No, I do not need a link to the thread... unlike them, I really do not need it. We know exactly who they are.

I surrender to the curiosity rarely. Something about giving them hits and traffic.

^^the above's the whole campfire.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Atman gets desperate
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 12:28:54 PM »
If that's the most egregious thing he can find over here, he's got nothing and he knows it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Undies

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 12:29:58 PM »

^^the above's the whole campfire.

I'm underwhelmed.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 12:31:35 PM »
If that's the most egregious thing he can find over here, he's got nothing and he knows it.

Ah, my evil twin doesn't know shit about what we're talking about anyway.

And the oblate spheroid is over here all the time.

The campfire's a month old, and burned out, but I pulled it over because we're mentioned.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 12:43:04 PM »
Pedro, I owned and operated a very successful mortgage lending business for over 20 years, and in the past few years have converted it into a very successful multi-level investment company.  I built it.  Me.  Not John next door, not Sally down the street, not Bill across town, and certainly not Rob at Mission Control.  It was me; all me.

Now if you required the help of others for you to draw cartoon bubbles, that's your problem.  It has nothing to do with what I did by myself.

Poor Pedro.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 01:29:42 PM »
Pedro really thinks he is smart.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 01:34:51 PM »
What the hell do military airplanes, an expenditure actually part of our Constitutional responsibility, have to do with anything?

He can't possibly be so obtuse can he? To not understand what it means to build a small business?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 01:35:32 PM »
Pedro really thinks he is smart.

Pedro should stop attempting things which he is ill-equipped to accomplish.  Thinking really isn't his strong suit.  :mental:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 01:37:23 PM »
He can't possibly be so obtuse can he? To not understand what it means to build a small business?

Back when Atman was making big bucks during the lousy Bush economy, he had an art "studio."

I dunno if he still has it; perhaps the wife got it in the divorce settlement.

I'll bet he thinks he built that.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Undies

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 01:42:46 PM »
What the hell do military airplanes, an expenditure actually part of our Constitutional responsibility, have to do with anything?

Cindie

The idea is to illustrate how nothing can be accomplished without government.  Military airplanes was the best example his little limited mind could come up with.  Nevermind the fact "government" does nothing in that process except extract money from the pockets of productive people in order to pay Boeing for those planes.  

The tiny brain cannot wrap around the reality that private businesses build everything even though "government" attempts to take the credit.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 02:16:51 PM »
Texas Toast...the government didn't build the facilities that constructed those planes...nor did they hire the engineers who designed and built them.  The biggest thing they did ws submit proposals for the kind of plane they were looking for to several different companies and offer to pay the company that submitted the winning bid large amounts of taxpayer dollars to purchase X amount of planes and spare parts.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 02:18:18 PM »
Texas Toast...the government didn't build the facilities that constructed those planes...nor did they hire the engineers who designed and built them.  The biggest thing they did ws submit proposals for the kind of plane they were looking for to several different companies and offer to pay the company that submitted the winning bid large amounts of taxpayer dollars to purchase X amount of planes and spare parts.

That's too deep, too cerebral, too complicated, for Atman to understand.

You'll have to put it more simply.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 02:22:42 PM »
That's too deep, too cerebral, too complicated, for Atman to understand.

You'll have to put it more simply.

Damn...I thought I had it laid out pretty simple.

*reaches for the crayons*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 02:25:02 PM »

Remember, Atman and franksolich were separated at birth.

Atman got all the money, and franksolich got all the brains.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 02:33:40 PM »
Atman seems to have forgotten that like a lot of businesses even military conratctors started small. Lockeed Martin. Boeing, LTV. General Dynamics and many more all started out as a small company someplace and some ofthem are now merged with their competitors that also started smal and became huge contrators. Those companies helped keep people emplyed for years after the original company ceased to be. and its not just planes ,GM and Crysler and Ford also has or is still building equipment for the military.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 02:45:53 PM »
Atman (24,695 posts)   Sat Aug 25, 2012, 09:08 PM

Desperate stretches as cave dwellers try to deny "we built that."

(After pictures of U.S. war planes). Yes, all of those were built by groups of individuals and they are marvels of technology, but they were funded by the US government. America built those things, so the government can take credit partially, as well as those who built and operate them.

No, not really.

One of the constitutionally described jobs of the US government is to provide for the common defence.

They could not do that without taxpayers. The government funds nothing, taxpayers fund the government which then divies out those funds.

There are some astonishingly stupid people over there.

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 02:58:28 PM »

I think even crayons may be a bit too much for him, think more "cave art", you know stick figures, something primitive. :-)
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline Karin

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 03:15:34 PM »
He thinks that government workers built planes?   :mental:  I really can't understand why they don't "get it."

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 03:46:12 PM »
I have no idea what point the unemployed (and unemployable) Pedro Picasso McGrath is trying to make.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 03:48:18 PM »
I have no idea what point the unemployed (and unemployable) Pedro Picasso McGrath is trying to make.

Neither do I; whatever it is, it's too dumbed down for people with average and above intelligence to understand.

I just brought this pointless campfire over because conservativecave was mentioned in it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Re: Re: Atman gets desperate
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 03:51:28 PM »
Pedro, I owned and operated a very successful mortgage lending business for over 20 years, and in the past few years have converted it into a very successful multi-level investment company.  I built it.  Me.  Not John next door, not Sally down the street, not Bill across town, and certainly not Rob at Mission Control.  It was me; all me.

Now if you required the help of others for you to draw cartoon bubbles, that's your problem.  It has nothing to do with what I did by myself.

Poor Pedro.

:clap:

Excellent post!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 05:12:06 PM »
16 TRILLION and counting. More than likely the Chinese paid for those planes and our defense. All the tax income goes to paying you DUmmies to sit around and whine, and give freebies to democrat voters.