Author Topic: Beliefs, by UndergroundPanther...  (Read 965 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Beliefs, by UndergroundPanther...
« on: August 31, 2020, 05:57:54 PM »
Star Member I_UndergroundPanther (3,101 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214003669

Beliefs

Beliefs can be toxic to individuals,and society.

Some beliefs inherent in those beliefs are anti social,anti humanity,anti life tenets.

We have to find a way undo beliefs in people that will rationalize and deny everything to keep it.
I'm not sure it can be done. Because belief requires someone to suspend reality and chop it into chunks that favorably cast the beliefs as good or nessesary to relieve the cognitive dissonance that lying to oneself with a belief causes.

But when the believers are led into fanatacism,cults of personality and death the beliefs become self indoctrinating. Reinforced to the point the individuals personality is basically silenced,ripped out and replaced by the cult object. Because they have given away thier power they fight harder to stay blind because thier ego is held captive they give up self responsibility that all humans have. The cult object pretends to absolve them of thier "sins" like what the right is doing to shield that 17 year old murderer.. eventually the person that's brainwashed but in denial will push the envelope until something breaks,either thier mind or society as they act out thier pathology trying to resolve thier inner conflict the belief causes. What that acting out entails is the stuff of nightmares.

The more one stares into the light the more urgent,vicious and bigger thier shadow gets.

How big are Trumper shadows? Big enough to smother democracy.

Sometimes it becomes important to realize beliefs can turn people into husks that authoritarians fill,and these husks of people
With no identity follow even into death,of us or them. Thier shadows rage and take the form of Donald trump like an insect controlling the minds of it's host the believers dare never ask why.

Just a thought.

:whatever:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Beliefs, by UndergroundPanther...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 06:08:43 PM »

Beliefs

Some beliefs inherent in those beliefs are anti social,anti humanity,anti life tenets.

We have to find a way undo beliefs in people that will rationalize and deny everything to keep it.

Stalin and Mao could make suggestions I know you'd love.

Physician heal thyself, UGP.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 06:11:40 PM »
Because belief requires someone to suspend reality and chop it into chunks that favorably cast the beliefs as good or nessesary to relieve the cognitive dissonance that lying to oneself with a belief causes.

Said by a women who believes she is not only male, but is actually a panther.  I wonder if Blackie the Ghost Chicken was helping her write that.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 06:54:42 PM »
Said by a women who believes she is not only male, but is actually a panther.  I wonder if Blackie the Ghost Chicken was helping her write that.

^5, you beat me to it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 07:10:18 PM »

Beliefs

I'm not sure it can be done. Because belief requires someone to suspend reality and chop it into chunks that favorably cast the beliefs as good or nessesary to relieve the cognitive dissonance that lying to oneself with a belief causes.

But when the believers are led into fanatacism,cults of personality and death the beliefs become self indoctrinating. Reinforced to the point the individuals personality is basically silenced,ripped out and replaced by the cult object. Because they have given away thier power they fight harder to stay blind because thier ego is held captive they give up self responsibility that all humans have. The cult object pretends to absolve them of thier "sins" like what the right is doing to shield that 17 year old murderer.. eventually the person that's brainwashed but in denial will push the envelope until something breaks,either thier mind or society as they act out thier pathology trying to resolve thier inner conflict the belief causes. What that acting out entails is the stuff of nightmares.

The more one stares into the light the more urgent,vicious and bigger thier shadow gets.

Sometimes it becomes important to realize beliefs can turn people into husks that authoritarians fill,and these husks of people
With no identity follow even into death,of us or them. Thier shadows rage and take the form of Donald trump like an insect controlling the minds of it's host the believers dare never ask why.

Just a thought.

Ya know Subway Kitty... I actually understand what you are saying and you are correct. *  :cheersmate:

* I'm on meds and Jack Daniels cause I had hernia surgery today... take that for what it is.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 10:34:33 PM »

Yeah like exalting blacks and wanting to destroy whites and all the civilization created by the, destroying, burninh, maiming and killing anyone who dares disagree with narrow communist victimhood orthodoxy and killing babies by the millions and old people by the thousands.

Yep one need look no further than the nearest lefty to find toxic deadly beliefs in full bloom.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 07:33:22 AM »
So the freak wants to throw those who disagree with it into concentration camps. It’s expressed this type of “death to conservatives” hate-filled nonsense before, so I would expect it to continue.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 07:34:22 AM »

Beliefs

Just a thought.

UGP is into the Pineapples again I see.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 09:20:27 AM »
Even among DU-folk, UGP is one of the least qualified and credible to be talking smack about other people's mental state.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 11:15:35 AM »
Just a thought.

You don't have the equipment for such a process.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 01:33:01 PM »

Have you ever given any thought as to how it keeps the tail in place?  :p
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2020, 08:49:09 AM »
Even among DU-folk, UGP is one of the least qualified and credible to be talking smack about other people's mental state.
Indeed.
A) She has spent time in a mental hospital.
B) She regularly posts some of the most rambling, incoherent crap of any DUmmy, and frequently expresses a desire to commit genocide against all who disagree with her.
C) She is on a whole cornucopia of medications.
D) She believes that she is a sleek, trim male panther trapped in the body of a grotesquely obese female human.
E) She believes that she can communicate telepathically with the ghost of her dead pet rooster Blackie, and that it apparently told her that the Bird Flu outbreak years ago was caused by angry chicken ghosts as a way to spread awareness over how chickens are mistreated in the meat- packing industry.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2020, 05:02:39 PM »

Haha Hi5