Author Topic: 1973 MG B  (Read 157744 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: 1973 MG B
« Reply #175 on: August 02, 2012, 07:06:08 PM »
Yeah, those banjo wheels are my favorite, too.  I'm also partial to the metal dash, but you buy what you can find with an old car. 

As far as the radio, mine still has the original British Leyland AM/FM model.   :naughty:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2012, 07:30:48 PM »
As far as the radio, mine still has the original British Leyland AM/FM model.   :naughty:
Pretty.

I think I want one with an iPod/MP3 input if I'm going to drive this thing down to Texas soon.  I only listen to three radio stations anyway.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #177 on: August 02, 2012, 07:32:44 PM »
Pretty.

I think I want one with an iPod/MP3 input if I'm going to drive this thing down to Texas soon.  I only listen to three radio stations anyway.
XM is good for long trips too.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #178 on: August 02, 2012, 07:46:21 PM »

Photo: Peter Sherman

Sweet.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #179 on: August 02, 2012, 07:50:45 PM »
Yeah, those banjo wheels are my favorite, too.  I'm also partial to the metal dash, but you buy what you can find with an old car. 

Does it still work???
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2012, 07:51:53 PM »
Hey Chris.  My BF says you better bring your wentworth wrenches when you come to TX, cuz he doesn't know anyone that has any here anymore. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

« Reply #181 on: August 02, 2012, 07:52:21 PM »
I'm using metric. :shrug:

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #182 on: August 02, 2012, 07:58:54 PM »
Iassa,

It turns on, but I have never hooked any speakers up to it to see if it's putting anything out.  I'm too busy listening to the supercharger whine.  :-)

Chris,

You have very few bolts on your car that are Whitworth- nothing I have found yet that I couldn't get to with an adjustable wrench.  Everything else is SAE, though not metric. 

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2012, 08:41:43 PM »
My bad.  Forgot to tell the BF the year.  I am just reading him this thread.   :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2012, 08:46:24 PM »
My bad.  Forgot to tell the BF the year.  I am just reading him this thread.   :-)
:ashamed:

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2012, 08:48:41 PM »
:ashamed:

Good reading none the less....  I read him this thread over dinner.  He said he can't wait to see your car when you come to Texas.  We's got metric wrenches.  :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2012, 09:31:27 PM »
I'll be sure to wash and wax it before I leave.

I washed it last month... needs another bath, but it really does need to be repainted.  The hood is peeling and some parts look like they've been burned.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:34:06 PM by chris_ »

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2012, 09:34:27 PM »

I washed it last month... needs another bath, but it really does need to be repainted.

I'd just wait till ya get to Wylie to wash it. 

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2012, 09:36:20 PM »

I washed it last month... needs another bath, but it really does need to be repainted.  The hood is peeling and some parts look like they've been burned.

satin black the hood.  :-)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #189 on: August 03, 2012, 02:09:22 PM »
satin black the hood.  :-)

Point of Order, Mr. Chairman.

Ain't that the bonnet, rather than the hood?

:whistling:   :fuelfire:   :-) 
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #190 on: August 03, 2012, 02:15:05 PM »
Racing stripes :rofl:

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2012, 05:59:46 PM »
Point of Order, Mr. Chairman.

Ain't that the bonnet, rather than the hood?

:whistling:   :fuelfire:   :-) 

Absolutely correct.  Boot and Bonnet.

I really wish I had my camera today, saw a really nice red B all track numbered up with a driver's roll bar.  It looked fast just standing still. :yahoo:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Chris_

« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2012, 04:36:14 PM »
I may have corrected my overheating problem.  I tried to purge the air out of the cooling system by taking the cap off the radiator and letting the car heat up to N.  I ran it to the store and sat in some traffic for a bit and it seems to be running cooler than before.  I guess it doesn't hurt that it's only 80º right now.

We will see. :p

My oil separator is clogged.  The closest thing I found to Choreboy were some "copper coated" pads.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2012, 08:13:38 PM »
I may have corrected my overheating problem.  I tried to purge the air out of the cooling system by taking the cap off the radiator and letting the car heat up to N.  I ran it to the store and sat in some traffic for a bit and it seems to be running cooler than before.  I guess it doesn't hurt that it's only 80º right now.

We will see. :p

My oil separator is clogged.  The closest thing I found to Choreboy were some "copper coated" pads.

Try soaking your oil separator in a container of gasoline.  If it's metal, it should clean it right up. 

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #194 on: August 05, 2012, 05:51:15 PM »
There is a joke in here about a British car's convertible top somewhere, I just know it:  

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/9453772/London-2012-Olympics-Heavy-rain-leaks-into-velodrome-and-soaks-marathon.html

Offline Chris_

« Reply #195 on: August 05, 2012, 06:02:55 PM »
The Michelotti Top

I can't complain about mine.  It doesn't leak at all.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2012, 07:52:27 PM »
Absolutely correct.  Boot and Bonnet.

I really wish I had my camera today, saw a really nice red B all track numbered up with a driver's roll bar.  It looked fast just standing still. :yahoo:
I took a look at the List of Craig's today.  Lots of B's for sale, not many of them look as nice as mine for the price or are overpriced rubber bumper models.

for sale

Offline Chris_

« Reply #197 on: August 05, 2012, 08:02:14 PM »
So I was watching the Wheeler Dealers MG BGT episode, and the guy at the MG Owner's Club says the Rostyle wheels are painted silver with the black accents applied by hand.  It looks like one of the previous owners decided to do it the other way around and painted them completely black. 

Not a good look.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #198 on: August 05, 2012, 09:07:10 PM »
There is a joke in here about a British car's convertible top somewhere, I just know it:  

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/9453772/London-2012-Olympics-Heavy-rain-leaks-into-velodrome-and-soaks-marathon.html

The joke in the 60's about the soft top on the AC Ace & Shelby Cobra was that it was guaranteed to keep at least 60% of the rain off you.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #199 on: August 05, 2012, 09:08:35 PM »
I never understood why roadsters were so popular in a country where it rained and snowed 200 days a year.

At least the defogger/heater work great in my car.