Author Topic: How to render a Republic speechless...  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Airwolf

Re: How to render a Republic speechless...
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 09:55:19 AM »
I agree with you all. All they have to do is talk and that's enough to render any one smarter then a 5TH grader speechless.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline EastFacingNorth

• Math Geek
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 11:41:10 AM »
DUmmies, I'm 24 years old.  By the time I reach retirement age, there's zero possibility that the money I put into Social Security will still be there.  It isn't an investment or a savings program, it's a pyramid scheme - and by the time I'm at the top of the pyramid, the base won't be large enough to support the tip. 

So what you're asking me is if I'd rather have had between forty and sixty years for my hypothetical investments to rebound, or the current situation where I won't be getting dick.  The answer should be obvious.
Taxation if and only if Representation.

The Founding Fathers only got it half right.

Offline jukin

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 11:46:35 AM »
First off don't worry about retirement.  With the draconian rationing of healthcare your golden years are going to be far fewer. When you quit paying taxes you are not needed by the government, you will not get any of those juicy entitlements that have been sucked out at 15.3% for your working life.  When I see a senior with an obama sticker, all I can think of this person just voted to end their life earlier...much earlier.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2009, 11:54:27 AM »
If I had that 15% invested in a 401K since I started working in 1978 I would be able to retire today without any financial worries.
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2009, 04:43:05 PM »
DUmmies, I'm 24 years old.  By the time I reach retirement age, there's zero possibility that the money I put into Social Security will still be there.  It isn't an investment or a savings program, it's a pyramid scheme - and by the time I'm at the top of the pyramid, the base won't be large enough to support the tip. 

So what you're asking me is if I'd rather have had between forty and sixty years for my hypothetical investments to rebound, or the current situation where I won't be getting dick.  The answer should be obvious.
Yeah, but they'd have to put down their bongs, sober up and actually THINK...never gonna happen.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.