Author Topic: Earlier today I stopped by the office of a really nice colleague - a medical doc  (Read 335 times)

Offline CC27

malaise (239,556 posts)

Earlier today I stopped by the office of a really nice colleague - a medical doctor

She is a brilliant second generation doctor who specialized in geriatric medicine.
She was a regular in our walking group, but she's been missing for a few months. I went to wish her seasons greetings, because she has been over-worked since Covid and I also know she's been looking after a very sick family member.
We laughed about a few things and talked about this and that including the boosters which are available from next week.
She noticed a plaster on my left little finger and asked me abut it. I stuck the finger with a splinter while gardening on Sunday and washed it in peroxide. The finger started hurting yesterday so I repeated the peroxide wash and then spread some Neosporin. She then asked when last I took antibiotics (at least seven years ago) and suggested that I take a five day dose as she didn't like the swelling.

Before I left I asked her if I should come for the booster next week after taking the antibiotics.
She said absolutely not - do not take the booster shot or any other dose of a Covid 19 vaccine while taking an antibiotic. She suggested that I take the 3rd jab no earlier than a week after completing the antibiotics.

So DUers if you are taking antibiotics for anything, double check with your doctor about the timing of your vaccine.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216122984

Never happened

Offline DLR Pyro

Earlier today I stopped by the office of a really nice colleague - a medical doctor

colleague usually refers to co-worker or peer.  Is the DUmmy trying to claim she is a medical doctor as well?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline landofconfusion80

colleague usually refers to co-worker or peer.  Is the DUmmy trying to claim she is a medical doctor as well?
Running the vacuum at night doesn't count as calling others in the office colleagues?
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)