Author Topic: Boston drunkards mother doesn't understand  (Read 716 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Boston drunkards mother doesn't understand
« on: February 19, 2009, 04:33:39 PM »
Quote from:
Raven

Here is what I don't understand about the Stimulus...

I have lost 30% of the value of my retirement savings and the bleeding has not stopped. Why does anyone think that I'm going to buy anything like a new car? Who's got the $$$ to "stimulate" the economy? People nearing retirement age don't have the time left to rebuild their nest eggs...what's in this Stimulus to help us?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5091898

Kinda late to be asking, but OK.

Quote from:
LynneSin

2. Your retirement is based on the stock market 

If the Stimulus plan works your investments should hopefully return to normal. When people feel a sense of security they start to spend money again and that money spending will bolster the stock market and hopefully you'll see some of that retirement money return.

And when it doesn't work......?

Quote from:
sandnsea
Response to Reply #2

5. It will put money directly into construction, in transportation and green energy, as well as social services. That will create direct jobs, which will create ripple jobs, and then what you said. I'm baffled that people don't get it, or think it helps the economy to pretend not to get it.

Allow me to unravel your being baffled.  People who understand economics DO get it, and they know what you believe is going to happen just isn't going to happen.

Tell me, why would business want this deal:

1) Gov't gives you money to "help you out,"
2) Because you took the money, gov't gets a say in how you run your business,
3) Oh and BTW, you have to pay the money back,
4) And the economy stinks so paying it back is not going to happen anytime soon, so in the meanwhile the gov't has its nose in your business.

Explain why any business would want that deal, sandnsea primitive?

There's nothing in anything they're doing to give the small businessperson a break and make them want to be innovative and take risks.  Until they address that, forget about it.

The only possible way to get the DUmmies to understand economics is to hold them down or tie them to a chair and then physically slap them hard every time they don't agree with what you're telling them.  And even then, they still wouldn't get it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Boston drunkards mother doesn't understand
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 04:41:06 PM »
You know, this is what's really pathetic about the self-sacrificing carpetbagging maternal ancestress, and other primitives who happen to be trust fund kids, of which there's many.

The self-sacrificing carpetbagging maternal ancestress is not young; she's been around for a long time now.

The self-sacrificing carpetbagging maternal ancestress came from a wealthy family.

The self-sacrificing carpetbagging maternal ancestress is not unintelligent.

During her whole life, she was beneficiary of money flowing in like water out of a bathtub faucet, an unstoppable flow.

It appears that at no time the self-sacrificing carpetbagging maternal ancestress ever wondered, ever checked into, the source of her wealth; was ever curious about where her money came from.

Of course, if she had bothered to learn about the creation of money and wealth, she would've ended up Republican and conservative, and maybe she intuitively understood that would happen, and she didn't want it to happen.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 04:41:45 PM »
Raven

Here is what I don't understand about the Stimulus...

I have lost 30% of the value of my retirement savings and the bleeding has not stopped. Why does anyone think that I'm going to buy anything like a new car? Who's got the $$$ to "stimulate" the economy? People nearing retirement age don't have the time left to rebuild their nest eggs...what's in this Stimulus to help us?

http://www.democraticunde...l&address=389x5091898

Click your heels together and say "hope and change" 10 times. It should come back.

Hey, it was you ****ing idiots that got us into this mess; I don't wanna hear it.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 04:50:40 PM »
Click your heels together and say "hope and change" 10 times. It should come back.

Hey, it was you ****ing idiots that got us into this mess; I don't wanna hear it.

H5, Kev!  :rotf: :lmao:  :evillaugh: :rotf: :lmao: :evillaugh:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 04:51:32 PM »
Boston drunkards mother doesn't understand

Well, then I'd have to say she's certainly posting on the right board!

:mental:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 04:53:12 PM »
Hey Raven

tax cuts and possibly just stimulus checks (remember those?) would have given you a LOT more than this isiotic plan