Author Topic: DU: Shunned by Patriots...  (Read 1981 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
DU: Shunned by Patriots...
« on: March 13, 2018, 07:57:15 PM »
Star Member Eliot Rosewater (12,921 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210339799

When someone works to get people not to vote or vote 3rd party,

that person should be shunned by patriots.

Only if they are approved by DUmpmonkiez...

Bernardo de La Paz (22,024 posts)

65. NO. 3rd parties have patriotic place, just not in existential crises like this Trump EMERGENCY.

Third parties are important outlets for representing groups of people who do not feel represented by the duopoly.

A duopoly is almost as bad as a monopoly. When the two halves of a duopoly agree, it functions as a monopoly.

But NOW IS NOT the time.

We are in the middle of an EXISTENTIAL CRISIS which we can call the Trump Emergency. That it has already lasted 16 months does not deny the emergency nature of the crisis.

Now we must channel third party and non-voters into voting against the Trump Gang and their organized crime partners the Republicon Party and their henchman Putin.

:whatever:

Star Member Demsrule86 (20,940 posts)

99. Third parties have no place. We have a two party system...and a third party can only act as a
spoiler. You must vote for Democrats...voting against Trump is not enough...sure people who voted for the Russian Princess Jill Stein voted 'against' Trump...but not really...if her 'followers' had voted for Hillary,Trump would not be president.

The only reason we have two parties as that the two parties have convinced you that is the only way to be...

ProudLib72 (7,728 posts)

7. When someone is not a Dem

we should not be posting threads about that person all over the DU. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it. The BBs need to give it up or move on over to JPR or wherever the hell they eventually end up (Our Regurgitation?).

aikoaiko (27,433 posts)

10. That's some scary shit right there. especially the "by patriots" part.
Nevertheless, I'm sure many people will be along to support you.

Star Member Hortensis (21,183 posts)

35. Not really. We HAVE to get these right-wingers bent

on corrupting and restructuring our government of, by and for the people out of office.

A lot of people don't seem to realize that our democracy itself is under attack. Our nation's wealth quadrupled in the past 30 years. It didn't go in your pockets or mine, to the contrary--incomes for most Americans lowered as their control grew. Instead we saw an incredibly rapid creation of fabulously wealthy classes, who now control most of our nation.

Is it at all strange that many of them, particularly strong conservatives, are offended by the notion that "the people" should be able to tell them what to do and are doing their best to fix their problem?

COUNTDOWN TO TAKE CONTROL OF CONGRESS: 239 days

:whatever:

120. The Republicans are traitors who sold out the country...if you are Patriot in my opinion,

you vote for the only party who can stop them. Democrat or Republican...pick a side. One is the party of treason (GOP) and the other the party of the people.

AND... they call us the NAZIs...

melman (2,923 posts)

23. When someone does nothing but post hysterical hate threads

People should think about what their motives for that really are.

lark (9,117 posts)

60. Lots of those 3rd party ads were done by russia and went viral due to russian bots.

Jill Stein was certainly a Putin plant. Don't fall for it - please, for the sake of our way of life.

:rotf:

Star Member Eliot Rosewater (12,921 posts)

70. In Stein's case it was to take votes from Hillary and elect Trump.

She is not the only one who's actions resulted in this.

127. If they don't like the two party system than why are they here?

And I am not implying it ...I am saying it out loud...if one doesn't vote for the only party who can stop Republicans (Democratic Party), this person is hurting our country...AKA un-American. I want nothing to do with folk like that anymore than I would with any Trump supporter...not talking about you.

130. This is Democratic Underground we support Democrats.

Democrats have had much success with special elections...and third parties mean nothing but trouble for us...anyone comes here supporting a third party instead of a Democrat...they need to go-no exceptions. This is a website with TOS... so they have no such right here. And I have the right to despise all third parties especially Greens period. If a person is an independent which means they don't vote consistently vote Democratic...I don't give a damn where they go. May I suggest twitter? Third parties like the Greens help Republicans. They are in effect Trumpers.

140. There are registered Republicans here...this I know because one stalked me...no I don't know his
name or sign on...there no doubt Russian trolls too...I do not respect people who thought Trump was better than Clinton and I never will. I bet many who profess this are really trolls. Those who profess to be 'progressive' but can't bring themselves to vote Democratic can go straight to hell as far as I am concerned...you have a good heart but these folks don't deserve it.

:rotf:

Star Member R B Garr (8,816 posts)

141. Agreed. They are basically committing a type of fraud, the most glaring being the criminal cabal in the White House who have provided ample evidence of the fraud involved and are being prosecuted for it. It is fraud. It is also very obvious by now, so anyone still denying the Russia meddling are the ones with the questionable motives.

:loser:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

Re: DU: Shunned by Patriots...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 05:01:55 AM »
Lefties have hated the idea of a third- party candidate ever since the 2000 election, as many of them believe that Ralph Nader cost Gore that election by taking votes that would have otherwise gone to Gore.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 06:48:15 AM »
Lefties have hated the idea of a third- party candidate ever since the 2000 election, as many of them believe that Ralph Nader cost Gore that election by taking votes that would have otherwise gone to Gore.

They should be thankful for third parties, since without Perot, WJC would never have won.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 08:24:19 AM »
140. There are registered Republicans here...this I know because one stalked me...no I don't know his
name or sign on

You should probably take your meds.  You seem to be having a paranoia attack, because you are not that important or interesting even by DU standards.    :loser:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 08:25:54 AM »
They should be thankful for third parties, since without Perot, WJC would never have won.

You're wrong sir, in their minds third parties have only existed for the years 2000, 2004, 2016.  All other election years was the will of the people two party elections.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 08:59:19 AM »
name or sign on

:rotf:  :rotf: That is a truly stooooooopid lie. A stalking is a protracted process, quite memorable for the target. If it happened DU-moron Demsrule86 would know the stalker's forum name, VERY well. :rotf:  :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 12:13:22 PM »
Third parties?

Most of the clowns at the DUmp want ONE party.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 12:27:35 PM »

99. Third parties have no place. We have a two party system...and what we really need is a one party system like Cuba, Venezuela or North Korea. Then health care, education and other necessities of life would be free. We could have reeducation camps for rethuglicans and they could be like a slave class and work for nothing to make our life easier.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 06:04:54 PM »

That is the truth... tell them that, though, and they'll call you a liar.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 08:35:07 PM »
That is the truth... tell them that, though, and they'll call you a liar.

The Projectionist's Guild has been meaning to speak with them about back dues for this habit of theirs...

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 05:23:18 PM »
The Projectionist's Guild has been meaning to speak with them about back dues for this habit of theirs...

Well... they don't pay for anything else... so...