Author Topic: NBA finals (game five)  (Read 1806 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

NBA finals (game five)
« on: June 15, 2008, 08:08:00 PM »
Oops. I'm too late to chat it up even.

Gotta go watch, be back later sportsfans...

On edit:

Fist quarter, deja vu.   :p

On edit (again):

End of one. Lakers on pace to score 156 pts. (somehow I think that does not happen)  :-)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 08:38:18 PM by ReardenSteel »
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: NBA finals (game five)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 09:20:48 PM »
Boston only down 3 at the half. They'll put the finishing touches on in the 2nd half to close the series.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 09:25:21 PM »
Lakers can't pace themselves to save themselves.    Celtics could very well take it tonight. 

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 09:33:10 PM »
Boston has done a whole lot right over the series (minus the last two starts) but every game has been really good so far. I'd say a pretty good finals was had even if it ends at five.

Go Celtics.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 10:24:06 PM »
Nice 3Q by L.A.

It's a game. Though I hope fouls are not a big factor in the fourth.

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 11:14:59 PM »
Meh.

Nice game Lakers. You kept your lead in the fourth and got some good breaks in the end. Anyway, a win is a win. Back to Boston we go. Go get em Celtics.

- Ayn Rand

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 04:39:47 AM »
The Celtics had too many opportunities to win this last night and blew it.   The Catholic Red Sox fan in me (who is forever looking for the shoe to drop) has a very very bad feeling now......

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 09:56:50 AM »
Kobe fouled Pierce.   Period.

I hope Boston wins by 50 on Tuesday.   Bury those chumps.

Sorry Phil, no 10th ring for you buddy.   

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 12:39:49 PM »
Boston is 11 of 12 at home in the playoffs. They'll be fine.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 01:38:39 PM »
The Celtics had too many opportunities to win this last night and blew it.   The Catholic Red Sox fan in me (who is forever looking for the shoe to drop) has a very very bad feeling now......

No worse than the Laker collapse of Thursday night.

This might go to 7.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.