Author Topic: MSNBC's Heroes and Legends  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
MSNBC's Heroes and Legends
« on: February 08, 2008, 05:11:10 PM »
Last night, MSNBC had back to back shows of Heroes and Legends featuring Hillary Clinton and
John McCain.
I have to say, after watching John McCain's life unravel and learn about his 5 years as a POW has made me softer on him.
The man went through and extraordinary ordeal both as  POW and before hand with near-death accidents, and still kept marching.  One has to respect someone who has so much fortitude and motivation.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Re: MSNBC's Heroes and Legends
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 11:33:44 AM »
Last night, MSNBC had back to back shows of Heroes and Legends featuring Hillary Clinton and
John McCain.
I have to say, after watching John McCain's life unravel and learn about his 5 years as a POW has made me softer on him.
The man went through and extraordinary ordeal both as  POW and before hand with near-death accidents, and still kept marching.  One has to respect someone who has so much fortitude and motivation.

Softer? not me. I don't excuse one bone headed thing he has done, he should know better.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: MSNBC's Heroes and Legends
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 11:45:34 AM »
John McCain.

Softer? not me. I don't excuse one bone headed thing he has done, he should know better.

To an extent, like Hillary, McCain presumes some of the "sympathy vote" for his time as a POW.....it doesn't cut it with me......

Many people in this life survive extraordinary ordeals, and proceed with their life in an ordinary manner.....I'm certainly grateful to McCain for his service, but that doesn't give him any special consideration.  He is running for the highest civillian office in the land, and must be judged on his civillian accomplishments and qualifications for that office...

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.