Author Topic: primitive finds interview question discriminating  (Read 1155 times)

Offline dixierose

Re: primitive finds interview question discriminating
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 05:05:16 PM »
Speaking of the I-9 form, in order to prove you're legally able to work in the US, you need some form of ID. If requiring voters to show ID is "discrimination", how is this requirement NOT?
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 06:10:46 PM »
Speaking of the I-9 form, in order to prove you're legally able to work in the US, you need some form of ID. If requiring voters to show ID is "discrimination", how is this requirement NOT?

Better yet, how is requiring ID to vote, discrimination? I think it has been proven that people cheat. I don't know about you, but I don't want Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Adolph Hitler, Zombies out of the graveyard, and various other non discript people to elect my Reps!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 06:16:43 PM »
I guess the DUmbasses aren't familiar with E-Verify which is, if I'm not mistaken, a federal program.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 06:17:39 PM »
Remember the CB craze in the 60-70's. ? Had to get a federal licence to use them back then.  Much like the Ham operators and given call numbers--Mine was KGU7792.  Funny the things one remembers, my Dads was KKA 2088

The form to get a license was very lengthy as I remember, some of the questions I had to hit the Library to find out who the John Birch Society was, nope not a member.   Talk about crap a year or so later the licence requirement was dropped.  

1980, needed to have all kinds of identification to work for a government contractor.  Drivers license, birth certificate, my Navy dependent card, ----Pissed me off as the owner of the company was a woman born in Scottland and I had to go to get paperwork so she after owning the company for 10 years could apply for citizenship.

Some dude in the mid 1980's showed up at my door asking questions about a neighbor I did not know, what does he read, have I talked to him, nope don't know he family.  

Made me wonder what questions were asked about us when Hubby went Mustang in the Nuke service.  Those were the days when Rickover met personally with every Nuke officer, the interview lasted for Hubby 3 1/2 minutes-----he was in need of clean shorts shortly after.

For the Nukes he had to wait for 10 minutes in the office before the interview and he was tempted to check the closet to see if there was a Captain inside being punished.

TODAY, employers go on line, face book and search out the information on a possible hire, find out more then the applicant themselves knows about them selves and family.  Do criminal checks not only on them but close family and friends.  

This applicant is lucky he was asked all the questions about being a legal, least they did not get into his medical records, or those of his wife.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »
Damn, your posts aren't really Tapatalk-friendly, Vesta. Lol
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 06:42:47 PM »
Yeah, I remember the CB craze. It was a pain in the ass for the truckers because of all the fools that were floodin' the airwaves! Not insinuating nothing here, you might have been one of the courteous ones, but not surprised to see you were involved.

It did help on the interstate though, 'cause you always knew where the Smokies were!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2012, 06:50:02 PM »
Yeah, I remember the CB craze. It was a pain in the ass for the truckers because of all the fools that were floodin' the airwaves! Not insinuating nothing here, you might have been one of the courteous ones, but not surprised to see you were involved.

It did help on the interstate though, 'cause you always knew where the Smokies were!
My dad had one in his truck but I don't remember it ever being used. 

http://jalopnik.com/5166099/the-ultimate-cb-radio-for-your-custom-van-johnson-messenger-130a
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 06:56:08 PM »
My dad had one in his truck but I don't remember it ever being used. 

http://jalopnik.com/5166099/the-ultimate-cb-radio-for-your-custom-van-johnson-messenger-130a

It got to be really bad when we were out on the road headed for instance to Chicago or New York. We even tried to get them to just give us channel 17, and they could have the rest. That went over like a lead balloon! It just egged 'em on I think.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 05:36:24 AM »
We used the CB kinda like a cell phone when I was growing up. We had a "Base" and a Mobile"....can't remember our call number though. My daddy was a volunteer fireman (he's the city's Fire Chief now) so the CB in his truck was necessary. The CB we had at home always scared me when it stormed; I just knew lighting was going to hit that giant antenna one day. I'm not sure why it never did.

I still remember one of the funniest things I ever heard growing up on a CB (I believe I was 9 or 10)...

If I were a bulldog
and a smokie was a tree
every time I passed one by
I'd lift my leg and pee.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 08:03:52 AM »
We used the CB kinda like a cell phone when I was growing up. We had a "Base" and a Mobile"....can't remember our call number though. My daddy was a volunteer fireman (he's the city's Fire Chief now) so the CB in his truck was necessary. The CB we had at home always scared me when it stormed; I just knew lighting was going to hit that giant antenna one day. I'm not sure why it never did.

I still remember one of the funniest things I ever heard growing up on a CB (I believe I was 9 or 10)...

If I were a bulldog
and a smokie was a tree
every time I passed one by
I'd lift my leg and pee.

In the late 1950's there were these things called IIRC ---CQ cards-----one had them made up like post cards with all kinds of funny pictures and the call letters with the nick name one chose. Dad collected them especially when he found a SKIP from 500 miles away.

When the atmosphere  was right people would rush in their cars and trucks to the highest hill or mountain and hope to get a far away skip, CB clubs sprang up and there was competition to see who got the longest skip, the CQ cards sent and received were the proof.   

Sometime in the late 1960's people began to make their own divice, illegal, to up the sending range.  Some of these things were so strong their communications would come in on neighbors TVs and radios.  I remember in the 1970's when people had to buy a doodad to put in their TVs to filter out the signals.   

People were erecting these antenna's 60 + feet in the air, and some not grounded properly would get hit by lightening and blow up the base station.

Invaluable for me and the kids driving cross country RT. 10 and the truckers would keep an eye on us, tell us where to stop or not stop for the night or to get off the highway for gas.  Me in my 20's with 4 kids 2 in diapers and a Saint Bernard in a Chevy Blazer, back seats removed took me 2 weeks to go from Napa California down the coast and across on RT10 and then up through the south to the east coast and from there to finally get to Maine.  Hell of a trip for us, we did make it home safely due I believe to the long haul drivers that kept track of us and we followed through the big city's where one can get turned about so easily.

And Yes I was armed with a hand gun, no permit, not registered anywhere, but under the seat where I could get it, the kids couldn't and I was prepared to use it if need be.  My huge dog was enough deterrent to keep us safe, a few times just his big head slobbering out the back window was all we needed.

AHHHH the CB, what fun, watching the cops roll down the street looking for the hoodlums that had an illegal Booster, some kind of device on top of their cars to triangulate where the signal was coming from.

BTW, I to this day have a CB in my car, never used it, but one never knows in an emergency it just may come in handy.