Author Topic: OET primitive wants others to take the opportunity  (Read 17215 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
OET primitive wants others to take the opportunity
« on: January 10, 2011, 12:44:56 PM »
Quote from:
Laelth

A Golden Opportunity for the Right:  Take the High Road and Condemn Violent Rhetoric

January 10, 2011

The tragic shooting of Gabrielle Giffords provides conservative pundits and politicians a golden opportunity to take the high road and condemn the violent, hateful rhetoric that encourages political assassination attempts of the kind we recently witnessed in Arizona.  It doesn’t matter whether the shooter was a left-wing nut or a right-wing nut, and make no mistake, Jared Loughner is a nut, as his YouTube videos demonstrate.  The right thing to do under these circumstances is to condemn the reckless rhetoric that creates a climate in which it’s inevitable that a nut will eventually act out in a way that leads to the deaths of innocent people.

Because the intended victim was a Democrat, Democrats and left-leaning pundits can not lead on this subject in this environment.  Any thing they say about the hateful, violent rhetoric that passes for political discourse in the United States these days will be automatically condemned as purely political posturing.  These kinds of accusations have already been leveled.  No.  Right now, in this environment, only Republicans and right-leaning political commentators have the opportunity to do the right thing—and that would be to make every effort to reign in the rhetoric that leads nuts like Loughner to exercise their 2nd Amendment remedies.  Seriously, how hard would it be for conservative politicians and pundits to admit that violent, hateful rhetoric creates a climate that invites tragedy?  How hard would it be for the "adults" among us to universally condemn the rhetoric that leads to this kind of tragedy? Wouldn't that be the responsible thing to do?

To her credit, Sarah Palin quickly scrubbed her website and pulled down the graphic that had rifle-scope cross-hairs pointed directly at Gabrielle Giffords’ House district in Arizona.  Her doing so constitutes an implicit admission to her own culpability in Giffords’ shooting.  If she were entirely innocent, she wouldn’t have felt the need to pull down the image.  Admirably, Palin recognized that her own rhetoric made her complicit in this tragedy, and she responded appropriately.  She scrubbed the violent rhetoric.  The question is whether other right-leaning politicians and pundits will do the same.  Many people are complicit in this tragedy.  How they respond will tell us a lot about their values and their commitment to our democratic republic.  

No sane person is calling for Palin to be prosecuted for her cross-hairs graphic.  While she may be complicit in Giffords’ shooting, she’s not criminally liable for it.  Being complicit means being partially responsible, but that the level of involvement does not rise to a level that is criminally actionable.  That could be said of a number of politicians and pundits in regards to a number of tragic events in American history, but the point here is that Palin did the right thing when there was even a remote possibility that she had made a tragic mistake.  She scrubbed her website.  She toned down her violent rhetoric.  Will other conservative pundits and politicians do the same?  That remains to be seen.

So far, the right has been mostly silent about the tragedy.  What scant responses there have been are childishly defensive.  And it’s not surprising that the right is being defensive right now.  After all, there are very few left-wing militias (if any), and talk radio is dominated by people who push both a right-leaning agenda and who, on occasion, suggest violent remedies to political problems.  If anything, right-wing pundits and politicians try to shut down discussion of this issue.  Senator Lamar Alexander (R-TN) told a CNN reporter in response to a question regarding Palin’s cross-hairs ad, “I think you’re responsible, by bringing this up, of doing the very thing you’re trying to condemn.” Alexander continued that, “I think the way to get away from it is for you not to be talking about it.”

How exactly, one wonders, is “not talking about this problem” going to help?  The fact of the matter is that right-leaning politicians and pundits have subtly been pushing violent, hateful rhetoric for years, and it is entirely disingenuous of them to now claim no responsibility for the tragedy we recently witnessed.  But it doesn’t really matter to the 9-year-old victim of this tragedy who, exactly, was pushing the violent rhetoric that inflamed Loughner, nor does it matter to the Federal Judge who was killed, nor to any of the other victims.  It doesn’t even matter what Loughner’s “true motivations” were.  What matters to all of us is the fact that words have consequences and that the nature of our political discourse has become more extreme and more violent in our recent history.  This event provides Republicans and conservative pundits with an opportunity to tone down the rhetoric of hatred and anger that leads nuts like Loughner to kill innocent people.  Democrats and liberals can’t lead this fight because the intended victim, this time, was one of their own.  At this particular, historical moment, only conservatives can lead us to a more rational and civil national discourse, but will they?

The jury’s still out on that, but the point being made here is that it would be beneficial, both morally and politically, for the right to condemn violent and hateful rhetoric in the wake of this tragedy.  Defensive responses are tantamount to an admission of guilt, and while some right-leaning politicians and pundits have every reason to be defensive, it would serve them better, politically, to do the right thing and condemn all rhetoric that incites violence, whether it be from the right or the left.  Not only would that be a service to the nation and to the Republican Party, itself, it would be the right thing to do.  It is entirely up to them whether or not they heed this call and seize this golden opportunity.

-Laelth

http://www.oldelmtree.com/index.php?topic=18485.msg202701;topicseen#msg202701

We have links to Democrats using targets to ID Republicans for political defeat, we have Dear Leader saying on the campaign trail, "If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun," we have Chris Matthews saying he hopes one day someone will kill Rush Limbaugh like Mr. Big died in the James Bond movie 'Live and Let Die," we have the KosKiddies scrubbing their website over one of their own saying Gabrielle Giffords was "dead to me," and on and on we could go.

So where's the Laelth's calls for liberals to "Take the High Road and Condemn Violent Rhetoric?"  Silence from him on any of these events, until now.  And even at this juncture, it's over an event that, by all indications, had nothing to do with what  some refer to as "violent rhetoric."

The hypocracy and lies of the left knows no bounds.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:48:53 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: OET primitive wants others to take the opportunity
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 12:59:05 PM »
Let me get this straight, Laelth wants the right to condemn violent rhetoric? OK I will, I condemn MSNBC for the violence they talk about when discussing Republicans on a daily basis, I condemn Democratic Underground for not having rules in place to stop the foaming at the mouth posters, I condemn the left blogosphere for jumping to conclusions before the facts were in place and doing so for political purposes, I condemn the left for cheering a President of the United States to say things like this:

Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”

Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”

Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”

Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”

Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“

Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”

Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”

Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”

Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”.

I condemn the left for these acts of violence:

•It was not the fear of conservative violence that caused Ann Coulter's speech to be cancelled this week.

•It was a liberal who bit the finger off a man who disagreed with him on healthcare.

•It was Obama-loving Amy Bishop who took a gun to work and murdered co-workers.

•Joseph Stack flew his plane into the IRS building after writing an anti-conservative manifesto.

•It was liberals who destroyed AM radio towers outside of Seattle.

•It's liberals who burn down Hummer dealerships.

•It was progressive SEIU union thugs who beat a blaack conservative man who spoke his mind.

•It's doubtful that a conservative fired shotss into a GOP campaign headquarters.

•In fact, Democrats have no monopoly on having their offices vandalized.

•Don't forget it was Obama's friend Bill Ayers who used terrorism as a tool for political change. SDS is still radical, with arrests in 2007 and the storming of the CATO Institute in July 2008.

•It was a liberal who was sentenced to two years for bringing bombs and riot shields to the Republican National Convention in 2008.

•It was a liberal who threatened to kill a government informant who infiltrated her Austin-based group that planned to bomb the RNC.

•It was liberals who assaulted police in Berkeley.

•It was liberals who intimidated and threw rocks through the windows of researchers.

•The two Black Panthers who stood outside polls intimidating people with nightsticks were probably not right-wingers.

•Every time the G20 gets together, it's not conservatives who destroy property and cause chaos.

I condemn the left for allowing radicals like we see on ZombieTime to get away with their violent demonstrations, and I condemn those on the left who refuse to look in the mirror, and who don't adhere to the old saying about pointing fingers, and when you point a finger there are always 3 fingers pointing back at you. Get your own house in order before you try to condemn my house!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 01:04:23 PM »
Oh, and in reference to OET, I was a little ticked off at what Allentown Jake did here, but fair is fair, and I have to say the past couple of days he's been the minority over there and hasn't railed against the right, and hasn't pointed the finger of blame at the right, he seems to be the only 1 over there who realizes this over-reaction by the left will hurt the left in the long run, and is trying his best to steer the conversation from the insanity to reality, of course most aren't following his lead. But hats off to you Jake for trying.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
Hey Laelth,you have an account here so why don`t you show up and condemn the fact right from the word go the left has been trying to turn this monstous act of a lunatic into a political circus and attempt to silence free speech.

I dare you to.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 02:02:45 PM »
Typical liberal projection.

BTW we are no longer kowtowed by the label racist.  We will not kowtow to baseless claims of violence either.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 02:13:58 PM »
We have links to Democrats using targets to ID Republicans for political defeat, we have Dear Leader saying on the campaign trail, "If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun," we have Chris Matthews saying he hopes one day someone will kill Rush Limbaugh like Mr. Big died in the James Bond movie 'Live and Let Die," we have the KosKiddies scrubbing their website over one of their own saying Gabrielle Giffords was "dead to me," and on and on we could go.

So where's the Laelth's calls for liberals to "Take the High Road and Condemn Violent Rhetoric?"  Silence from him on any of these events, until now.  And even at this juncture, it's over an event that, by all indications, had nothing to do with what  some refer to as "violent rhetoric."

The hypocracy and lies of the left knows no bounds.

Ok, I'm goin' to post this link until these dipshits get it, on every single link we bring over here to show their hypocrisy!

Malkin's run down on left wingers inciting violence!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 02:28:47 PM »
Laelth

A Golden Opportunity for the Right:  Take the High Road and Condemn Violent Rhetoric

January 10, 2011

The tragic shooting of Gabrielle Giffords provides conservative pundits and politicians a golden opportunity to take the high road and condemn the violent, hateful rhetoric that encourages political assassination attempts of the kind we recently witnessed in Arizona.

:whatever:

Physician, heal thyself first.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 02:38:36 PM »
Laelth

A Golden Opportunity for the Right:  Take the High Road and Condemn Violent Rhetoric

January 10, 2011

A Golden Opportunity for the Democrat Underground: Take the High Road and Condemn Sick ****s Who Assasinate Members of Congress and 9 Year-Old Girls

Try doing that, you sanctimonious twat.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 02:47:05 PM »
Keep in mind the libs idea of "childishly defensive" is not admitting to be what they claim you are.

What the Laelth's of the world can't seem to grasp is that I find the words of those to whom his comrades listen (like Olbermann, Maddow, Malloy, etc...) to be hatefilled rhetoric that is being said to incite violence against those of who they disagree.  So when Olbermann did "The Worst Person In The World" segment, who's to say that someone who agreed with him wouldn't hear that as a calling to rid the world of this "worst" person?  And yet him and libs in general, completely ignore this, or act as though it isn't equivalent.

If he truly believes as he claims, then the responsible thing for him to have done would have been to call upon his lib opinion commentators to not say anything that might even have remotely caused someone to act out what they believed the commentator was asking.  But did he?  No.

You see, when Dear Leader said "they bring a knife, we bring a gun," or when Palin used crosshairs to ID targets for political office, did I take either of those as saying they wanted someone to go out and committ murder?  No, I didn't.  But then again, I'm normal and not a kook like Laelth.  To make matters worse, he views one as being "violent rhetoric" and the other he doesn't even mention.  If he wants Republicans to step up because they're the only one's who can tone down the rhetoric at this time, then he's overlooking the responsibility of the Democrats at this time to actually get the ball rolling by saying "When Dear Leader said "knife, gun," and B, and C, and D, etc..., we condemn him for this, and we call upon R's to do that with those who support them."  But will he call on that?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rainbow Rising

• This is how I felt then. It is how I feel today.
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 02:49:39 PM »
DUmmies probably think "the high road" is a special road designated for potheads.
"Civility" = Liberal code for "Shut up, conservatives!"

"Hate speech" = Liberal code for "Shut up, conservatives!"

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 02:54:31 PM »
 Are all the libtards competing for 'Shitstain of the Month'?
Is this fool Laelth the Head Sludgepit?  

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 02:58:25 PM »
Try doing that, you sanctimonious twat.

HNC . . . let 'em know how you really feel.

H5, BTW!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 03:02:44 PM »

Is this fool Laelth the Head Sludgepit? 

He's their Lead Counsel.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 03:12:53 PM »
He's their Lead Counsel.

Isn't "Laelth" a she, in dire need of gettin' laid? If not, then I stand DUmbFounded, and plead the 5th!

Just sayin............

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 03:16:07 PM »
Isn't "Laelth" a she, in dire need of gettin' laid? If not, then I stand DUmbFounded, and plead the 5th!

Just sayin............

Are you volunteering for the "dirty deed". I won't tell toots, if you are.  :whistling:

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 03:26:39 PM »
Are you volunteering for the "dirty deed". I won't tell toots, if you are.  :whistling:

I wouldn't screw a DUmbster Diver with your dick, Thund!

Besides, it wouldn't be worth it if she looked like Farrah Faucette in the "Charlie's Angel" days!

I like my nutz right where they are, thank you very much!

Sure way to get them re-located would be to step out on "Toots"!

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 03:29:59 PM »
Let's see. A loony leftist maims a relative centrist democrat, and he wants the GOP to apologize?

Typical.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 03:45:12 PM »
Let's see. A loony leftist maims a relative centrist democrat, and he wants the GOP to apologize?

Typical.

Ain't it though?

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 04:26:50 PM »
Her doing so constitutes an implicit admission to her own culpability in Giffords’ shooting.

Explain, Lealth. Explain just how Sarah Palin is responsible for a different person's actions.

She is not you little scumbag. No one is responsible for the actions of another. Can I blame Obama for the actions of Joe Stack? No, because Joe Stack acted on his own volition.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 04:30:13 PM by Attero Dominatus »
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 04:32:43 PM »
Her doing so constitutes an implicit admission to her own culpability in Giffords’ shooting.

Absolutely...

And I blame her for the Saints' complete inability to run a Cover 2 pass defense.  :banghead:

Damn you, Palin!!!!!

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 04:49:03 PM »
Explain, Lealth. Explain just how Sarah Palin is responsible for a different person's actions.

She is not you little scumbag. No one is responsible for the actions of another. Can I blame Obama for the actions of Joe Stack? No, because Joe Stack acted on his own volition.

So will we be hearing from HER around the same time we hear from Allentown Jakeoff?
Personally, I find them both distasteful and am glad they aren't here, but they'll show up eventually, unfortunately for us.

Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 04:51:59 PM »

Don't look at me either....but I am all for sending her the ultimate climax maker "The Eploding Black Vibrator".
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 04:57:25 PM »
So will we be hearing from HER around the same time we hear from Allentown Jakeoff?
Personally, I find them both distasteful and am glad they aren't here, but they'll show up eventually, unfortunately for us.

No, I actually do not expect the Lealth to show up, but who knows. I would love to hear why he/she/it thinks Palin to be responsible.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 04:59:07 PM »
No, I actually do not expect the Lealth to show up, but who knows. I would love to hear why he/she/it thinks Palin to be responsible.

Because he/sheit holds dear to the liberal fantasy that all things evil emanate from Palin, including Hitler and Pol Pot.  Amazing how hatred can derange certain people.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 05:05:05 PM »

Don't look at me either.  I wouldn't screw her with Bea Arthur's dick.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford