Author Topic: Cleveland LeBron's force game seven  (Read 2153 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Cleveland LeBron's force game seven
« on: May 16, 2008, 11:03:22 PM »
LeBron puts Cavs on back, forces Game 7 with 32 points  
CBSSports.com wire reports 
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/gamecenter/recap/NBA_20080516_BOS@CLE

CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Cavaliers packed for a weekend stay in Beantown -- not a few weeks on Cape Cod.

They've got at least one more game left, and in the NBA, it's as big as they ever get.

Game 7. On Sunday. In Boston.

LeBron James scored 32 points -- 19 in the second half -- and the Cavaliers forced a decisive and fitting finale to this home-sweet-home playoff series with a 74-69 victory Friday night over the Celtics, who have gone from regular-season road kings to postseason road kill.

O-H .... I-O !!!

:cheersmate:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
Re: Cleveland LeBron's force game seven
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 08:43:29 AM »
I've been hoping for a Lakers/Celtics NBA Finals but it seems the Celtics may not get there. Even if they beat the Cavs they still have to get by Detroit and I don't know if they can. I know the home court advantage is huge this year and the Celts have it, but they've really been getting their asses kicked on others teams home court. I wonder if they are really as good as their regular season record.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 11:50:22 AM »
A Celtics vs. Lakers series would be a nice throwback, but, I think it will be the Lakers vs. Pistons, personally.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 03:58:47 PM »
I like my Cavs but King James needs some help for this team to push to the top. Not even a lot of help. Just a little more will do.

I don't know what's up with Boston. Their road record was great before the playoffs. Meh. I'll root for anyone verses the Lakers be it Celtics or Pistons or even the Spurs (if they win monday).

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 06:37:59 AM »
Update:

Cleveland LeBron's lose game seven.  :(  (Hella good game though)

Sigh. Guess I'm a Celtics fan from here on out, lol. 

- Ayn Rand

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 10:00:32 AM »
Update:

paul pierce matched lebron blow for blow....

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »
Pierce also disproved the fallacy that the mid-range jumper is a lost art. He was pouring them in.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 01:40:18 PM by Odin's Hand »

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 11:16:41 AM »
Update:

paul pierce matched lebron blow for blow....

Yup, pretty much. Paul's 'D' was the difference in the series though. Pierce is in his prime too and King James still has a thing or two to learn. It was really a graet series to watch. I like the team that Boston got built. Hope Cleveland took some notes for the off season which I guess, for them, started today, lol. 

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 02:06:41 PM »
Who do yall like in tonight's game?

I'll take the Spurs, as the 'dog, even though it's in N.O.

I think Duncan lights up Chandler tonight.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 03:00:43 PM »
Who do yall like in tonight's game?

I'll take the Spurs, as the 'dog, even though it's in N.O.

I think Duncan lights up Chandler tonight.

Spurs....

and yeah, duncan shows him who da man is .....

this homecourt advantage thingie in basketball has only gotten worse since donnelly got busted fixing games...

he must have been the honest one  :lmao:

but the Spurs will show why they are the dynasty of the 21 century & will rock these hornets  tonight, on their home court...

spurs & celtics in the finals....

pistons are old & haven't been the same w/out larry brown &/or ben wallace....