Author Topic: A very stark warning...  (Read 1831 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
A very stark warning...
« on: July 31, 2019, 12:38:14 PM »
When the monkiez at DU start a post that way I know it's going to be over the top stupidity...

Soph0571 (4,240 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212334366

A very stark warning

The scary thing is that none of this is hyperbole!

Linked to a picture:

oh, for ****'s face...  :thatsright:

GemDigger (1,873 posts)

1. Hi Soph, we cannot forget that the republicans were talking about taking to the streets

with their guns when President Obama was elected, if Hillary got elected, if we went after their guns, as well as a dozen different instances. They have not shut up about it (here we are several years later) and they are still itching for that civil war.

We may not be at the other site with them any longer but they are still on lock n load status.

Yeah, try to enslave us by taking away our rights under the constitution and I'd say you'd have a war on your hands...

Still In Wisconsin (4,090 posts)

2. You're right, and Trump knows he will probably face prosecution immediately after leaving office.

Because Trump cares only about Trump, I believe there is no way he will peacefully leave office if defeated by a Democrat. I'm guessing his thought process is something like this: "I'll stay in office for two terms, and if I can't finagle a way to get a third term, I'll have Ivanka elected, who will then protect me for the next eight years, and so on..."

:mental:

Star Member Bettie (6,852 posts)

5. Unfortunately, I suspect that

Republican leaders would support him not leaving office, to the point of declaring him President for Life and getting the SCOTUS to agree to that (5/4, mind you).

so... do you think they really believe it or are they preparing themselves for the loss in 2020?

Star Member lunatica (42,928 posts)

10. It's a general elections which means those Republicans will be voted out and the majority would be Democrats in both Houses.

That changes everything.

:rotf:

Star Member lunatica (42,928 posts)

7. Trump could always go to a non extraditing country

He could promise them some Trump Towers, hotels and golf clubs.

Wherever he goes he could just do business as usual.

::)

BTW- that professor? Sarat's primary research interest is the use of the death penalty, which he refers to as "state killing."

Austin Sarat @ljstprof
 Jul 30
My latest (pessimistic) op ed
Is America Heading For Another Civil War? https://wbur.fm/2Yxaklk  via @cogwbur

...It is now very hard to imagine that such grace will emanate from the loser in 2020. Indeed, the election of 1860, which helped ignite America’s first civil war, looks like it will be an all too pertinent precursor of what is to come. In that election, Abraham Lincoln’s willingness to let the south hold onto its slaves was not enough to prevent seven Southern states seceding before his inauguration in March of 1861....

...Like the election of 1860, the forthcoming election will be fought over the kind of existential questions which, in the mid-19th century, shattered the nation. As the 2020 campaign unfolds, candidates on both sides are offering dire predictions of what will result if the other side wins...

...Democrats rightly denounced the president’s racially tinged language. But they went further by saying that the president and his supporters are the ones destroying the country. As California Sen. Kamala Harris put it, "I don't think that we can survive having a president of the United States who uses whatever voice he has in a way that is about dividing and fueling hate in our country."...

...If the president wins (despite, again, losing the popular vote) will Democrats, having lived through four years of a Trump presidency, accept the legitimacy of his re-election? Will racial minorities feel ever more strongly that they are in danger of persecution?...

...Moderators in the next Democratic presidential debate should press candidates to say whether they are ready to accept the legitimacy of a president they call a racist threat to our way of life....

:-)

Without advance planning and clear assurances from the president and his potential Democratic opponents concerning the peaceful transfer of power, Americans face the frightening prospect that in 2020 and beyond we may find ourselves (perhaps in the streets, perhaps not) in a new civil war.

Yeah--- so he's saying both sides  could refuse to acknowledge the results of the election... NOT JUST D.Trump ('45)

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: A very stark warning...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 12:49:48 PM »
Excuse me DUmmies, WHO is it that can't accept results????
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 01:01:26 PM »
Are Progs back to this fantasy? Recycled from when it was insinuated concerning President Bush?

True :bouncy: time ... when this silliness was posted on a conservative-libertarian site on which I was posting back in 2000, I ridiculed it. Not because I loved anything Clinton, but because it was ludicrous. Just as it was when President was being similarly attacked. Just as it is now as Trump is being attacked with the claim, again.

At the present rate, we will likely see Trump voluntarily leaving the WH in 12/2024 or 01/2025, at the end of his second term.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 01:46:09 PM »
Excuse me DUmmies, WHO is it that can't accept results????

We just have to assure them that Trump will accept the results with the same grace and dignity as the Dems and Hildabeast did in 2016...oh, wait!
That didn't happen, did it?  :bird: :bird: :bird:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 01:52:37 PM »
We just have to assure them that Trump will accept the results with the same grace and dignity as the Dems and Hildabeast did in 2016...oh, wait!
That didn't happen, did it?  :bird: :bird: :bird:

STILL isn't happening...  :popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 09:08:53 PM »
A "Stark" warning? It's times like this I wish the Infinity Gauntlet was real. One snap of the fingers and watch the DUmmies get turned to dust.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 10:12:51 PM »
Soph0571 (4,240 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212334366

A very stark warning

The scary thing is that none of this is hyperbole!

Stark warning?  :english:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 11:40:36 PM »
Are Progs back to this fantasy? Recycled from when it was insinuated concerning President Bush?

True :bouncy: time ... when this silliness was posted on a conservative-libertarian site on which I was posting back in 2000, I ridiculed it. Not because I loved anything Clinton, but because it was ludicrous. Just as it was when President was being similarly attacked. Just as it is now as Trump is being attacked with the claim, again.

At the present rate, we will likely see Trump voluntarily leaving the WH in 12/2024 or 01/2025, at the end of his second term.

President Pence's administration will begin 1/20/2025, which will be the final day of President Trump and then the left can say they "drove him from office" at the end of his terms (/CNN)
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2019, 05:17:53 AM »
President Pence's administration will begin 1/20/2025, which will be the final day of President Trump and then the left can say they "drove him from office" at the end of his terms (/CNN)

Kinda beat me to it.  I'm thinking the same thing. On 1/20/25 Donald Trump will happily turn over the keys to Pres-elect Mike Pence. Then he'll turn and look at Melania and say. "More time for the two of us"  :naughty:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2019, 06:21:26 AM »
  Kinda beat me to it.  I'm thinking the same thing. On 1/20/25 Donald Trump will happily turn over the keys to Pres-elect Mike Pence. Then he'll turn and look at Melania and say. "More time for the two of us"  :naughty:

Only until Pence's 8 years are done, then Melania will be the first woman President and The Donald will be America's first, First Man. 

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2019, 08:12:41 AM »

And they'll still be wrong, because Trump's limo driver will have been the one who drove him from office. :rimshot:  :lmao:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2019, 10:10:57 AM »
I like it.
Ya know, maybe we should plant the idea with the DUmmies to run Pence in 2024 as their sure-fire candidate to "beat Trump!"
With their lust to "win it at any cost", I think they just might fall for it!  :fuelfire: :rofl:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2019, 02:15:12 PM »
may find ourselves, perhaps in the streets..

Aren't they already in the streets using masks to disguise themselves, otherwise known as ANTIFA democrats ?
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne