Author Topic: Just had a very heated debate with a pro life friend  (Read 640 times)

Offline CC27

Just had a very heated debate with a pro life friend
« on: June 04, 2009, 04:34:49 PM »
cherish44  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-04-09 05:03 PM
Original message
Just had a very heated debate with a pro life friend
 Edited on Thu Jun-04-09 05:14 PM by cherish44
We have a mutual friend whose 20 year old daughter has schitzophrenia. The daugther moved into her own apartment and is on disability. Apparently this girl has a few boyfriends. Basically a bunch of guys come around to have sex with her because well, she's willing to have sex with anyone. My friend's daughter ended up getting pregnant. After a lot of careful consideration, my friend took her daughter to get an abortion, there was no way this girl could have taken care of a baby and it was becoming painfully clear this girl could not take care of herself and should be placed in residental care (something that was a very painful thing to face) My pro life friend said she can't believe anyone would "murder their own grandchild". I pointed out that the girl was taken advantage of at least, raped at worst (she says she consented but it could be argued she doesn't have the mental capacity to do so)...

Pro life friend: "Well there are thousands of people who would love to adopt that baby"

Me: "A baby whose mother has SCHITZOPHERNIA? People who adopt want perfect babies, this baby clearly would have a genetic liability".

Pro life friend: "Then Grandma should take the baby, it's her fault her daughter got pregnant because she obviouly shouldn't have been living on her own." (Granted a BIG reason why this girl was on her own was because her stepfather basically said he couldn't deal with her anymore but again this girl was an adult and said she wanted to move out).

Anyway my pro life friend bascially told me that she is breaking off her friendship with the girl's mother and me too if I condone murder...(my response: Get over your self-righteous self. I don't see you adopting unwanted babies or doing a damn thing other than bitch about how of your precious money goes towards caring for these kids once they are born)

Bottom line, abortion is hardly ever an easy, uncomplicated situation.

Bounce, or no bounce?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5785505

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Just had a very heated debate with a pro life friend
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 04:52:48 PM »
Me: "A baby whose mother has SCHITZOPHERNIA? People who adopt want perfect babies, this baby clearly would have a genetic liability".

That statement of sheer evil and stupidity pissed me off more then I have been in a long time.

****head....3/4 of the DUmp claims to have some sort of mental or emotional issue so why not do the world a favor and off all yourselves as you clearly aren`t fit to live in society among normal folks.

Rot in hell you miserable mother****er.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 05:10:23 PM »
What causes schizophrenia?
There is no known single cause responsible for schizophrenia. It is believed that a chemical imbalance in the brain is an inherited factor which is necessary for schizophrenia to develop. However, it is likely that many factors - genetic, behavioral, and environmental - play a role in the development of this condition.

Schizophrenia is considered to be multifactorially inherited. Multifactorial inheritance means that "many factors" are involved. The factors are usually both genetic and environmental, where a combination of genes from both parents, in addition to unknown environmental factors, produce the trait or condition.
http://www.childrens.com/HealthLibrary/HealthLibContent.cfm?pageid=P02581

This baby would likely be completely normal...especially if raised by someone besides a DUmpMonkey.  But that's just like the "choicers," kill the baby for the mother's lack, the father's sin, the grandparent's reputation...:censored: whatever.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 05:27:14 PM »
Wanna make abortions for convenience illegal?  Spread the rumor a test has been found which can detect with 98% certainty whether or not the growing mass of pre-human tissue will be a homosexual after birth.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 05:35:03 PM »
I know people whose mothers were schitzophrenic, who are not only 'normal', but are writers and painters of note.

I also know very intelligent mothers (and fathers) who have autistic children.  (This is true. I'm not making it up.)

It's a roll of the dice.
This girl must be protected...somehow.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 06:22:44 PM »
What causes schizophrenia?[/quote]

OOh, OOh, OOh I know (Waving hand wildly in the air),

Liberalism.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 06:39:10 PM »

That's the most rediculous thing a DUmb, DUmbass, has ever said! If that was the case why did Sarah Palin, the evil in the world, according to DUmmies, go ahaead and have a child that clearly was not perfect?

Sometimes, I just want to beat the livin' shit out of these asshats! Wouldn't solve a great deal, but I'd sure feel better!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 07:35:48 PM »
I know people whose mothers were schitzophrenic, who are not only 'normal', but are writers and painters of note.

I also know very intelligent mothers (and fathers) who have autistic children.  (This is true. I'm not making it up.)

It's a roll of the dice.
This girl must be protected...somehow.

why would anyone doubt that? My family has 2 autistic children in it as well as engineers, accountants, pharmacists, and oddly very talented artists. One thing we have going for us seems to be this very analytical way of thinking. It's the same thinking that people generally see as 'intelligent' but also seems to share strong links for having families with some type of autistic tendencies in them. I'm of the mind that the genetic predisposition has to do with the way the brain is ordered: sometimes that wiring goes a bit too extreme in the direction of the family's strengths and you end up with a child with autism rather then a genius mechanical engineer. Thing is if not for the processing issues, the autistic children are probably just as bright at their parents.

But given what Mrs. Smith has said there is a world of difference between autism and schizophrenia. Autism has no (proven) environmental ties. No amount of how you raise a child will make them autisic. Schizophrenia, on the other hand, seems to have a variety of factors that contribute to it, including genetics.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 10:10:37 PM »
But given what Mrs. Smith has said there is a world of difference between autism and schizophrenia. Autism has no (proven) environmental ties. No amount of how you raise a child will make them autisic. Schizophrenia, on the other hand, seems to have a variety of factors that contribute to it, including genetics.

In the mind of a liberal DUmbass, they believe if they are not born with the same intelligence of the parent, they don't have a damn chance of surpassing the idiot that raised them! Best thing to do is stick a needle in 'em, and make sure they don't "infect" their family!!!!!!!

You cannot overcome your ancestry. You're stuck with what ya got, period! You cannot overcome what has been laid upon you from your ancestors! That's the reason Thomas Edison was such a klutz!!!!!!!!!!!

(the scotch is startin' to catch up, LOL)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 10:14:56 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 06:01:35 AM »
genetic liability,genetic liability...genetic liability Ya know I seem to recall a group of people back in the 30s and 40s who saw no problem with killing a person for a perceived genetic liability :uhsure: :bird: dummies!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!