Author Topic: Farrakhan: Obama the Messiah  (Read 1142 times)

Offline CharlesD

• Just Off Probation
Farrakhan: Obama the Messiah
« on: October 10, 2008, 01:49:39 PM »
I guess this could be put in any number of sections here, but the nature of the quotes seems a  bit religious in nature, and downright disturbing when said about a human being. 

"You are the instruments that God is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about. That's a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking."
Louis Farrakan

"When that happens, it will change everything. ... You'll have to measure time
by `Before Obama' and `After Obama,'" Lee said during the panel. "It's an
exciting time to be alive now." ...

"Everything's going to be affected by this seismic change in the universe,"
Spike Lee

.. followers willing to wait for hours on end to hear him speak have been crowding out huge concert halls and sports arenas to get a glimpse of their new progressive avatar and drive long distances to obtain the Obama darshan or to simply be in his presence. One can just imagine what the peace and flower-power concerts in the 60's might have been like. Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama. Clearly, people are hungry for a change and want an inspirational leader who can serve up some hearty 'chicken soup for the soul'. ... Like the Mahatma [Gandhi], Obama is becoming a global symbol of the 'hopes and dreams' of millions around the world. Those who look up to the American ideals, consume American media, and dream American dreams are tuned into this historic election. While Gandhi marked the end of the colonial era, Obama with his multicultural background and upbringing represents the age of globalization. Obama is in an unprecedented historical position to not only be the first African American president, but the first 'global president' of America. Obama's images on T-shirts, magazine covers, and TV screens around the world may be a harbinger of the next American century, if the American people are willing and able to lead it. Dinesh Sharma is a marketing science consultant with a PhD in Psychology from Harvard

They serenaded the Hyde Park Democrat with chants of "O-ba-ma! O-ba-ma! O-ba-ma!" Obama drew such a passionate outpouring from the crowd that even he and his aides were overwhelmed. "At one point, I thought Barack was going to rise up over the people and start saying, 'My children, my children, I have come to free you,' joked his driver and bodyguard, Mike Signator. "It was just incredible."

"I cried all night. I'm going to be crying for the next four years," he said. "What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation's political history. ... The event itself is so extraordinary that another chapter could be added to the Bible to chronicle its significance." Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.

Many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. Mark Mortford, San Francisco Chronicle June 08

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth." Oprah Winfrey

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind." Gerald Campbell

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event." Chris Matthews

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves." Ezra Klein

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century." Gary Hart

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear." Halle Berry

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?" Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..." Steve Davis

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul" Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"A quantum leap in American consciousness" Deepak Chopra

"I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let's say, blessed and highly favored. That's not routine. There's something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God's plan." Bill Rush

Light, hope, courage and love shine through these nonvoting children who believe that their very best contribution to the Obama campaign is to sing. Sing for Change chronicles a recent Sunday afternoon, when 22 children, ages 5-12, gathered to sing original songs in the belief that their singing would lift up our communities for the coming election.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal." Barack Obama
"To those who cite the First Amendment as reason for excluding God from more and more of our institutions and everyday life, may I just say: The First Amendment of the Constitution was not written to protect the people of this country from religious values; it was written to protect religious values from government tyranny."
"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

http://www.demaristransportation.com

Offline thundley4

Re: Farrakhan: Obama the Messiah
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 05:24:27 PM »
"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal." Barack Obama

To me, this is the scariest quote of all.  He is believing his own hype.  He is no different than David Koresh, Jim Jones, or Marshall Applewhite.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 06:25:55 PM »
Calypso Louie was referring to him as The Messiah.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline formerlurker

Offline lizard

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 07:11:59 PM »
If all this was not BS, hype, and smoke and mirrors....Ol' Barky would have had one hell or a resume by now.  Certainly something more than Community Organizing and campaigning.  Oh and voting present. 

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 07:18:51 PM »
Calypso Louie was referring to him as The Messiah.
Yeah, when Rush calls him that, he's only kidding. However, Mr. 19 there, is totally serious.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 12:52:47 AM »
"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?" Daily Kos

This is probably the most accurate quote in the list. The "special hand" however belongs to the complete opposite of who they'd have you believe, and the "special" is not special in a good way.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 11:02:59 AM »
I have to wonder if this is the beginning of the end?? After all, many prophets and soothsayers suggest that 2012 will bring around the end of civilization as we know it. I wonder how the Dems will cover their asses when the end arrives ??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 11:06:53 AM »
Thous shalt not disparage the MessiahnFuhrer.  This thread will be tracked by the new cabinet Department for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice and you will all be arrested for Thoughts Against Our MessiahnFuhrer (and/or the Pelossilini) and all posters will be punished.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

Re: Exodus 20:3
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 11:07:48 AM »
I have to wonder if this is the beginning of the end?? After all, many prophets and soothsayers suggest that 2012 will bring around the end of civilization as we know it. I wonder how the Dems will cover their asses when the end arrives ??

Cover their asses?  They will dance and cackle with delight!  The end of the USA!!  Their final goal is met!!

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 02:29:23 PM »
Beware of false Prophets and Messiahs. They will have to cover there *sses. Our military men and women have fought long and hard for our USA to let her go down now. And many would be right there beside them. :fuelfire:

There will always be "Battles" to fight.