Author Topic: Ha! Obama Disses 9/11 Conspiracy Theories in Cairo Speech (Chaos ensues)  (Read 514 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
stopbush(1000+ posts)
Thu Jun-04-09 10:07 PM
Original message
Ha! Obama Disses 9/11 Conspiracy Theories in Cairo Speech

Edited on Thu Jun-04-09 10:08 PM by stopbush
As Rachel pointed out on her show tonight, Obama put the blame for the 9/11 attacks squarely on al Qaeda. Rachel said he attacked the mythology behind the attacks.

The money quotes:

"Violent extremists have exploited these tensions in a small but potent minority of Muslims. The attacks of September 11th, 2001 and the continued efforts of these extremists to engage in violence against civilians has led some in my country to view Islam as inevitably hostile not only to America and Western countries, but also to human rights. This has bred more fear and mistrust."

"I am aware that some question or justify the events of 9/11. But let us be clear: al Qaeda killed nearly 3,000 people on that day. The victims were innocent men, women and children from America and many other nations who had done nothing to harm anybody. And yet Al Qaeda chose to ruthlessly murder these people, claimed credit for the attack, and even now states their determination to kill on a massive scale. They have affiliates in many countries and are trying to expand their reach. These are not opinions to be debated; these are facts to be dealt with."

So, will the CTists on DU who spew their venom at those who debunk the JFK CTs now direct their anger at Obama for debunking the 9/11 CTs?

Only time will tell. I give it 17 minutes...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

How about two seconds, DUmmy.  Hilarious thread to see the DUmmies dancing around their various conspiracy theories and alternately bashing/praising "Teh Messiah".
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Happy Fun Ball

And off to the deepest, darkest, wackiest dungeon it goes...

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
And off to the deepest, darkest, wackiest dungeon it goes...

Damn, it was in General Discussion for three hours.  I prefer when they keep their wackiest subjects in the more populated forums. :evillaugh:

NEW DUNGEON LINK
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 12:07:49 AM by Ralph Wiggum »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Sam Adams

lovuian (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-04-09 11:28 PM
Response to Original message

43. Wow this is the first time

Obama really showed he is stupid

:rotf:

Offline RobJohnson

BeFree  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-04-09 10:14 PM
Response to Original message
4. 17 or less
 Obama had to say that to justify the invasion of Afghanistan. Otherwise there is no reason to be there.

Interesting that he said "not opinions to be debated". As if in his own mind he has had that debate, but since having looked at the ramifications of the possibility that it is debatable, that then makes the war in Afghanistan debatable. That can't happen, America must be held up as doing the right thing in at least one war.

scarletwoman  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-04-09 10:36 PM

26. Referring to the president as CIC started with Bush. I hated it then, and I still hate it.
 It's a disgusting distortion that needs to be set aside now that Bush is out of office.

It all started with Bush...oh wait...maybe Regan.....

stopbush  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 10:39 PM

29. Oh, I seem to remember people referring to Reagan that way as well.
 I agree with you that it should go away.
I'd also like to hear our armed forces referred to as something besides "troops." Soldiers, seamen, Marines etc would be better, IMO.

:loser:

Offline Vagabond

scarletwoman  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-04-09 10:36 PM

26. Referring to the president as CIC started with Bush. I hated it then, and I still hate it.
 It's a disgusting distortion that needs to be set aside now that Bush is out of office.

Proof # 1,234,567 that the DUmmies have never actually read the constitution.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline dutch508

• Remember
scarletwoman  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-04-09 10:21 PM
Response to Reply #7
14. Are you in the military? The POTUS is CIC of the armed forces, it's not a civilian title.
 The president is the chief executive of our democratic republic. He's certainly not MY "Commander in Chief", I'm a civilian.

Yeah, so shut the **** up and get into the cattlecar, bitch!

By the way, the CiC goes back to Geo Washington.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline jukin

Proof # 1,234,567 that the DUmmies have never actually read the constitution.

Come on now they are the bestest Constitutional scholars evah!!!!111!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Sam Adams

Come on now they are the bestest Constitutional scholars evah!!!!111!!

Yes, they have plenty of empathy.