Author Topic: DU response to Obama's failed attempt to exclude Fox..  (Read 1832 times)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: DU response to Obama's failed attempt to exclude Fox..
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2009, 03:50:59 PM »
For the most part, the only segments on any of the news channels that are actually 'news', are the second string folks manning the anchor desk between the A list personalities who have shows.

The shows are commentary.

And that's what the White House doesn't like. Fox News' commentary folks are good at what they do, they attract a large audience which generates revenue for the parent company, and unlike all the other stations they don't swing left (for the most part). Therefore, center-right viewers tune in to get what the other stations don't offer.

So, when people watch news, the left tend to favor CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, Etc etc.  Everybody else goes to mainly one place for television news. Obama drowns Fox, and he wins.

Offline ReaganForRushmore

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2009, 05:21:01 PM »
Haha.. can you imagine the press conferences? A room full of tattooed and pierced reporters wearing bdsm leather gear.  :whatever:
Thanks,

now I have an eye worm of Helen Thomas in leather with a whip,

and Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman in BDSM gear with tingles going up their legs.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2009, 05:36:35 PM »
Thanks,

now I have an eye worm of Helen Thomas in leather with a whip,

and Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman in BDSM gear with tingles going up their legs.

ewwwwwww........
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2009, 05:58:32 PM »
I gotta know.  Has ANYONE asked these folks why they don't like Fox News?  I know they hate it but I can't figure out why.

Fox is more centrist than the rest of the media but they still aren't 'right'.  I see both sides of issues presented on Fox more often than I see it presented on any other channels ....

Can any of those folks cite specific instances of things Fox has done they don't care for?

KC

If not for the day we would not know what night was.

Fox along with Rush and Internet sites have opened up the public debate that was completely owned by the left for generations.

They hate that they have lost that and Fox is just a name and entity to focus that hate on.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 06:03:22 PM »
If not for the day we would not know what night was.

Fox along with Rush and Internet sites have opened up the public debate that was completely owned by the left for generations.

They hate that they have lost that and Fox is just a name and entity to focus that hate on.

Dead on, neighbor.  (Are you going deer hunting NZ tomorrow?)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2009, 06:06:06 PM »

No,been doing winter preperation here,cut down some big trees today for firewood and hoping to have the winters worth put up by the time southern zone opens next month.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2009, 06:06:59 PM »

Wow.  New York must start deer hunting season early.

Ours here in Nebraska doesn't open up until mid-November.....although due to the surplus of deer, this year Nebraska had a special one-time one-week deer-hunting season in early October.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2009, 06:15:11 PM »
Wow.  New York must start deer hunting season early.

Ours here in Nebraska doesn't open up until mid-November.....although due to the surplus of deer, this year Nebraska had a special one-time one-week deer-hunting season in early October.

NY has a convlouted system of a northern zone/southern zone with bow and muzzleloader seasons attached.
Northern zone starts in October,southern late November with the other stuff intermixed.

Go figure huh? :whatever:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2009, 06:35:55 PM »
NY has a convlouted system of a northern zone/southern zone with bow and muzzleloader seasons attached.
Northern zone starts in October,southern late November with the other stuff intermixed.

Go figure huh? :whatever:

Actually, and I'm pretty sure that Carl knows this (but didn't mention it, because a microscopic number of hunters actually bowhunt the Northern Zone), bowhunting season for deer begins at the end of September, but only if you've not killed one in bow season the last year.  If you have, it starts October 1st. 

It's "convoluted," "twisted," etc.  All I know is that I'll probably need a SCUBA tank to hunt tomorrow, as the camp I belong to is supposed to get an inch or so of rain tomorrow.  Got all my raingear out, ready for then.

To go back to the OP . . . Yes, the newsies actually did their job, which is to remain dispassionate and report the news.  They all know that if FNC is excluded, they could be next--for reasons that will not be explained to them, or explained very vaguely.  For once, they showed a spine.  They deserve this:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.