Current Events > The DUmpster

DUmmies Discuss Shutting Down Dissent - Again

(1/4) > >>

GOBUCKS:

--- Quote ---RamboLiberal  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-07-09 06:48 PM
Original message
White House warns Limbaugh Nazi Talk puts him on Thin Ice
The White House struck back hard on Friday against conservative pundits and town hall protesters who have compared the President to Hitler and his policies to Nazism, saying that the critics are "on thin ice" and should "take that temperature down a bit."

Asked about the breakout of boisterous and occasionally violent protests at Democratic town hall events throughout the country, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs declared that the demonstrators were showing less civility and manners than his six-year-old daughter.

"Behave yourselves like your mom would probably tell you to do," Gibbs said when asked what piece of advice he would give to the demonstrators.

But it wasn't all fun and games for the Obama spokesman. Pressed on the analogies between Obama and Hitler that conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh made during Thursday's program, Gibbs' voice turned stern.

"I know the president feels strongly that we can discuss these issues without personally maligning... that we are doing so in a way that respects the dignity of each individual," he said. "I think anytime you make references to what happened in Germany in the 30's and 40's, I think you are talking about an event that has no equivalent. And I think anytime anyone ventures to compare anything to that, they are on thin ice, and it is best not employed."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/07/white-house-wa...
--- End quote ---

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6248132
I would suggest that, at this point, more  people are believers in Rush than in the jug-eared Kenyan. Regardless of how the Kenyan's mouthpiece sputters and splutters, Rush will hopefully be with us long after the Kenyan has become nothing but a bad memory.

--- Quote ---Chemisse  (431 posts)        Fri Aug-07-09 07:00 PM
Response to Original message
6. They should be a little cautious
Obama is the president! They could wind up being classified as home-grown terrorists and face some pretty unpleasant consequences. 
--- End quote ---

Even some DUmmies are uncomfortable:

--- Quote ---arcadian (1000+ posts)      Fri Aug-07-09 07:05 PM
Response to Reply #6
9. Please tell me this sarcasm
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Chemisse  (431 posts)        Fri Aug-07-09 07:35 PM
Response to Reply #9
16. No it is not sarcasm at all (although perhaps poorly stated)
The Secret Service takes a dim view of people who cross the line into violent behavior and they are talking about the president.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---havocmom  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-07-09 07:42 PM
Response to Original message
17. I would like to see the DOD knock hate radio pundits off Armed Forces Radio 
It is not supposed to be political in it's programming. If the DOD won't obey the Hatch Act, the CIC needs to make a couple of short, terse phone calls, IMO
--- End quote ---

Chris:
After eight years of rabid Bush Derangement Syndrome where everything under the sun was George W. Bush's fault, listening to these cretins lecture anyone is like being ordered around by a five-year-old.

Carl:

--- Quote from: Chris on August 07, 2009, 07:03:11 PM ---After eight years of rabid Bush Derangement Syndrome where everything under the sun was George W. Bush's fault, listening to these cretins lecture anyone is like being ordered around by a five-year-old.

--- End quote ---

In a nutshell that is what they are.

Chris:

--- Quote from: Carl on August 07, 2009, 07:42:11 PM ---In a nutshell that is what they are.
--- End quote ---
Then the little bastards need a time out or a spanking.

If the Big Zero continues his stellar performance as Commander in Chief, I predict that is what will happen in 2012.  Carter inherited a recession that began under Ford, but managed to turn it into a near-depression with his half-assed handling of things.  History does repeat itself for those who think they're too good to learn from it.

TheSarge:

--- Quote from: Chris on August 07, 2009, 07:53:26 PM ---Then the little bastards need a time out or a spanking.

If the Big Zero continues his stellar performance as Commander in Chief, I predict that is what will happen in 2012.  Carter inherited a recession that began under Ford, but managed to turn it into a near-depression with his half-assed handling of things.  History does repeat itself for those who think they're too good to learn from it.

--- End quote ---

I don't get it.  They've got the House..the Senate...and the White House...but they are absolutely quivering in fear because of what amounts to a handful of people exercising their first amendment right to free speech in an effort to get some answers and ask questions about the Democrat party's attempt to force us into Socialized Medicine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version