Author Topic: femme primitives want as much rerspect as gay primitives  (Read 344 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
femme primitives want as much rerspect as gay primitives
« on: June 04, 2009, 12:57:38 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5783950

Oh my.

omega minimo  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 01:23 PM
Original message

Poll question: DU you support Women's Rights having the same level of respect and protection on DU as LGBT Rights? 

The two are intertwined, connected in the past and ready to be reunited -- especially in light of recent events.

LGBT on DU has an official and eloquent endorsement of support; support that is expected to extend from all DUers.

That level of support would be welcome and appropriate for other gender issues as well -- especially in light of recent events.

Today there is a post up that was clearly offensive, disgusting and phony, directed against women and the abortion issue.

It was up for 2 hours and 222 posts before the perpetrator was Tombstoned.

It is doubtful that this would have occurred -- particularly with the vile terms the OP presented -- if it had been about LGBT issues.

Is it time for Women's Rights topics and the Abortion issue to be afforded the same level of respect, endorsement, support and protection on DU as LGBT Rights?

Poll result (22 votes) 

Yes  (20 votes, 91%)
No  (2 votes, 9%)

First up, the skumbag primitive:

Ian David  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 01:25 PM
Response to Original message

1. Sometimes the mods let an offensive post stand when the community is galvanized against it. 

To let people "get in their licks" before it is locked or removed.

omega minimo  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 01:27 PM
Response to Reply #1

3. It is doubtful that this would have occurred -- particularly with the vile terms the OP presented -- if it had been about LGBT issues.

Ian David  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 01:28 PM
Response to Reply #3

4. It's happened in the LGBT forum many, MANY times. Poke your head in there and ask.   

I am sorry that you feel the need to make a case for your rights by scapegoating others for supposedly getting more respect than you do.

omega minimo  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 01:30 PM
Response to Reply #4

5. LGBT on DU has an official and eloquent endorsement of support; support that is expected to extend from all DUers.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-04-09 01:26 PM

2. When it comes to rights, everyone has full rights.

People's rights should never be assaulted, here or anywhere else.

endarkenment (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 01:31 PM

7. I support universal human rights.

Trying to put a stopwatch on tombstoning to determine an admin bias here is a bit ludicrous.

omega minimo  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 01:33 PM
Response to Reply #7

8. Perhaps you're not aware LGBT on DU has an official and eloquent endorsement of support; support that is expected to extend from all DUers.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-04-09 01:42 PM
Response to Reply #8

12. And so should the rights of every human being.

We should never be in the business of attacking anyone's rights.

SidDithers  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 01:37 PM

10. Mods are volunteers, and are not here 24 hours a day...trying to equate the level of respect for a topic, with the time it took for a mod to shitcan a disruptor is unfair to the very excellent mods that we do have.

Yeah, franksolich always liked the excellent moderator the magisterial one.

Coyote_Bandit  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 01:40 PM

11. I also support giving the same level of respect to older folks, religious folks, rural folks and red state Dems among others.....

I've seen all of those kinds of ugly bigotry here from tim to time.

I try to never miss the opportunity to add the bigots to my ignore list. No need for me to further entertain their commentary.....

Hmmm.  One suspects Oscar Wilde, the large-proboscised primitive, the "Cyrano" primitive, is on the primitive's "ignore" list, given how Oscar Wilde unleashes invectives against innocuous rural folks.

musette_sf  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jun-04-09 01:43 PM

13. i was about to post a similar poll last night but was just too tired to be cogent.

thank you OM, i've been asking myself this question since Sunday. amazing how the Warren "prayer" at the inaugural generated so much more outrage here (supported by many DUers) than Dr. Tiller's murder.

too obvious that the belief of woman as second class citizen STILL permeates society, even DU.

redqueen  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jun-04-09 01:43 PM

14. I agree that they should have the same level of respect.

However I don't expect uniform moderation, that seems nearly impossible.

If it went on for days, then it might be an issue. As it is though...

Well, who's gonna win this one, this battle for the "most" "respect"?

My money's on the gayieties.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: femme primitives want as much rerspect as gay primitives
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 02:08:48 PM »
Oh well, I guess it's no longer trendy to be a female victim of a male dominated society. At DU, evidently, it's only "in" to be GLBT or Latina/o. Perhaps if the women who are feeling less victimized could just declare themselves bisexual, lesbians, or abortion providers, their injured party status would improve. The problem with having one's identity being tied to victimhood, one is utterly dependent on others' recognition of your martyrdom. There will always be greater and lesser martyrs than yourself depending on which way the identity political wind is blowing.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 02:10:09 PM »
If Obama gets his way you'll all be in burkhas soon

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 02:10:22 PM »
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!