Author Topic: Sarah Ibarruri knows why we vote against our interests.  (Read 9814 times)

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
Re: Sarah Ibarruri knows why we vote against our interests.
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2012, 07:45:57 AM »
Also...

I actually fact check many "statistics" that are posted by the right.

Example:

Someone posted this yesterday on facebook:

Sure enough I did a little fact checking.  It's half true.  It all depends on what date you start at.  The day Obama took office or the day he signed the first budget.  See Sarah statistics can be skewed very easy.  I for one check all of them, left wing and right wing.  So again Sarah.

GET A CLUE!
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2012, 07:58:13 AM »
 :rotf:

Here we go...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2012, 07:59:20 AM »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2012, 08:14:01 AM »
Is that determination from the bit about creating everything in 6 days and resting on the 7th? If so, how do you marry that up with the notion that there is no concept of time in Heaven?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Karin

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2012, 08:31:09 AM »
And how do you marry that up with the dinosaur fossil record? 

Threadjack; we should probably continue this elsewhere, if desired. 

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2012, 03:48:04 PM »
Sarah Ibarruri (17,030 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

98. By the way, I seem to have a fan base of Repigs. If you do a search on the Internet for

any sentence in this original post, you will find them discussing it. The poor little rats are angry that I call them what they are.

It's such a pleasure to know they're not allowed on DU, at least not for long. If they join DU, they have to remain silent. The moment they subscribe and spew their venom, they get punted back to their hellhole where they can fester their little black hearts out. 

Sarah, you come crawling here to America to vomit what you think you see and know.  You will grow old and ugly, never knowing happiness. I imagine part of your hatefulness is due to being a used cheap piece of ass and being stuck in bad financial situations.   :lmao:  I calls them like I sees them too.

Hey girl.   :mental:

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »
You know the one thing they never do when discussing this whole "voting against their own interests" topic is discuss just what those interests are. They assume they know better than everyone else what we should want/have/need. I'm perfectly happy with my life. So what if we have to struggle to pay the bills once in a while? People struggle with many things during their lives.  But the money problems are the only ones that seem to matter to you.

Am I supposed to want single payer health care? That gives me ONE choice. No options in what I want coverage for, no choice in how much I want my premiums to be or my co-pay or anything else. If everyone is forced on government health care the "rich" will still be able to get whatever kind of treatment they want. But I will actually lose a choice if the government takes over. And the government will set a cap on how much a doctor makes based on whatever criteria they decide. Many good ones will leave the profession. How is that in my best interest? Why isn't my best interest to pass a law allowing everyone to buy insurance across state lines? That would introduce true competition (both for premium costs and coverage options) and insurance companies would have to earn my business whereas an impersonal government could care less.

Am I supposed to want everyone to belong to a union? Unions artificially set the "price" of an employee. It doesn't matter whether one is lazy and another works their ass off, both make the same amount. When they're unhappy they strike (pretty much an adult temper tantrum) for more, more, more. It doesn't matter whether the economy can support their wages and it's not tied to how well they do their job (or if they do it) but how much they think they should get. Obviously this makes the cost of their goods go up. How is that in my best interest?

I simply don't see how losing choices, which is essentially losing more of my freedom is in my best interest and not one of you DUmmies are capable of adequately explaining to me why your way is better. You're all quite good at mocking, name calling, insulting (or worse) people who don't think exactly like you. If I wanted to be in lockstep with everyone else I'd move to Cuba or Venezuela.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2012, 06:03:12 PM »
If I wanted to be in lockstep with everyone else I'd move to Cuba or Venezuela.

And fact is they aren't, they just don't have a freaking choice.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2012, 02:04:21 AM »
Been reading Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning for the past few days. A ton of history I didn't know and a lot of crap they want to ran from. These idiots have been trying to push this crap since the 1800's.
A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi