Author Topic: Is this kind of language good for the abortion rights side?  (Read 482 times)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
This is locked but I would love to know which one of us got the stone? :lmao:
grizgetmystoagie (101 posts)      Thu Jun-04-09 10:44 AM
Original message
Is this kind of language good for the abortion rights side?
 When someone refers to a baby as a "crotch dropping", does that do anything to make the other side take your point seriously? This is the language of a very bitter person.

Or how about when someone uses the words blastocyst (and/or zygote)? What's worse? That the person is just trying to get under someone's skin? That the person finds it necessary to diminish the issue in order to support a particular view? OR...that the person doesn't have any clue as to what those words mean? The zygote exists after fertilization until it reaches the uterus 3-4 days later. The blastocyst exists until it implants in the mother's uterine lining. Why, if someone claims to be so concerned about women's health, would they not know this?

Is THAT what what we're talking about when we're talking about taking the life? Certainly not. Especially when you consider the pictures from abortion procedures: blastocysts and zygotes don't have limbs and beating hearts; they don't have a head to decapitate when you want to abort them.

As for the use of the term "pro-abortion" -- I have seen a lot of dodging and denying surrounding this debate and I think it is commendable that some people have the honesty to say what they really think:

- "So yeah, I'm pro-abortion."

- "I'm not only pro-abortion, I'm sick and tired of hearing how "everyone" wants to reduce the number of abortions. I don't think that should be the goal."

- "I'm pro-abortion too. And I don't care if women use them for birth control, either."

Fascinating and honest look into the abortion rights movement.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5782739
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Karin

Re: Is this kind of language good for the abortion rights side?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 12:42:35 PM »
This Grizgetmystoagie is trying very hard to have a reasonable discussion.  He's being hit with stupidity and equivocation on all sides. 

You know, this is twice today I read the jazz over there that "every pregnancy is a health and life risk for every woman.  600,000 women die every year from childbirth.  Countless are harmed for the rest of their lives from complications in birth."   

OK, DUnderheads, please don't reproduce.  Any you do produce, please give up for adoption. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 12:51:31 PM »
This Grizgetmystoagie is trying very hard to have a reasonable discussion.  He's being hit with stupidity and equivocation on all sides. 

You know, this is twice today I read the jazz over there that "every pregnancy is a health and life risk for every woman.  600,000 women die every year from childbirth.  Countless are harmed for the rest of their lives from complications in birth."   

OK, DUnderheads, please don't reproduce.  Any you do produce, please give up for adoption. 

The rate is a little over a dozen/100,000 live births in the US. Some say that it is because of maternal obesity and more C-sections being performed.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 02:19:44 PM »
they are weirdos

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 02:28:35 PM »
When someone refers to a baby as a "crotch dropping", does that do anything to make the other side take your point seriously? This is the language of a very bitter person.

So is the anti-baby crowd's reference to people who have kids as "breeders"
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 02:33:51 PM »

Life is risky for everyone.  Undue fear of risk and the inability to deal with conditions of uncertainty is a short path to a bias for security over everything else and personal freedom in particular. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 04:28:21 PM »

Cause of Death........Total Number of Deaths
Major Cardiovasular Diseases ...........936,923 
Malignant Neoplasms ......................553,091 
Chronic Lower Resperitory Dis. .........122,009 
Diabetes Mellitus .............................69,301
Influenza and Pneumonia ..................65,313 
Alzheimers  ....................................49,558
Motor Vehicle Accidents  ..................43,354 
Renal Failure ..................................36,471
Septicemia ....................................31,224
Firearms ........................................28,663
{not on the chart}

Childbirth............................................540
http://www.the-eggman.com/writings/death_stats.html

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr55/nvsr55_19.pdf

In 2004, a total of 540 women were reported to have died of maternal causes.

::) ::) ::) ::)

The 600,000 is even overstated for GLOBAL maternal deaths...causes for which include anything from violence to women to ABORTION.   ::)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 04:30:15 PM by MrsSmith »

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 08:56:54 PM »
What's amazing is that not a single DUmmie will call him/her/it on the numbers! For cryin' out loud, doncha have to back up your numbers?

Oh! That's right! Y'all are horses asses, and you believe anything your brethren spit out is gospel. No wonder not a single sole pays any attention to your garbage!

If you morons would even read what you write and apply just a smidgen of logic, you would pull your collective heads outa yo ass, and make some sense!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!