Author Topic: Ayurvedic Diet  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Ayurvedic Diet
« on: November 25, 2008, 10:38:22 PM »
Has anyone else looked into this?

I'm a Pitta type and I know when I drink my special tea, it really does settle me. 

Here's the quiz to figure out your type  What's my Dosha

My SIL did it and it worked for her, that's why I did it.  I have a book  Eat-Taste-Heal: An Ayurvedic Cookbook for Modern Living and the recipes really seem to make me feel better.

Like the Pitta type isn't supposed to eat a lot of beef and when I do I feel all crappy.  But if I stick with what they recommend I feel good.  The tea recipes really work.  I can post the Vata and Kapha one if anyone's interested. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:14:05 PM by Miss Mia »
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
Re: Ayurvedic Diet
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 12:16:13 AM »
Has anyone else looked into this?

I'm a Pitta type and I know when I drink my special tea, it really does settle me. 

Here's the quiz to figure out your type  What's my Dosha

My SIL did it and it worked for her, that's why I did it.  I have a book  http://Eat-Taste-Heal: An Ayurvedic Cookbook for Modern Living and the recipes really seem to make me feel better.

Like the Pitta type isn't supposed to eat a lot of beef and when I do I feel all crappy.  But if I stick with what they recommend I feel good.  The tea recipes really work.  I can post the Vata and Kapha one if anyone's interested. 

Could you post the Vata for me. I sell a lot of Ayurvedic herb formulas at the store. I've been in this field for about 20 years.Anything would be appreciated.
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline Miss Mia

Re: Ayurvedic Diet
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 05:12:42 PM »
Here's the recipes:

Pitta Tea
4 cups water
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
10 fresh mint leaves
Squeeze of lemon juice
To taste, raw organic sugar (like Sucanat)

Kapha Tea
4 cups water
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1 stick cinnamon or licorice
10 fresh basil leaves
squeeze lemon juice

Vata Tea
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
squeeze lemon juice
To taste, raw organic sugar (Sucanat)

If you have one of those tea presses those are good, but most of the time I just make it on the stove and pour the tea through a strainer.

Add all ingredients (except lemon or sugar) in pot and bring to a boil.  Turn off heat and let steep about 4 or 5 minutes.  Add lemon while it's steeping.  Add sugar (unless it's the Kapha) to taste.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."