Author Topic: Tess, welcome!  (Read 24039 times)

Offline Flame

Tess, welcome!
« on: January 14, 2009, 09:08:28 AM »
You might know me better under another name, but we met at Disney in 2005, if that gives a you a hint...and we hung out at various other boards, too!

Welcome to the Cave!  I've missed you!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Tess, welcome!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 10:49:37 AM »
Don't you go trying to make her your BFF Flame, I have been to Disneyland with her too once.   :p
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 10:53:51 AM by BEG »

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 10:52:56 AM »
Welcome Tess! :)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 10:54:51 AM »
Welcome to CC, Tess!  :cheersmate:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Flame

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 10:59:04 AM »
Don't you go trying to make her your BFF Flame, I have been to Disneyland with her too once.   :p

well, I was at Disney WORLD!  :tongue:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 10:59:38 AM »
well, I was at Disney WORLD!  :tongue:

So....I don't care.   :p

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 04:43:07 PM »
OH MY!!!!

Okay how cool is this??   I feel like I have stepped into an old home with a new face and name.  Well, kinda.  lol

Hi, I'm Tess...(all these bloody smilies and you don't have a simple one that waves?)

I am married to my husband (because otherwise he wouldn't be my husband) G...

We own our own fulfillment and shipping business as well as two sign companies and one printing company.  We lived in The Kansas City, Mo area and we have four children.  Two of my four are autistic.  My 16 year old has severe autism and my 15 year old has High FUnctioning or Asperger's.  The two younger that I lovingly refer to as frik and frak are atypical developing although I do have to say I don't think there is anything typical about them.  They are 9 (almost 10) and 7.  We are a conservative family (doi).  I was particularly disheartened this past November and did feel utterly alone since I haven't been posting in any real community for almost two years now.  I'd love to reconnect with those that I have known and I would love to get to know more who have like-minded ideology as well!

Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 04:49:53 PM »
OH MY!!!!

Okay how cool is this??   I feel like I have stepped into an old home with a new face and name.  Well, kinda.  lol

Hi, I'm Tess...(all these bloody smilies and you don't have a simple one that waves?)

We own our own fulfillment and shipping business as well as two sign companies and one printing company.  We lived in The Kansas City, Mo area and we have four children.  Two of my four are autistic.  My 16 year old has severe autism and my 15 year old has High FUnctioning or Asperger's.  The two younger that I lovingly refer to as frik and frak are atypical developing although I do have to say I don't think there is anything typical about them.  They are 9 (almost 10) and 7.  We are a conservative family (doi).  I was particularly disheartened this past November and did feel utterly alone since I haven't been posting in any real community for almost two years now.  I'd love to reconnect with those that I have known and I would love to get to know more who have like-minded ideology as well!

Woo hoo, I'm so glad you decided to take up my invitation Tess!   :-)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 04:52:36 PM »
Welcome to CC  :greet:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 04:54:38 PM »
Tess.  Sounds familiar.
Where do we know this Tess from?

You don't know her BC, you don't know all the women in the world don't cha know.   :p

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 04:55:32 PM »
OH MY!!!!

Welcome and thanks for the synopsis.

May I be the first to offer you a High 5 (H5) :)

As far as the smilies go -- click Additional Options and click the "Don't be ghey" (oh, I think the actual label is "Don't use smileys")
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 04:55:56 PM »
You don't know her BC, you don't know all the women in the world don't cha know.   :p
Not for lack of trying....

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 04:59:51 PM »
I am loving the banter already....this is going to be a major time suck and make me ignore my kids and husband as well as keep me from cracking the whip on my slacker employees...I am an evil capitalist you know.  :tongue:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 05:03:57 PM »
I am loving the banter already....this is going to be a major time suck and make me ignore my kids and husband as well as keep me from cracking the whip on my slacker employees...I am an evil capitalist you know.  :tongue:

You need to change your avatar to a picture of yourself.   :p  Why don't you post that picture of you in the hat.

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 06:45:48 PM »
You need to change your avatar to a picture of yourself.   :p  Why don't you post that picture of you in the hat.

Yes...will go get that picture...I don't think the one I have now looks like me at all...

TIG!!  So good to see you!!!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 07:00:08 PM »
See guys, all my friends are hot!   :p

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 07:09:59 PM »
Yes...will go get that picture...I don't think the one I have now looks like me at all...

TIG!!  So good to see you!!!

What a minx! Welcome to the board.... we've had some good times, haven't we? Remember these guys?

BEG wanted to do the guy in the middle.  :uhsure: Something about liking the way he strummed his fiddle.  :-)
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Flame

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 09:13:51 PM »
Tess, I was looking at pics the other day and found the ones I took at Disney.  I've missed seeing you around!!  I think Im the only one who posts at the "old" board any more, but I won't give up!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 09:22:55 PM »
What a minx! Welcome to the board.... we've had some good times, haven't we? Remember these guys?

BEG wanted to do the guy in the middle.  :uhsure: Something about liking the way he strummed his fiddle.  :-)

Like you didn't.   :whatever:

[youtube=425,350]XBVF_FIVFI4[/youtube]

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 09:32:32 PM »
Hmmmm..... er.... oh my.  :naughty:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 09:37:51 PM »
I hope you're happy.  You've hijacked your friend's Welcome thread.

There's a lot to be said about a man that's good with his fingers.  Just sayin'. :uhsure:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 09:40:30 PM »
I hope you're happy.  You've hijacked your friend's Welcome thread.

There's a lot to be said about a man that's good with his fingers.  Just sayin'. :uhsure:

I should say so... OH! I just thought of a good job for you.   :evillaugh:

Don't hate me because I am sexy. Love, Al.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 09:44:39 PM »
I should say so... OH! I just thought of a good job for you.   :evillaugh:

Don't hate me because I am sexy. Love, Al.

oh my. 

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 09:45:51 PM »
oh my. 

See, things are looking up already.  :evillaugh:

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 09:48:48 PM »
Wait, your name is Al?  Am I being tricked here?  :-)