Author Topic: primitives discuss what's for dinner tonight  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: primitives discuss what's for dinner tonight
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2012, 10:07:52 PM »
Your casserole goulash thing sounds tasty.  I just wish ground beef weren't so damn expensive... it's almost as much as a gallon of milk.  I remember when ground beef used to be about the same price as chicken, but that was before Barack Obama though it was necessary for our energy costs to skyrocket.

Beef and chicken prices are insane. I won't even tell you what I paid for chicken wings a few weeks ago, I was shocked.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2012, 10:10:54 PM »
It's gotten to the point where the only thing I buy are whole chickens or dark meat pieces (thighs are the first thing I look at).  Douse them with enough spices and they're tolerable.

Here's my spicy chicken rub... I've posted it before.  Substituting the cumin for yellow curry powder was pretty tasty. 

1 Tbsp of paprika
1 Tbsp of cumin
1 tsp dried garlic powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:16:36 PM by chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2012, 10:15:44 PM »
My Husband likes the wings once in a while with the buffalo sauce so I didn't have to buy them for a long time, it's a huge price difference from the last time I had to buy them.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2012, 10:18:27 PM »
My Husband likes the wings once in a while with the buffalo sauce so I didn't have to buy them for a long time, it's a huge price difference from the last time I had to buy them.
If you're buying pieces, sometimes it's cheaper to check the frozen food aisle first.  I think I saved 50 cent a pound doing that when I bought some wings.  I'm not a fan of wings but they're good if you let them soak overnight in soy sauce and sugar.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2012, 04:18:01 AM »
OK Frank... that seems like it would be yummy. Happy now? You been communicating with Ma Perky, the retired English teacher? God I hope not!!!!  One English teacher correcting my emails/postings is enough!!!! :argh:

:-) :-) :-) :-)

I'm thinking that Coach is objecting to the word "y***y," and would probably prefer "delicious" or "tastes great."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2012, 06:10:50 AM »
Change of mind, I was out shopping for a few hours and don't feel like cooking, so I picked up cold cuts, nice rolls, roasted peppers, sicilian olives and macaroni salad!

Yeah, no way in hell I was cooking last night.  Just did some pork shoulder bbq in the crock pot.  The store sells this really good Hormel brand that breaks down nicely.  Throw in some mac salad and leftover chicken, good times were had by all.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Karin

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2012, 08:32:42 AM »
I just have to stop reading right here and go

With organic tot medallions? (they're very small)

:rotf: :lmao: :rofl:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2012, 08:37:33 AM »
Yeah, no way in hell I was cooking last night.  Just did some pork shoulder bbq in the crock pot.  The store sells this really good Hormel brand that breaks down nicely.  Throw in some mac salad and leftover chicken, good times were had by all.

That sounds good. I have to remember that you can make things like that in the crockpot.