Author Topic: Hello  (Read 20456 times)

Offline Hawk

• Just Off Probation
Hello
« on: June 21, 2011, 05:24:15 PM »
Not really conservative here, or liberal for that matter. I think I'll just poke around a bit before figuring out where to spend most of my time.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 05:28:33 PM »
Welcome!  :cheersmate:

If you don't know what you are, how will you recognize yourself if you ever run into you?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Hawk

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 05:35:09 PM »
Welcome!  :cheersmate:

If you don't know what you are, how will you recognize yourself if you ever run into you?

Thanks. But I didn't say I didn't know what I am, I said what I wasn't. A more apt description of what I am would be a political agnostic.

Politics as a whole, IMO, have degenerated into extremists on all sides screaming insults and hurling poo at each other.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 05:40:11 PM »
A warm welcome to you.

Offline Hawk

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 05:43:19 PM »
Thank you.

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 05:57:57 PM »
Thanks. But I didn't say I didn't know what I am, I said what I wasn't. A more apt description of what I am would be a political agnostic.

Politics as a whole, IMO, have degenerated into extremists on all sides screaming insults and hurling poo at each other.
What are you for? You hate religion and you hate politics, do you at least like cute kitten videos? Or is liking things a waste of time?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 06:01:48 PM »
Alloo... an welcome!
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline Hawk

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 06:03:05 PM »
What are you for? You hate religion and you hate politics, do you at least like cute kitten videos? Or is liking things a waste of time?

I like lots of things. Fishing, hunting, off roading, guns, country music, cheap whiskey, hell, the list is too long to go into.

ETA: You also introduced the word hate, thanks, but I can put plenty of words in my mouth without any help. Thinking something is a waste of time in no way equals hate.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:05:25 PM by Hawk »

Offline Hawk

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 06:05:41 PM »

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 06:10:01 PM »
I like lots of things. Fishing, hunting, off roading, guns, country music, cheap whiskey, hell, the list is too long to go into.

ETA: You also introduced the word hate, thanks, but I can put plenty of words in my mouth without any help. Thinking something is a waste of time in no way equals hate.
I was just curious. When people come in and they only focus on what they dislike, I am curious if they like anything at all.

I'm always more interested in what people like over what they hate.
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Hawk

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 06:17:19 PM »
I was just curious. When people come in and they only focus on what they dislike, I am curious if they like anything at all.

I'm always more interested in what people like over what they hate.

Again with the words dislike and hate. You're going to need more than three or four posts to find the correct box to file me in.
I said I was a political agnostic, from there you took the leap to hate. In all honesty I find politics hysterical. There isn't a day that goes by without politicians saying or doing things to send me off into laughter. The same with religion.

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 06:37:21 PM »
Again with the words dislike and hate. You're going to need more than three or four posts to find the correct box to file me in.
I said I was a political agnostic, from there you took the leap to hate. In all honesty I find politics hysterical. There isn't a day that goes by without politicians saying or doing things to send me off into laughter. The same with religion.
You just seemed to have walked in with a chip on your shoulder, which makes me curious. Yes, I am using words you didn't use but that seems to be working.

― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Hawk

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 06:47:52 PM »
You just seemed to have walked in with a chip on your shoulder, which makes me curious. Yes, I am using words you didn't use but that seems to be working.

There is no chip on my shoulder at all, you have been attempting to bait me from my very first post. In fact, you know nothing at all about me, and you probably never will. I may be a n00b here, but I am certainly not a forum n00b, and many have tried baiting me and many have failed. Good luck with your attempts, for the time being I will not be responding to you until further notice.

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 06:53:09 PM »
There is no chip on my shoulder at all, you have been attempting to bait me from my very first post. In fact, you know nothing at all about me, and you probably never will. I may be a n00b here, but I am certainly not a forum n00b, and many have tried baiting me and many have failed. Good luck with your attempts, for the time being I will not be responding to you until further notice.
You're right, I apologize.
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 06:53:21 PM »

Lighten up Francis. Every noob gets some version of the third degree.

Offline Hawk

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 06:58:05 PM »
You're right, I apologize.

Cheers.  :cheersmate:

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 07:00:12 PM »
Hawk.....I have a couple of specific questions for you, based on a review of your posts so far.

First, let me state for the record that we know that you are from www.principaldiscordia.com.  We had an influx of trolls from that site a week ago.........they are gone.  Unless you wish to be added to that list, your answers need to be detailed and specific.

A.  Since you state that you are a "political agnostic" what the hell are you doing on a political discussion forum?

B.  You state that you think religion is a "waste of time and energy", so why bother posting in our Religion Forum?

The staff suspects that your intentions here are somewhat less than honorable, and considering the mess that they had to clean up last week from your pals, I'm inclined to just end this now.  However, I'll allow you the courtesy of explaining (in detail) your intentions here.

Your response is anxiously awaited.

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline Hawk

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 07:07:19 PM »
Hawk.....I have a couple of specific questions for you, based on a review of your posts so far.

First, let me state for the record that we know that you are from www.principaldiscordia.com.  We had an influx of trolls from that site a week ago.........they are gone.  Unless you wish to be added to that list, your answers need to be detailed and specific.

A.  Since you state that you are a "political agnostic" what the hell are you doing on a political discussion forum?

B.  You state that you think religion is a "waste of time and energy", so why bother posting in our Religion Forum?

The staff suspects that your intentions here are somewhat less than honorable, and considering the mess that they had to clean up last week from your pals, I'm inclined to just end this now.  However, I'll allow you the courtesy of explaining (in detail) your intentions here.

Your response is anxiously awaited.

doc

Just because I am an political agnostic and a religious agnostic does in no way mean that I don't enjoy discussing them, quite the contrary.

Yes, I also post at PD.com, and I am an admin at http://www.erisbarandgrill.org/forum/index.php as well.

Let me ask you to answer honestly, have my posts so far indicated any attempt at trolling? If so I assure that has not been my purpose here. I do not control what others do as I do not let them control what I do.

I also post at mysticwicks.com.

If it were my intent to troll you I would have used a proxy and a throw-away email account and I have not done either. You have my IP logged now, feel free to follow up on this information.

If you do follow up at the Bar, you will find I am active in the political sub-forum there as well.

Ban me if you will, but as far as I know I have broken no rules here, nor do I intend to.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 08:01:09 PM »

Just because I am an political agnostic and a religious agnostic does in no way mean that I don't enjoy discussing them, quite the contrary.

Yes, I also post at PD.com, and I am an admin at http://www.erisbarandgrill.org/forum/index.php as well.

Let me ask you to answer honestly, have my posts so far indicated any attempt at trolling? If so I assure that has not been my purpose here. I do not control what others do as I do not let them control what I do.

I also post at mysticwicks.com.

If it were my intent to troll you I would have used a proxy and a throw-away email account and I have not done either. You have my IP logged now, feel free to follow up on this information.

If you do follow up at the Bar, you will find I am active in the political sub-forum there as well.

Ban me if you will, but as far as I know I have broken no rules here, nor do I intend to.

Let's keep it that way and we'll ALL be happier in the end.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hawk

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 11:03:10 PM »
Let's keep it that way and we'll ALL be happier in the end.

To simplify, IMO, image bombing is crude and heavy handed. Can we put this to rest now?

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 12:26:30 PM »
To simplify, IMO, image bombing is crude and heavy handed. Can we put this to rest now?

Interesting....since they are all gone, the only way that you would have known about the "image bombing" were if you discussed it with your cohorts elsewhere..........

We reject out of hand membership applications using proxy's, so the fact that you are using a legitimate IP and email address doesn't make your intentions clear.

In your comments above, you failed to answer TWO of my questions:

Why did you post in the Religion thread (the answer is of interest, due to the fact that some of your pals were drawn to that thread as well......(an obscure, dead thread in a low traffic forum)........if nothing else, the fact that you even found it signals intent.

The final (and most important) question is what are your intentions here?  I'm going to start from the assumption that you are a bored juvenile, and spell it out for you in detail......

Did you come here to learn about conservative politics?
Did you come here to discuss particular issues (if so what)?
Do you desire to form internet relationships with like-minded others?

The purpose of starting a welcome thread is to inform the membership of who you are, what your interests are, and what you hope to gain from participating in our discussions........thus far, we have little to go on.

It's up to you to provide that, and it is highly unlikely that we'll "put this to rest", until these simple issues are resolved.

doc
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:30:15 PM by TVDOC »

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 12:37:37 PM »
Call it guilt by association or to use an old adage, "birds of a feather flock together". Hopefully, we CAN have some civil discourse.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hawk

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 01:09:18 PM »
Interesting....since they are all gone, the only way that you would have known about the "image bombing" were if you discussed it with your cohorts elsewhere..........

We reject out of hand membership applications using proxy's, so the fact that you are using a legitimate IP and email address doesn't make your intentions clear.

In your comments above, you failed to answer TWO of my questions:

Why did you post in the Religion thread (the answer is of interest, due to the fact that some of your pals were drawn to that thread as well......(an obscure, dead thread in a low traffic forum)........if nothing else, the fact that you even found it signals intent.

The final (and most important) question is what are your intentions here?  I'm going to start from the assumption that you are a bored juvenile, and spell it out for you in detail......

Did you come here to learn about conservative politics?
Did you come here to discuss particular issues (if so what)?
Do you desire to form internet relationships with like-minded others?

The purpose of starting a welcome thread is to inform the membership of who you are, what your interests are, and what you hope to gain from participating in our discussions........thus far, we have little to go on.

It's up to you to provide that, and it is highly unlikely that we'll "put this to rest", until these simple issues are resolved.

doc

Of course I was aware they were going to image bomb you. I wasn't part of it.

I honestly thought I did answer your questions. I enjoy discussing politics and religion. Rather that discuss them with a group who is all single minded and parrots each other, I try to find opposing views for more interesting discussions. The same as I did for a while at Political Forums, and most of my time there was spent in the religious section. That place was just too big so I backed out.

I am 57 years old, all but housebound from disease, and use the internet as my social life. I expect that while I am here I will come under some bashing and name calling, I also expect to occasionally have a decent and reasonable discussion from time to time. The latter is what I look forward to.

As for my position on politics I feel that in the US the people have not been represented by any politicians for a very long time. IMO they are all self serving knee jerk reactionaries. I have been watching the House raise one bill after another that they were full aware was not going to make it through the Senate. It is nothing more than expensive pandering.

It was with deep disgust that I watched TPA get extended. I think that act violates the constitution from the opening word to the closing word. It pains me to watch Americans willingly surrender rights for an illusion of safety. Once we allow a 'right' to be given and taken away it is no longer a right, but a privilege.

When it comes to religion I am not a Christian, or follower of any other dogma. This certainly doesn't mean that I have no morals or ethics as I hold myself to what I consider to be a very high set of standards.  I also know the bible very well and am constantly confounded by so many who choose to hate in the name of a man who taught forgiveness and love.

This doesn't mean that I am not a spiritual person. When I see a sunrise come over a mountain range that is frost covered and glistening, this is my church. When I see a person who has nothing, but is willing to share it, this is my scripture.

Now, I am not a tree hugging hippie, in case you were thinking that. I just prefer nature.

I guess I still don't know if I have answered your questions. If I haven't, let me know and I will leave or you can ban me.

If you are still concerned that I am here to troll let me tell a story. I once signed up at mysticwicks as TheGrandInquisitor. Boy, I sure caught it for that username too. I worked through all the suspicion and, posing as a Christian, got a pagan board to start a forum for Abrahamic Paths. Then when I outed myself everybody got a good laugh out of it. I am still there using my real name.

So, now you know how I troll when I bother to troll. I have since retired.

If I wanted anything from this board other than discussion, it would be for some interaction between our boards. Although mine is very lightly moderated.

The decision is yours.

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 01:19:41 PM »
Of course I was aware they were going to image bomb you. I wasn't part of it.

I honestly thought I did answer your questions. I enjoy discussing politics and religion. Rather that discuss them with a group who is all single minded and parrots each other, I try to find opposing views for more interesting discussions. The same as I did for a while at Political Forums, and most of my time there was spent in the religious section. That place was just too big so I backed out.

I am 57 years old, all but housebound from disease, and use the internet as my social life. I expect that while I am here I will come under some bashing and name calling, I also expect to occasionally have a decent and reasonable discussion from time to time. The latter is what I look forward to.

As for my position on politics I feel that in the US the people have not been represented by any politicians for a very long time. IMO they are all self serving knee jerk reactionaries. I have been watching the House raise one bill after another that they were full aware was not going to make it through the Senate. It is nothing more than expensive pandering.

It was with deep disgust that I watched TPA get extended. I think that act violates the constitution from the opening word to the closing word. It pains me to watch Americans willingly surrender rights for an illusion of safety. Once we allow a 'right' to be given and taken away it is no longer a right, but a privilege.

When it comes to religion I am not a Christian, or follower of any other dogma. This certainly doesn't mean that I have no morals or ethics as I hold myself to what I consider to be a very high set of standards.  I also know the bible very well and am constantly confounded by so many who choose to hate in the name of a man who taught forgiveness and love.

This doesn't mean that I am not a spiritual person. When I see a sunrise come over a mountain range that is frost covered and glistening, this is my church. When I see a person who has nothing, but is willing to share it, this is my scripture.

Now, I am not a tree hugging hippie, in case you were thinking that. I just prefer nature.

I guess I still don't know if I have answered your questions. If I haven't, let me know and I will leave or you can ban me.

If you are still concerned that I am here to troll let me tell a story. I once signed up at mysticwicks as TheGrandInquisitor. Boy, I sure caught it for that username too. I worked through all the suspicion and, posing as a Christian, got a pagan board to start a forum for Abrahamic Paths. Then when I outed myself everybody got a good laugh out of it. I am still there using my real name.

So, now you know how I troll when I bother to troll. I have since retired.

If I wanted anything from this board other than discussion, it would be for some interaction between our boards. Although mine is very lightly moderated.

The decision is yours.

Asked and answered.....fair enough.......

dpc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline Hawk

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 01:30:26 PM »
Call it guilt by association or to use an old adage, "birds of a feather flock together". Hopefully, we CAN have some civil discourse.

This is my intention.