Author Topic: DUmmies get outgamed by wascally weepublicans in CA  (Read 1829 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
DUmmies get outgamed by wascally weepublicans in CA
« on: March 10, 2018, 09:26:04 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210337583

Fri Mar 9, 2018, 11:15 PM
RandySF (16,686 posts)

Late GOP entries shake up congressional races as California filing deadline looms

Last-minute entries by Republican candidates threaten to shake up several key California congressional races Friday, the deadline for filing to run in the June primary, raising the prospect that Democrats could get shut out in crucial House seats they likely need to win to take back Congress.

In the Central Valley, Republican and former Turlock Councilman Ted Howze filed to run on Friday against Rep. Jeff Denham, R-Turlock. And former Orange County Republican Party chair Scott Baugh filed to run against Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Costa Mesa.

Democrats, meanwhile, could have as many as nine candidates running in each of those seats. The bounty of choices sounds wonderful, but it might end up splitting the party’s voters, allowing two Republican candidates to move on to the November general election.

That’s already an issue for the party in the open Southern California congressional seats held by Republican Reps. Darrell Issa and Ed Royce, where party officials fret that the crowd of Democrats will spell doom for winning the districts.

“Republicans are gaming the top-two primary math to their advantage,” said Katie Merrill, a strategist with Fight Back California, a Democratic PAC aiming to flip Republican-held seats. “We’re looking at the potential of a shutout in at least four of the seven most vulnerable Republican seats.”

If that happened, she said, “it would make it almost impossible nationally for Democrats to take back the House.”

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2018/03/09/late-gop-entries-shake-up-congressional-races-as-california-filing-deadline-looms/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1520645342

So, it's only a problem when the shoe is on the other foot? 

Fri Mar 9, 2018, 11:29 PM
OhioBlue (4,802 posts)
2. Those dems need to get together and discuss long term, big picture strategy.

Yes, that's going to happen.  There is no honor among thieves.

Fri Mar 9, 2018, 11:48 PM
Star Member still_one (56,078 posts)
3. There is no doubt about it, the Democrats will self-destruct if they have 9 candidates running. In

California the top two vote getters will face each other in the general election. While theoretically that could mean two Democrats facing off each other, since there are so many more Democrats running than republicans, the odds increase that the Democrats could split the vote enough that no Democrat ends up in the general election because the top two vote getters could end up being republicans in those very republican districts.

They have until June 5 to get their act together, and my guess is no Democrat is going to drop out

My guess is that your guess is right.  The darn wascally weepublicans!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 9, 2018, 11:51 PM
Star Member GulfCoast66 (3,662 posts)
4. Too bad we do not have some group...

Consisting of dedicated, long service and smart people who could help sort out messes like this to help us control Congress like we used to.

We could them something like the Democratic National Committee or perhaps the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

Nah, that could never happen. Only republicans would look at the rules, work as a unit and then win.

So Establishment of them.

DUAC!  DUAC! 

And now the kicker:

Sat Mar 10, 2018, 01:36 AM
LBM20 (391 posts)
5. The problem is that is a shitty primary system, piling them all onto one ballot.

Primaries should be separate by party. What kind of shit is that, piling them all onto one ballot regardless of party? Dumb.

Sat Mar 10, 2018, 02:34 AM
Star Member msongs (46,168 posts)
6. you are correct. I think in CA the parties would then have to pay for the elections themselves

as they would no longer be state funded

None of the other primitives touched either of these comments with a ten foot pole, because they known damn well it was THEIR party that enacted this, and it's not being used to screw them over.  How's it feel, DUmpasses?   :rotf:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: DUmmies get outgamed by wascally weepublicans in CA
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 09:47:57 AM »
Sat Mar 10, 2018, 01:36 AM
LBM20 (391 posts)
5. The problem is that is a shitty primary system, piling them all onto one ballot.

Primaries should be separate by party. What kind of shit is that, piling them all onto one ballot regardless of party? Dumb

I'll bet you any amount you'd care to wager (money, not thrice sparked roach ends) that this much lamented primary system you rail against was actually a machination of the LEFT WING LUNATICS who've actually been in control of Commiefornia politics for more years than I've been alive, DUmbass.

Care to put your Cheetos fund where your mouth is, DUmb****?  :naughty: :fuelfire: :rotf:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 11:50:53 AM »
So, having jut two Rs and lots of Ds in primaries in majority R districts is "gaming" CA's lunatic Primary system, but doing the same in majority D districts (like happened when obnoxoid Fortney "Pete" Stark got replaced by another, less pungently obnoxious, D). Puh-lease!

California Ds should be having discussions about party discipline.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 12:02:57 PM »
Fri Mar 9, 2018, 11:29 PM
OhioBlue (4,802 posts)
2. Those dems need to get together and discuss long term, big picture strategy.

Yup, they need to bust out the bong :stoner: and settle down infront of the 65" TV and see the big picture!! :thatsright: :loser: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 01:05:37 PM »
I'll bet you any amount you'd care to wager (money, not thrice sparked roach ends) that this much lamented primary system you rail against was actually a machination of the LEFT WING LUNATICS who've actually been in control of Commiefornia politics for more years than I've been alive, DUmbass.

Care to put your Cheetos fund where your mouth is, DUmb****?  :naughty: :fuelfire: :rotf:

It was.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 01:57:54 PM »

Proposition 14 was proposed by RINO legislator Abel Maldonado, with support from Supreme RINO Ahhhhnold. It passed handily in the Legislature (probably mostly Ds plus enough RINOs to preclude a filibuster). The ballot proposition won with a ~53% majority.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »

Oh, yes it was... and they danced with glee. They thought it would be the end of statewide Republican seats.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 03:33:28 PM »
Let me try again:

Proposition 14 was a proposal to amend Sections 5 and 6 of Article II of the California State Constitution relating to elections. It is officially known as the Top Two Primaries Act.

It was authored by State Senator Abel Maldonado, who represented the 15th district as Senate Constitutional Amendment 4 of the 2009–2010 Regular Session (Resolution Chapter 2, Statutes of 2009). It was based on a proposal drafted by the Independent Voter Project in 2008. It was passed in the State Senate by a vote of 27 to 12 and in the State Assembly by a vote of 54 to 20. The proposition was publicly backed by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, as part of a deal in which Maldonado agreed to support his proposed 2009–2010 state budget, and was opposed by political parties.

As despicable as Abel Maldonado and Arnold Schwarzenegger are as RINOs, they are not "LEFT WING LUNATICS". Mo-o-o-o-o-oderate Republicans share responsibility with Democrats for this screwed up travesty known as the California primary.

FWIW, I voted against Prop 14 in 2010.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 06:21:17 PM »
Let me try again:

As despicable as Abel Maldonado and Arnold Schwarzenegger are as RINOs, they are not "LEFT WING LUNATICS". Mo-o-o-o-o-oderate Republicans share responsibility with Democrats for this screwed up travesty known as the California primary.

FWIW, I voted against Prop 14 in 2010.

You know I forgot that Maldonado brokered some deal to get this... screwed us over twice. John and Ken talked about it.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 08:09:46 AM »
You know I forgot that Maldonado brokered some deal to get this... screwed us over twice. John and Ken talked about it.

I had forgotten this, but in the middle of Ahhhhnold's "second", full, term, Lt. Gov. Garamendi was elected to Congress. Ahhhhnold appointed Mona Pasquil as acting Lt. Gov. for the 6 months it took to confirm Lt. Gov. nominee, Abel Maldonado. Rather pungent. After failed runs for Lt. Gov., Congress, and Governor (he dropped out early in the primary campaign), Maldonado seems to have dropped out of politics.