Author Topic: Early Observations On Dem Convention  (Read 4928 times)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Early Observations On Dem Convention
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2012, 10:31:53 AM »
Everything I've heard about the Obama speech was that it was long and less-than-stellar. 

I did hear the sound bite about him promising even more free unicorns for everyone, especially keeping all the social programs going full tilt and ALSO cutting college tuition in half.  That last one boggled my mind; students are in hock for over a trillion dollars now, which means he can either order colleges to cut their fees in half (Impossible without firing half the people that work for them, cutting wages for the rest, and then dumping some assets to boot, in addition to there being no clear legal way to do that), or it means the public suddenly picks up an extra half-trillion dollar tab under a fiscal system that is already rapidly going broke due to social benefit programs that are emptying the glass much faster than it can be filled by revenues.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Re: Early Observations On Dem Convention
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2012, 02:31:56 PM »
Everything I've heard about the Obama speech was that it was long and less-than-stellar. 

I did hear the sound bite about him promising even more free unicorns for everyone, especially keeping all the social programs going full tilt and ALSO cutting college tuition in half.  That last one boggled my mind; students are in hock for over a trillion dollars now, which means he can either order colleges to cut their fees in half (Impossible without firing half the people that work for them, cutting wages for the rest, and then dumping some assets to boot, in addition to there being no clear legal way to do that), or it means the public suddenly picks up an extra half-trillion dollar tab under a fiscal system that is already rapidly going broke due to social benefit programs that are emptying the glass much faster than it can be filled by revenues.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b36j8ewaN2Y[/youtube]

Except Charlie stops spending when he runs out of money.