Author Topic: Yes, This Is Going to Be Worse Than Watergate  (Read 2496 times)

Offline CC27

Yes, This Is Going to Be Worse Than Watergate
« on: March 20, 2018, 07:06:47 AM »
DonViejo (40,890 posts)

Yes, This Is Going to Be Worse Than Watergate

In 1973, there were still some independent-minded lawmakers in the Grand Old Party. Today, not so much.

MICHAEL TOMASKY
03.20.18 5:13 AM ET

Something changed last weekend, did it not?

The firing of Andrew McCabe. The statement by Trump lawyer John Dowd to The Daily Beast’s Betsy Woodruff that Robert Mueller should end his probe soon. Donald Trump’s tweetstorm just after that, his first tweets mentioning Mueller by name along with promises by aides that more attacks are on the way. The amped-up speculation that Trump will fire Jeff Sessions and replace him with someone who hasn’t recused himself so that someone can fire Mueller.

Somewhere in there also came an official reassurance by Trump lawyer Ty Cobb that the president has no plans to fire Mueller. Right. That’s about as reassuring as the NCAA promising that all that cheating is a thing of the past.

The temperature’s rising. The New York Times’ Maggie Haberman reports that this president feels he really knows how to do this job now, and from here on in we’re going to see Trump unchained. So the Trump we’ve been seeing has been chained? God help us.

Where are we headed? If Trump fires Sessions and brings in whomever, and that person does fire Mueller, we will be in the midst of a major constitutional crisis. The standard line is “the worst since Watergate.” But this one is looking like it could be far worse than Watergate. Why?

more
https://www.thedailybeast.com/yes-this-is-going-to-be-worse-than-watergate?ref=home

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210383998

When all else fails start throwing out "watergate". Pathetic.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: Yes, This Is Going to Be Worse Than Watergate
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 07:40:04 AM »
Has anyone ever explained why firing Mueller would cause a constitutional crisis?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 10:32:18 AM »
Because, Trump.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 02:16:45 PM »
Because, Trump.

That covers it.

You know, he won't even make it 6 months before he is Impeached or resigns in disgrace.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 04:35:08 PM »
...Or possibly no.

:whatever:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 05:29:53 PM »
Michael Tomasky is a kook.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 05:40:20 PM »
That covers it.

You know, he won't even make it 6 16 48 96 months before he is Impeached or resigns in disgrace.

Fixed...   :lol: :lol: :lol:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 07:19:57 PM »
Oh that is the leftist meme now. THink I saw it on USA today.

All I got to say is that President Trump has pretty much ****ed the liberals in the MSM  cause they keep underestimating him.

I think this time is no different.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 07:44:56 PM »
> this one is looking like it could be far worse than Watergate. Why?

Pinching off a dry one is worse than Watergate, not being able to pinch off a wet one is much worse...lust like what comes out of your mouth.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 05:01:10 AM »
I think it will be worse than Watergate, but not in the way liberals imagine.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 07:47:26 AM »
Exactly.  You can read the trepidation they have, in how strident their attacks have become.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 09:00:06 AM »
I like pie.  :drool:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”