Author Topic: primitives discuss what's for dinner tonight  (Read 1838 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: primitives discuss what's for dinner tonight
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 09:15:05 AM »
Recipe.  PM.  NOW.

Bally, while you're PMing Sparky, could you shoot that to me as well?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 09:18:23 AM »

Actually, might as well just post it in the cooking forum.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 09:18:32 AM »
Recipe.  PM.  NOW.

I'll just post it here.

This is the Duggars Recipe:

2 lb ground turkey cooked, seasoned, drained
3 2lb bags tater tots
2 cans cream of mushroom
2 cans evaporated milk
2 cans cream of chicken
Brown meat & place in large cass. dish.
Cover with tater tots. Mix soup & milk together.
Pour over top. Bake at 350 for 1 Hour.
(One of Daddy’s Favorites!) Makes 2- 9”X13” pans

Minky gave me her recipe though a few years ago, so I kind of make it the way she does. Here's how I make it:

2 pounds ground beef
I add some spices
1 can of peas
2 cans mushroom soup mixed with milk
2 packages tater tots
cheddar cheese

I just fry the meat, add the spices then add the peas, layer a baking pan with the meat mixture, put the tater tots on top, put the mushroom soup mixture on top of the tater tots (it'll sink down into the meat too), then add cheddar cheese to the top of the tater tots, 350 degree oven like the Duggars recipe for an hour.

It's really awesome.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 09:19:06 AM »

I just posted it here and I'll post it in the cooking forum.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 09:21:40 AM »

Minky gave me her recipe though a few years ago, so I kind of make it the way she does. Here's how I make it:

Are the amounts you gave enough for one or two 9 X 13 pans?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2012, 09:22:02 AM »
With organic tot medallions? (they're very small)

:lmao: I have no idea what the heck that even is.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2012, 09:22:30 AM »
Are the amounts you gave enough for one or two 9 X 13 pans?

I do 1, and it really makes a lot, we have leftovers.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2012, 09:24:58 AM »
Oh! here's a recipe for it from DU:

2 lb Ground Chuck
1 Onion, Chopped
12 oz Sour Cream

10 3/4 oz Cream of Chicken Soup
10 3/4 oz Cream of Mushroom Soup

16 oz Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
1 lg Bag of Tater Tots

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 09:26:41 AM »
Sour cream?  Sounds like kind of a lazy way to do it, but I guess it's better than Pam's Chicken Enchiladas.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2012, 09:29:55 AM »
Sour cream?  Sounds like kind of a lazy way to do it, but I guess it's better than Pam's Chicken Enchiladas.

Not if it's organic, free-range, sun-cured sour cream!

Are you paying attention, lurking DUmmies?
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2012, 09:32:38 AM »

I've never done the sour cream, I can't imagine it adding to the recipe, also I only use the mushroom soup, not the cream of chicken.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 11:09:34 AM »
They must really be desperate for DUmp cred to eat stringy pasture grass beef.

I want mine to finish out his life confined, standing in front of a trough full of corn.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2012, 01:32:40 PM »
Change of mind, I was out shopping for a few hours and don't feel like cooking, so I picked up cold cuts, nice rolls, roasted peppers, sicilian olives and macaroni salad!

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2012, 07:13:14 PM »
I'll just post it here.

This is the Duggars Recipe:

2 pounds ground beef
I add some spices
1 can of peas
2 cans mushroom soup mixed with milk
2 packages tater tots
cheddar cheese

I just fry the meat, add the spices then add the peas, layer a baking pan with the meat mixture, put the tater tots on top, put the mushroom soup mixture on top of the tater tots (it'll sink down into the meat too), then add cheddar cheese to the top of the tater tots, 350 degree oven like the Duggars recipe for an hour.

It's really awesome.

That sound yummy!!! Do the tots have to be thawed first or can you put them in frozen?

Sounds kinda like something Grandma Perky made every now again. Take hash browns, the ones that are shaped like a piece of toast, put a pork chop in between the hash browns, (make sure it is vertical and not horizontal) put sharp cheddar on either side of the chop and over the top of the whole thing, and put cream of mushroom over the whole thing. Bake for a while and that stuff was great!
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2012, 07:20:26 PM »
That sound yummy!!! Do the tots have to be thawed first or can you put them in frozen?

Sounds kinda like something Grandma Perky made every now again. Take hash browns, the ones that are shaped like a piece of toast, put a pork chop in between the hash browns, (make sure it is vertical and not horizontal) put sharp cheddar on either side of the chop and over the top of the whole thing, and put cream of mushroom over the whole thing. Bake for a while and that stuff was great!

Nope, they don't have to be thawed, you just put them on frozen and they cook so nice with the cheese melting on top of them. And your Grandmas recipe sounds awesome!

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2012, 07:36:42 PM »
Nope, they don't have to be thawed, you just put them on frozen and they cook so nice with the cheese melting on top of them. And your Grandmas recipe sounds awesome!

What kind of spices do you put on it? I just showed your recipe to Ma Perky and she said it sounds yummy. She can't eat certain spices though. Had her gall bladder removed. Oregano wears her out along with garlic.

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2012, 08:23:43 PM »
What kind of spices do you put on it? I just showed your recipe to Ma Perky and she said it sounds yummy. She can't eat certain spices though. Had her gall bladder removed. Oregano wears her out along with garlic.

I just do salt and pepper, if I have things like thyme in the house I've used that too.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2012, 08:34:38 PM »
That sound y***y!!! Do the tots have to be thawed first or can you put them in frozen?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2012, 09:08:13 PM »
I just do salt and pepper, if I have things like thyme in the house I've used that too.

OK thanks Ballygrl!!!! We gonna try that next weekend.

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2012, 09:11:39 PM »
That sound y***y!!! Do the tots have to be thawed first or can you put them in frozen?

Wrong kinda tots Frank. The tots you thinking of you cook on the grill under a wood fire and they definitely need to be thawed.   :

I got the recipe if you are interested. :fuelfire: :fuelfire:

:-) :-) :-)

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2012, 09:14:48 PM »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2012, 09:15:40 PM »
2 lb Ground Chuck
1 Onion, Chopped
12 oz Sour Cream

10 3/4 oz Cream of Chicken Soup
10 3/4 oz Cream of Mushroom Soup

16 oz Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
1 lg Bag of Tater Tots
I have an idea for a new cookbook... The Expiration Date Buffet. 

I think the closest thing I've made to this recipe would be Shepherd's Pie.  Good stuff, but I can't imaging using tater tots in it.  I guess once you've tossed in the Mushroom and Chicken soup, it doesn't matter at that point.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2012, 09:26:36 PM »
If we're discussing dinner, or what those of us in the rural areas call supper, I've got a little story for you. I was on an undercover mission as a fictional spirit-guide when I stumbled upon a dead baby polar bear. It hadn't been dead long. Since I was almost out of food supplies and was very hungry I decided to stew him. I didn't have any condiments, but thankfully he was nicely salted from all of the astrally projected tears of those at DU. Believe it or not, as the stew was almost complete a baby seal wondered into the camp. You could tell that he was hungry also so I took a tin of sardines out of my pack and spread them near me. I didn't take but a minute before felt comfortable enough to move right next to me and the sardines. Soon he was right there within arm reach of me. I could reach out a pet him. He seemed to be a sweet little baby seal. I think he may have actually viewed me as some sort of parental figure because when he finished the last sardine he eased right over next to my leg to relax. With him this close I just couldn't resist. I reached over and grabbed my BFEE approved club, I use the Krovian model, and decided that instead of just stewed baby polar bear I would have a buffet. A nice meal for an undercover op in the cold.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2012, 09:40:00 PM »
That sound y***y!!!

OK Frank... that seems like it would be yummy. Happy now? You been communicating with Ma Perky, the retired English teacher? God I hope not!!!!  One English teacher correcting my emails/postings is enough!!!! :argh:

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2012, 09:40:43 PM »
Your casserole goulash thing sounds tasty.  I just wish ground beef weren't so damn expensive... it's almost as much as a gallon of milk.  I remember when ground beef used to be about the same price as chicken, but that was before Barack Obama though it was necessary for our energy costs to skyrocket.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.