Author Topic: Where are the Conservatives?  (Read 27659 times)

Offline remington762700

• Probationary (Probie)
Where are the Conservatives?
« on: May 19, 2012, 10:26:20 PM »
Conservatism is politically dead. There are those who claim to be conservatives that have no real understanding what that means. Conservatism is a political ideology that has historically elected republicans who in turn support and advance the conservative ideology but not any more.

McCain wasn't a conservative and neither was George W or Herbert Walker Bush yet they were all republican. Why would they be the representatives for conservatism? What part of the conservative ideology saw advancements during their terms? Are conservatives in need of pulling their support completely for the republican nomination and supporting a third party? I'm still reeling from the attacks on the Constitution. McCain/Feingold, the ongoing 2nd Amendment issues, search and seizure, Eminent Domain, Double Jeopardy and the ever expanding influences of the 14th Amendment to name a few. Our Congressional leaders act in their own self interests, society has inadvertently created a political system where the majority of the power rests with one person, the President and in a time when so many have to make such an effort to work for a company they'll never own, working with people they may not like for an income that covers the bare necessities and little else I have to ask who the hell has the power here?! 

I'd like to see if I'm in the company genuine conservatives who can work together and realistically discuss these issues, point out why we should or shouldn't elect yet another candidate with an R beside his name only to whisper 4 years from now that conservatism is buried a little deeper in a hole of obscurity and add to the discussion the pitfalls and promise where ever they lie.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Re: Where are the Conservatives?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 10:45:48 PM »
Conservatism is politically dead. There are those who claim to be conservatives that have no real understanding what that means. Conservatism is a political ideology that has historically elected republicans who in turn support and advance the conservative ideology but not any more.

McCain wasn't a conservative and neither was George W or Herbert Walker Bush yet they were all republican. Why would they be the representatives for conservatism? What part of the conservative ideology saw advancements during their terms? Are conservatives in need of pulling their support completely for the republican nomination and supporting a third party? I'm still reeling from the attacks on the Constitution. McCain/Feingold, the ongoing 2nd Amendment issues, search and seizure, Eminent Domain, Double Jeopardy and the ever expanding influences of the 14th Amendment to name a few. Our Congressional leaders act in their own self interests, society has inadvertently created a political system where the majority of the power rests with one person, the President and in a time when so many have to make such an effort to work for a company they'll never own, working with people they may not like for an income that covers the bare necessities and little else I have to ask who the hell has the power here?! 

I'd like to see if I'm in the company genuine conservatives who can work together and realistically discuss these issues, point out why we should or shouldn't elect yet another candidate with an R beside his name only to whisper 4 years from now that conservatism is buried a little deeper in a hole of obscurity and add to the discussion the pitfalls and promise where ever they lie.

Was an introduction buried somewhere in there?

Hi. Tell us about yourself.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 10:48:49 PM »
Was an introduction buried somewhere in there?

Hi. Tell us about yourself.

Yes, in an introduction thread, please.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline remington762700

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 11:04:02 PM »
Hi

I'm homeless and I'm jobless. I currently reside in 2 separate States (Which may soon include a third) and I'm not sure where my next meals coming from. I eat lots of bread and it's become a real treat to buy a 2 liter Mt Dew.

How's that?

(Boring)   

Offline UncommonSense

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 11:12:45 PM »
Yes, in an introduction thread, please.

Just out of curiosity, what government program are you on that you have sooooo much time on your hands?

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 11:34:41 PM »
Remington,  I'm new here too. I found it was helpful to lurk for a few weeks & get a feel for this place rather than demanding the members present their bonafides.  There are probably a few places more "conservative" out there but, these folks have the best weapon in the world - humor. Welcome & Cheers,  Mike

Offline remington762700

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 11:48:49 PM »
Bad dog I always hate the damn intros. Maybe it's simply curiosity but my anonymity affords the security of being honest. Whether I'm a plumber, a cabbie, a General or Corporate Executive the reason all of us are here is to add our thoughts to the discussion and get opposing viewpoints and no one regardless of income or social status has the monopoly on good ideas. So maybe I'm getting off on the wrong foot here but I don't want people to know "who I am". Honestly I think it's irreverent which is why I introduced myself by "why I'm here.

I appreciate you taking time to post on my intro though and look forward to making some friends too.   

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 11:58:42 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what government program are you on that you have sooooo much time on your hands?
Sorry, I had to report you this time.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline UncommonSense

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 12:11:47 AM »

Awee...I'm sorry....Don't you know, we just "poke fun at each other"?

Eupher, Tx, Kyle Ricky, SGT Snuggle, and Big Dog have been going back and forth.  They've given it and taken it (frankly I think I've been on the short end of most of it, but hey, whatever)... And for that I give them their due respect.

Perhaps you have nothing intelligent to say which is why you're the first to kiss everyone's ass when they have something to say, and while I may not agree with them, I respect them for standing up for what they believe...You are the very definition of troll, now we can add "rat" to that list...

Congrats....
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:30:33 AM by UncommonSense »

Offline remington762700

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 12:13:12 AM »

Just getting a lay of the land here (being a boot noob and all) ....I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you and this other guy have a history of not seeing things eye to eye?

Your reporting him for asking "that" question? (no cuss words, descriptions about your mothers footwear or your IQ?)

If this is a site where people are so lightly armored I think its best I know now.

Offline UncommonSense

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 12:17:44 AM »
Remington,  I'm new here too. I found it was helpful to lurk for a few weeks & get a feel for this place rather than demanding the members present their bonafides.  There are probably a few places more "conservative" out there but, these folks have the best weapon in the world - humor. Welcome & Cheers,  Mike

Quote from: UncommonSense

Quote from: ObamaZombie

LOL...Apparently not....

Offline remington762700

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 12:32:16 AM »
UncommonSense; how long have you been here? Is this site so strict that comments like the one you asked can get you booted?

Honestly I've seen more violent spats on Leave it to Beaver" episodes.  I've been on another political site for about 4 years now and they'd kick off 70% of the people there but there are a number of us that police much of the behavior on our own. 

Offline UncommonSense

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 12:58:03 AM »
UncommonSense; how long have you been here? Is this site so strict that comments like the one you asked can get you booted?
Honestly I've seen more violent spats on Leave it to Beaver" episodes.  I've been on another political site for about 4 years now and they'd kick off 70% of the people there but there are a number of us that police much of the behavior on our own. 

This is all from a thread about gay "rights".  Check it out here.

Oz has posted crap like this linky,linky, and linky, just to point out a few.  Beyond that he's been a post whore who jumps at every attempt to throw fire on discussions between myself and others and now that he can't (as I tell my kids) "use his words" he's going to run off and tell (again, like my kids).

I've taken a ton of shit, and from time to time handed it back, frankly I thought my post above was really funny!!

Word to the wise...You fail to fall in line here you my find yourself ostracized like me.  You didn't really think this was a "Conservative" forum did you?...

Offline remington762700

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 02:08:22 AM »
This is all from a thread about gay "rights".  Check it out here.

Oz has posted crap like this linky,linky, and linky, just to point out a few.  Beyond that he's been a post whore who jumps at every attempt to throw fire on discussions between myself and others and now that he can't (as I tell my kids) "use his words" he's going to run off and tell (again, like my kids).

I've taken a ton of shit, and from time to time handed it back, frankly I thought my post above was really funny!!

Word to the wise...You fail to fall in line here you my find yourself ostracized like me.  You didn't really think this was a "Conservative" forum did you?...

If there is one lesson I have learned about being conservative it's about being ostracized. (Now to include members of ones own namesake party!!) Typically reckless liberals scream "tolerance" but seem less inclined to practice what they preach. A lesson we could all learn from. Any chance Obamazombie's really a liberal? A Rhino perhaps? (I've seen it before...A Rhino that is a "Reagan conservative" but dismisses nearly everything the man stood for.)

It seems a bit vain not to expect a similar response to the names he's called you on your posts and I have no intention of "falling in line". (That's what ruined colleges) The very reason I'm here is not to follow the crowd but to discuss the nature of conservative ideology with an open mind and free thought. We have been hijacked and just as Greenpeace, and Row v Wade whose fundamental ideas have been contorted to extremes and are hardly recognizable by their own founders I'd like to see (true) conservatism purge the party of those destined to undermine what it stands for. If a Rhino has a need to adjust his or her own ideology, let them do it by starting their own party. 

You certainly picked a hot button topic with; "Another tedious discussion on gay marriage started by a noob". I'll have to look that over before commenting yet if you believe  "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." than unfortunately someones going to have to come up with a better reason than "they just don't like it". Just as "Freedom of religion" protects it from government there is a "freedom from religion" the government must abide by in honoring someones choice not to engage in religious practices. Liberty

Oh....and I had no idea what your relationship was with Obamazombie but I thought it was funny too.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 02:24:48 AM »
Awee...I'm sorry....Don't you know, we just "poke fun at each other"?

Eupher, Tx, Kyle Ricky, SGT Snuggle, and Big Dog have been going back and forth.  They've given it and taken it (frankly I think I've been on the short end of most of it, but hey, whatever)... And for that I give them their due respect.

Perhaps you have nothing intelligent to say which is why you're the first to kiss everyone's ass when they have something to say, and while I may not agree with them, I respect them for standing up for what they believe...You are the very definition of troll, now we can add "rat" to that list...

Congrats....
This post is your definition of something intelligent to say ? You may rest on your laurels with this one. You have demonstrated you level of intellect. You have the nerve to accuse someone of being a troll ? You project in a massively ironic way. More or less a black hole of projection. I am just a zombie for owebuma, just like you.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 06:12:07 AM »
Can't you damn kids behave a little better. Obumazombie and UncommonSense - Take your fight to the appropriate venue.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 07:43:22 AM »

UncommonSense has only been here for a few days under that name...that's not saying he hasn't been here under other names.  He's the kind of "conservative or whatever" that tries to preach to the rest of the board on specific subjects, but seems to base his opinions on whatever the media pushes instead of actual knowledge.  Supposing you are actually a conservative, you probably have noticed the tendency of certain activists that force their opinions on everyone through court cases, or shove through legislation while denying citizens the right to vote on the same?  As not all conservatives are Christian, I won't ask about your actual knowledge unless you also decide to show off your ignorance.  Have fun here, we have some great comedy and an occasional good fight. 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 09:00:17 AM »
Hi

I'm homeless and I'm jobless. I currently reside in 2 separate States (Which may soon include a third) and I'm not sure where my next meals coming from. I eat lots of bread and it's become a real treat to buy a 2 liter Mt Dew.

How's that?

(Boring)  

:rotf:

Nice! I like that. I guess this means you travel between Mommy's basement and Daddy's basement?  :lmao: And they live in adjoining states? Like Pawtucket, RI and Fall River, MA?

I'm sure if you check Mommy's refrigerator you'll find some leftover cheese. And strawberry preserves. (They go together - it's a matched set.)

Welcome, btw.

Oh, and pay no attention to Uncommon Sense. For all the shit that's been heaped on him, he had it coming. When you come into a new site and you start pontificating and making demands on those who've been around longer than 20 minutes, you tend to get black and blue.

But you survive. Right, Uncommon Sense?  :stoner:  
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 09:03:17 AM »
Bad dog I always hate the damn intros. Maybe it's simply curiosity but my anonymity affords the security of being honest. Whether I'm a plumber, a cabbie, a General or Corporate Executive the reason all of us are here is to add our thoughts to the discussion and get opposing viewpoints and no one regardless of income or social status has the monopoly on good ideas. So maybe I'm getting off on the wrong foot here but I don't want people to know "who I am". Honestly I think it's irreverent which is why I introduced myself by "why I'm here.

I appreciate you taking time to post on my intro though and look forward to making some friends too.   

I'd say you're a 1 percenter and you own at least 13 suits of various colors. Don't beat up on the rest of us 99 percenters, okay? Please?  :rotf:

(Pardon me - I gotta go take a dump on a cop car. Don't go away, okay?)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 09:05:44 AM »
Just getting a lay of the land here (being a boot noob and all) ....I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you and this other guy have a history of not seeing things eye to eye?

Your reporting him for asking "that" question? (no cuss words, descriptions about your mothers footwear or your IQ?)

If this is a site where people are so lightly armored I think its best I know now.

As long as you hide out under a bridge in a cardboard box, that's all the armor you need. You're virtually in an impregnable fortress in that arrangement.

(I know because I tried it awhile. The bastards couldn't even find me!)  :rotf:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 09:07:15 AM »

You're not ostracized simply because you're a turd and you smell. Cats come up and try to bury you, but hey, they're cats. It's what they do.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 09:09:04 AM »
If there is one lesson I have learned about being conservative it's about being ostracized. (Now to include members of ones own namesake party!!) Typically reckless liberals scream "tolerance" but seem less inclined to practice what they preach. A lesson we could all learn from. Any chance Obamazombie's really a liberal? A Rhino perhaps? (I've seen it before...A Rhino that is a "Reagan conservative" but dismisses nearly everything the man stood for.)

It seems a bit vain not to expect a similar response to the names he's called you on your posts and I have no intention of "falling in line". (That's what ruined colleges) The very reason I'm here is not to follow the crowd but to discuss the nature of conservative ideology with an open mind and free thought. We have been hijacked and just as Greenpeace, and Row v Wade whose fundamental ideas have been contorted to extremes and are hardly recognizable by their own founders I'd like to see (true) conservatism purge the party of those destined to undermine what it stands for. If a Rhino has a need to adjust his or her own ideology, let them do it by starting their own party. 

You certainly picked a hot button topic with; "Another tedious discussion on gay marriage started by a noob". I'll have to look that over before commenting yet if you believe  "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." than unfortunately someones going to have to come up with a better reason than "they just don't like it". Just as "Freedom of religion" protects it from government there is a "freedom from religion" the government must abide by in honoring someones choice not to engage in religious practices. Liberty

Oh....and I had no idea what your relationship was with Obamazombie but I thought it was funny too.

Now THAT'S the stuff that great intro threads are made of. Welcome! You'll fit in fine here.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 09:17:24 AM »
Conservatives are ostracized?  Really?

Maybe you're just confusing "conservative" with "asshole."  Some liberals might think those are one and the same, but they're really not.

And might I inquire as to who you voted for in your primary when it rolled around?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline CG6468

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 10:18:21 AM »
Ahhhh, just what the intro thread is designed for.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »

I don't know who you are referring to by "Obamazombie". It certainly isn't me. I'm obumazombie, not capitalized, he has yet to earn my respect, and containing the word bum, a tribute to my Dad who would refer to this class of vote buying hard left marxist as a bum. I'm just a zombie for obuma, just like you.