Author Topic: primitive complains about lack of jobs for new nurses  (Read 1829 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitive complains about lack of jobs for new nurses
« on: June 23, 2009, 06:02:47 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5908309

Oh my.

Skins's island is jampacked with nurses today.

One wonders what's up with that.

inthebrain (1000+ posts)        Tue Jun-23-09 06:55 PM
Original message

New Graduate Nurses Get ****ed!!!!!

I wonder where their bailout is?

For years it's been said there's a nursing shortage. Maybe so but that doesn't explain the lack of jobs for new grads. It's funny how the capitalists create these shortage myths to occupy all the surplus labor. Mainly to keep them from pointing fingers at the capitalists.

****ing scumbags. Now that all these people invested tens of thousands of dollars into their nursing educations, where's Obama to bail them out?

Even if things open up from a year from now, those that just graduated are not going to get hired. Hospitals are not going to hire an RN who's been sitting for a year two with their skills deteroriating. In that case they are gonna take the new grads as they are fresh.

What a ****ing ruse.

This is just like the .com bubble from a few years ago. Oh, go major in computers or some other techie bullshit and there will be jobs a plenty. Many of those folks after having gotten ****ed with that bullshit, fought to get into nursing programs only to get ****ed again.

Once again it is proven that Capitalism is an empty system with no security or promises for anyone who works hard to get ahead.

What's the next bullshit shortage going to be? Basket weavers?

One surely hopes so.  It would be nice.

babylonsister  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jun-23-09 06:57 PM
Response to Original message

1. Where? Do you have a link? Thanks.

thunder rising  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jun-23-09 06:57 PM
Response to Original message

2. Cry me a river, I'm an unemployed software engineer contacted daily by benched H1-Bs pretending to extend job offers. Meanwhile tens of thousands of new H1-B engineers are imported every year.

This bonfire's brand-new; the primitives haven't seen it yet.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline MrsSmith

Re: primitive complains about lack of jobs for new nurses
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 06:07:24 PM »
Hmmm...the Nursing program at Mr Smith's college had 100% of it's grads find work straight out of school...and at a higher pay rate than I make after 15 years at in my career.  I guess those cheap, online, fake school diplomas don't work so great...   :lmao:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 06:17:14 PM »
Damn, just damn! Read the stinkin' classifieds idiot! There are COLUMNS of jobs looking for RN's. What planet are you living on?

Maybe you ought to get out of the BLUE city and state! Of course being a DUmpster DIver, you want them to beat down your door, offering you a mil a year just cause you feel like you deserve it, right?

Another example of living proof the Indians ****ed the buffalo!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 06:56:36 PM »

Also student nurses. As I recall from college days, they were highly prized dates.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 11:26:29 PM »

Also student nurses. As I recall from college days, they were highly prized dates.

Now that's funny there!!!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 01:20:33 AM »
Dang it, I bet one of them just graduated the UAW University on installing lugnuts too... now he cannot find a job.

Healthcare is a targeted industry, you must be mad to want to go there. I realize they might have started years ago...

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 04:53:02 AM »

Almost coated the monitor with the bacon and egg breakfast wrap!  That is funny!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 04:03:23 PM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 05:42:34 AM »
Damn, just damn! Read the stinkin' classifieds idiot! There are COLUMNS of jobs looking for RN's. What planet are you living on?

Maybe you ought to get out of the BLUE city and state! Of course being a DUmpster DIver, you want them to beat down your door, offering you a mil a year just cause you feel like you deserve it, right?

Another example of living proof the Indians ****ed the buffalo!
There are tons of positions for fresh out of school nurses advertised with one large hospital system alone down here. Not to mention the federal gov is hiring them to work in the Naval hospital and clinics.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 05:46:39 AM »
JBoy  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Jun-23-09 07:07 PM
Response to Reply #6
12. From your second link:

Bernadette Melnyk, RN, Ph.D., dean of Arizona State University’s College of Nursing and Healthcare Innovation, agreed that the situation is similar in Arizona.

“For the first time in quite a few years, our graduates aren’t having the easiest time getting the positions that they want,” she said. “And I’m not saying the positions aren’t out there. I’m saying it’s not coming as easy as it did, and they may have to take positions that aren’t their first choice.”
Found the problem!

Now I need a shower after my brief trip to the island. Blech
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 08:46:56 AM »
Found the problem!

Now I need a shower after my brief trip to the island. Blech

Oh Noes!!!!  They might not get their very first choice position?  Something must be done!  :whatever:

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 04:04:05 PM »
Oh Noes!!!!  They might not get their very first choice position?  Something must be done!  :whatever:

Wouldn't that be "bottom" for a lot of them?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 04:53:49 PM »
inthebrain (1000+ posts)        Tue Jun-23-09 06:55 PM
Original message

Fantastic, where does the line form?!?

:evillaugh:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 05:01:12 PM »
Quote from:
inthebrain

Once again it is proven that Capitalism is an empty system with no security or promises for anyone who works hard to get ahead.

I've got a bank balance and investment potfolio that says otherwise.  Take a hike, loser.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 05:04:28 PM »

:rofl:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 05:19:21 PM »

I'll second that!

Chase her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 03:57:42 PM »
GOBUCKS made a funny on another thread, too (what causes basement odor). :lmao:

That nurse has the filthiest mouth I've ever seen.  She doesn't seem much like an angel of mercy to me.  Anyway, if you look in our paper, healthcare jobs are ALL there is.  Those, and those state jobs where you have to deal with the unfortunates in society.  Problem children, drug addicts, mentally ill and the like.  NY stuck all that stuff up here, like a crazy aunt in the attic. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 04:14:34 PM »
Problem children, drug addicts, mentally ill and the like.  NY stuck all that stuff up here, like a crazy aunt in the attic.

Lately, Karin, Albany is overflowing with them--and they're coming from the NY State Senate. ::) :loser:

Chase her.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 09:33:20 PM »
Morons. I could quit my nursing job tonight and be working again by tomorrow morning. You're not going to get the real plum jobs as a new grad. It's like any other career, you have to work your way up the food chain.

Even if things open up from a year from now, those that just graduated are not going to get hired. Hospitals are not going to hire an RN who's been sitting for a year two with their skills deteroriating. In that case they are gonna take the new grads as they are fresh.

You don't have any skills to speak of fresh out of school. What you have is a whole lot of book learning. The skills come from OJT and experience.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 10:49:16 PM »
You don't have any skills to speak of fresh out of school. What you have is a whole lot of book learning. The skills come from OJT and experience.
The problem with book-learning is that if you don't use it, it starts to fade.  I was asked to set up a small network at work... a simple routed network with a firewall in the middle to test some new servers and a new IDS.  What would have taken me three hours about four years ago took me nearly three days (on and off) because I hadn't used any of what I had learned in so long I couldn't remember it. :(
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 10:55:44 PM by Chris »
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 05:04:48 AM »
Nurses can't find work?  I better tell my friend the nurse.  She's working THREE jobs and they still want more hours out of her.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 07:17:06 AM »
Nurses can't find work?  I better tell my friend the nurse.  She's working THREE jobs and they still want more hours out of her.

Exactly. I have one friend that just took a job for $45 an hour. With overtime, she takes home over $2,000 a week. She did have to move for the job.

I wonder if inthebrain is confusing nurses with diploma factory medical assistants? Alot of people call MA's nurses, not realizing that their doctor has not had any RN's on the payroll for twenty years.  :evillaugh:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 07:34:55 AM »
Yeah, just an ever-so-slight difference between RN's/BSN's and LPN's/CNA's.  CNA's make an average of $25K per year, according to Payscale.com.  LPN's, about $35K/yr.  RN's, over $60K/yr on average, and BSN's can make more than $70K.  Get into specializations like surgical nursing (as my aunt was), and you're well into six-figure range.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 11:53:14 AM »
Yeah, just an ever-so-slight difference between RN's/BSN's and LPN's/CNA's.  CNA's make an average of $25K per year, according to Payscale.com.  LPN's, about $35K/yr.  RN's, over $60K/yr on average, and BSN's can make more than $70K.  Get into specializations like surgical nursing (as my aunt was), and you're well into six-figure range.

Yup.

My Aunt Liz was a emergency surgery nursing supervisor, then was promoted to be the director of nursing over the campus. At 50 years old she went back and earned a MBA and became the nursing director over three hospital locations. She made very good money when she retired. Now she still has a nursing license and is her church's parish nurse. Helping those that need in home care. She has a big heart. She donates all her time. All this while she has a special needs adult son at home that requires alot of her attention and spent years taking care of my father's brother that was ill for many years. God Bless her!

Just think what DUmmies could do if they got off the sofa!

Speaking of, I need to get ready and head to my job as a healthcare professional. They gave me another raise yesterday, this one for being there a year. I guess I better show up today!  :evillaugh:

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 11:55:45 AM »
The problem with book-learning is that if you don't use it, it starts to fade.  I was asked to set up a small network at work... a simple routed network with a firewall in the middle to test some new servers and a new IDS.  What would have taken me three hours about four years ago took me nearly three days (on and off) because I hadn't used any of what I had learned in so long I couldn't remember it. :(

That sucks, it's happened to me also. I thought I was just getting old.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 12:43:57 PM »

I dunno! Have you seen what a moonbat nurse looks like? There's one in my doc's office that when she takes my blood pressure I'm always afraid she will fall on me and squish the breakfast outa me! She's got to be upwards of 300 lbs!