Author Topic: Favre says of situation: 'This probably isn't going to work'  (Read 5670 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Re: Favre says of situation: 'This probably isn't going to work'
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2008, 11:38:40 AM »
say what you will, you corporate whore ( :-)), but packers management hasn't exactly acted manly during this affair.

they're the ones that filed false tampering charges against the vikings, tried to buy favre off with $20-odd million in hush money,
and pushed a demonstrably superior QB out of town in favor of an unproven QB with a history of injury problems because they got
their man-boobs in a knot.  if favre wanted to push it, he would have stayed in camp, outplayed aaron rogers, and dared TT and MM
to bench him.  they had already caved in on the open competition question, and their lack of balls would have compelled them to
start favre over rogers as well.  not to mention the fact that they apparently forced him to make a decision in march, when they
KNEW he would probably retire;  the whole stinking episode was probably preordained.

ultimately, favre left GB because he had more respect for the organization and it's fans than management did.

MM and TT were obligated to put the best team they could on the field.  they chose to not do that. 

hee hee.  I gotta remember that line.   :-)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2008, 05:48:23 PM »
Brett the Jet! That'll make a nice T-Shirt!
Make yer' predictions now. I say 7-9, 8-8 max, no playoffs for Fav-ruh and company. I just hope he makes it all the way through the season uninjured.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 09:02:25 AM »
Brett the Jet! That'll make a nice T-Shirt!
Make yer' predictions now. I say 7-9, 8-8 max, no playoffs for Fav-ruh and company. I just hope he makes it all the way through the season uninjured.

I'll go 9-7 w/ the Jets easy schedule & the few nice additions they've made (gholston, faneca, RB, Favre, special teams) ...

but they ain't gotta chance in the playoffs if they were lucky enough to get in...

ain't no way they're getting by the Pats 3 times, the Colts, Jags, Chargers or prolly even the Titans....

the more I think about favre as a Jet, the more I think he's gonna CRASH n BURN like never before....

think about it...physically, favre has always been a stud & still is...

favres problems have always been MENTAL & now he's playing in THE most high pressure place on earth, in a totally new system, totally new team, totally new city/cultureetc.etc. ...

he'll need at least till the end of this year to really get in tune w/ his offense/team, playbook & system...

this could be really uglee, specially if you consider defenses will put MAX pressure on him knowing that he's a fish out of water right now & that the Jets running game SUX....

watch brett favres eyes/face before games he's CHOKED in last season (cowboys/giants), he looked scared, stressed & lacking confidence...

thats the same look I saw on his face on the Jets sideline last night...

mentally, he's gonna crack & he's most likely gonna look like brett favre of 05' ...

too bad, I would've liked to see him go out as a packer & on top...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 09:08:22 AM by john c calhoun »