Author Topic: Nadin uses deadly force  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

Nadin uses deadly force
« on: January 15, 2012, 12:20:53 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002170523

The OP by undergroundpanter (boring):

undergroundpanther (11,100 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

Just a few thoughts about resistance

When I think of the OWS protests and the cops abusing them,they were tolerating unlawful arrest.

Some of these cases would have been useful I think.

“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed.”

“An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within jurisdiction, and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. lf the arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will be no more than an involuntary manslaughter.” Housh v. People, 75 111. 491; reaffirmed and quoted in State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452; State v. Gleason, 32 Kan. 245; Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349; State v Rousseau, 241 P. 2d 447; State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

“When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by force, and if, in the reasonable exercise of his right of self defense, his assailant is killed, he is justified.” Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80; Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.

“These principles apply as well to an officer attempting to make an arrest, who abuses his authority and transcends the bounds thereof by the use of unnecessary force and violence, as they do to a private individual who unlawfully uses such force and violence.” Jones v. State, 26 Tex. App. I; Beaverts v. State, 4 Tex. App. 1 75; Skidmore v. State, 43 Tex. 93, 903.

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).

http://www.constitution.org/uslaw/defunlaw.htm
:mental:
Response to undergroundpanther (Original post)
Sun Jan 15, 2012, 12:02 AM
 nadinbrzezinski (100,959 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

2. And it will NOT go anywhere like that

COP, they were resisting arrest and posed a threat to MY LIFE... why we used deadly force.

Trust me, been there at a few of these. Hell, the only reason somebody was not arrested at Council the other day was we were ready for the floor show as media. 
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permal
:mental:

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Re: Nadin uses deadly force
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 12:29:44 PM »
UGP vs. Nads...

vs.

Place your bets!
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 12:42:35 PM »
nadinbrzezinski (100,959 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
>snip<
Hell, the only reason somebody was not arrested at Council the other day was we were ready for the floor show as media
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permal
Nads lies again.
I remember her post on that meeting.
Wonder where the "we" came from. Seems she said she was the only "press" :rotf: there.
Something about it being boring, and one of the council fell asleep.
Nothing was going to happen at all.  Nothing, but, according to Nads, a riot was impending.
Nads is a POS liar as always.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 12:55:17 PM »
OWS will go deadly. Just give it time. They really want to get violent. You can feel the homicide just under the surface.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 02:16:24 PM »
I think the reason it will go deadly is because of all the trash, rats, and filth. Lord knows if any new type of super viruses are in the works. Let alone bringing about old ones again with their ill gotten ways.

The sad fact is simply this: They indeed pose a threat to the kind, and decent general public in places. Whether it is threat to physical wellbeing when they finally realize they are going down, not getting what they want, being laughed at, etc circa any other "shiny, happy people" protest these hippie a-holes have tried to get going, or whether it is a threat to the body. Airbourne illness, different or possibly new types of flu, Zucotti lung disease, etc.

Not really fear mongering here, but these people are somewhat dangerous animals either way you choose to look at it. The people that basically said "Screw it, I'll support them from myk warm abode are one thing. (Nads, I'm looking at you) However, the people that are still out there in their little Tent Cities among the rats....they are the real nutbags, and like I said, are a threat either way you slice it.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 02:26:10 PM »
OWS has already gone deadly.  How many dead bodies have been found at varies camp sites already?
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 03:13:43 PM »
It's pretty pathetic when the yenta has to resort to dialoguing with, of all primitives, the subway cat.

Remember when she was hanging around with cool primitives?

My, how the Mighty are falling.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 03:51:38 PM »
She won't take that fall well either.    :-)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 03:55:19 PM »
She won't take that fall well either.    :-)

"Pride goeth before the fall."

I know that for a fact, because it happens to me all the time.

Just because it's an ancient adage based upon the Judeo-Christian tradition doesn't mean it's no longer true.

Think about it; less than two months ago, the yenta was hanging around with the Country Club set on Skins's island, and now she's reduced to socializing with the trailer-court trash.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 04:02:42 PM »
OWS has already gone deadly.  How many dead bodies have been found at varies camp sites already?
Eight or nine, not to mention the tuberculosis.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 05:23:38 PM »
Nads verses UGP would make for a great Celebrity Death match.

Condescending verses crazy, improper spelling verses incoherent babbling,....well you get the idea.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 06:16:16 PM »
It's pretty pathetic when the yenta has to resort to dialoguing with, of all primitives, the subway cat.

Remember when she was hanging around with cool primitives?

My, how the Mighty are falling.

I'm actually looking forward to the day she joins the abbandonato primitives. The meltdown will be delicious.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 06:17:49 PM »
Eight or nine, not to mention the tuberculosis.
That's really not so many when you consider these camps are replacements for the hobo jungles and underpass hangouts in most blue hellhole cities.

Dead winos are pretty commonplace.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 06:20:41 PM »
These are 8 or 9 that we are aware of - anyone thinking that none of these OWS camps have engaged in at least one body dump (not to hide the deceased - just to keep the media away from OWS ) are mistaken.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 06:30:23 PM »
Things are not going well for the #OWS neo-hippies at the DU.

Sun Jan 15, 2012, 12:10 AM
Saving Hawaii
4. Go chew on some valium please.

Sun Jan 15, 2012, 09:04 AM
leveymg
6. That S. Ct. case is from 1900 and involved an Indian policeman who resisted arrest by 2 others without a warrant for an alleged misdemeanor that occurred earlier, out of their presence. Good luck trying to apply those fact circumstances. Cheez-itz.

One of the reasons OWS has been successful, politically, is that it generally hasn't violently resisted the police - even, when to those involved that might have seemed justified.

You're misguided, and your armchair lawyering is worse.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 07:11:37 PM »
UGP is actually right about the law, but what it doesn't tell the DUmmies (Probably through not being able to process the background facts from those cases in its puny and deranged feline brain) is that the cases where citizens have used deadly force against police and been vindicated all involve psycho cops, cops acting ridiculously outside their authority, or unidentified assailants that turned out to be cops, and the citizen convinced the court that he was in true and reasonable fear for his life with no possibility of retreat, not just resisting excessive force in an otherwise-lawful arrest.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 08:33:58 AM »
UGP is actually right about the law, but what it doesn't tell the DUmmies (Probably through not being able to process the background facts from those cases in its puny and deranged feline brain) is that the cases where citizens have used deadly force against police and been vindicated all involve psycho cops, cops acting ridiculously outside their authority, or unidentified assailants that turned out to be cops, and the citizen convinced the court that he was in true and reasonable fear for his life with no possibility of retreat, not just resisting excessive force in an otherwise-lawful arrest.

As Mr. Mann noted: the DUmbasses are simmering. They WANT one of these things to break out into general violence. They WANT one of their own to pull a gun and start blasting away at the cops.

If the shooter dies, that's OK.

If a few cops die, even better.

If the cops open fire gunning down a dozen protesters while Keith Olbermann does a live remote...

...THAT WOULD BE ****ING AWESOME!

All they need now is to gently goad each other to be "that guy" like so many grade-schoolers trying to figure out who is the bravest one to prank the teacher with a thumb tack in the chair.

If their president can be a protege of Bill Ayers, why can't they?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 08:50:37 AM »
"Let's get Mikey to do it, he'll martyr himself for anything."
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 09:57:40 AM »
Nads verses UGP would make for a great Celebrity Death match.

Condescending verses crazy, improper spelling verses incoherent babbling,....well you get the idea.
My money would be on the subway cat. She has a few hundred pounds on nads.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 10:42:27 AM »
Uh, you better take a closer look at our DOTY. She may only be 5-1, but she's pushing three hundred, batteries not included.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 10:44:29 AM »

Wasn't nads an Israeli commando, the unacknowledged member of the "Munich" team? I thought Eric Bana's character was based on her.

That, and her lower center of gravity, may tip the scale in her favor.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 11:10:51 AM »

I don't know, they both probably look like a boccie balls with legs.

Nad's resume gives her the edge IMO.  Afterall she's a:

Combat medic
Combat veteran
Emergency medical technician
Emergency triage expert
Fire Arms Expert
Survivalist
Weapons expert

Just to name a few of her qualifications.

A thank you to Ballygirl for keeping the list updated.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 11:23:36 AM »
Perhaps, however - one needs top remember the subway kitty's pineapple juice fueled psychic powers. Who knows how far her abilities stretch now ?