Author Topic: So............  (Read 1102 times)

Offline formerlurker

So............
« on: January 04, 2012, 08:41:09 PM »
mrmpa

Was out with my nephew on Monday......

he's 27 gainfully employed and working on his MBA. As he works at a bank & is a future MBA, I'm at times a bit worried about what his thoughts are politically. I asked him what he thought about the republicans running for president. He said he didn't know who they were, I rattled off some names and he said "I'm voting for the black guy." I yelled who? "Herman Cain", no he said "the black guy, the president, Mr. Obama."

I didn't like him referring to the president as "the black guy", but I'm thankful that he will be voting for Mr. Obama. I would also like to thank his parents, his siblings, his grandmother and grandfather for helping rear this young man.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002120482

No replies, and I have to say WHY IS THIS EVEN A THREAD????? 

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Re: So............
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 08:44:35 PM »
Why does she care if he refers to Obama as "the black guy"?  It seems, if I recall correctly, that a lot of people were saying, "I'm voting for Obama cuz he black!" in 2008.  Oh, and would it have upset her if she was referring to Cain as "the black guy"?
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 09:12:39 PM »
I doubt I'd be proud of an adult family member that referred to even this president as "the black guy" instead of by name.  Remind me which party is race-based again...   ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 09:14:38 PM »
.3 bong for the young hipster DUchebag banker angle.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 09:15:21 PM »
Why does she care if he refers to Obama as "the black guy"?  It seems, if I recall correctly, that a lot of people were saying, "I'm voting for Obama cuz he black!" in 2008.  Oh, and would it have upset her if she was referring to Cain as "the black guy"?

I would have referred to him as the muslim. In fact, I do.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 09:57:38 PM »
Oh geez   ::)  Aren't they sick of their own stories yet? 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 10:02:52 PM »
Oh geez   ::)  Aren't they sick of their own stories yet?  

No, and hopefully they never are.  They provide a great source of amusement and a good insight into the drug-addled insane mind of a liberal.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 10:04:22 PM »
I wouldn't be proud of someone so ignorant participating.

If you don't know who is running, argh! this dude is too ignorant for words. Even more ignorant than your average DUmmie.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 10:09:03 PM »
Hey DUmmies, don't forget to tell your friends to mark their calendars for election day, Nov 7th.   :popcorn:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 10:54:57 PM »
I'm wondering how anyone could be "worried" about their nephew's politics. Anyway, this is clearly a bouncy tale.
Gainfully employed?
Getting an MBA?
Voting for the jug-eared Kenya?

Sorry, one of those three phrases isn't compatible with the other two.

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 07:20:03 AM »
He doesn't know the names of any of them?  Even lord zero; he had to grasp back in the memory files to remember the name of his aunt's president?  And supposedly he's an MBA candidate, expected to write thoughtful term papers on financial matters.  Right.  Stupid story. 

This is what they're reduced to.  Coming up with/making up anecdotal examples of dumbasses willing to pull the lever for the Kenyan Muslim. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 08:37:31 AM »
I doubt I'd be proud of an adult family member that referred to even this president as "the black guy" instead of by name.  Remind me which party is race-based again...   ::)

I really wouldn't draw any inference of racism from it, but I would question just what the Hell kind of intellect and situational awareness the supposed future-MBA sooper-jeenyus has that he can't come up with the President's name, three years into the guy's term of office. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 09:07:31 AM »
I myself have to question the validity of this story...

A future MBA student that refers to the current President of three years as "that black guy."

And then to be proud of your family for raising and ignorant racist?

But then again, it could all be true and the Nephew probably knew the DUmmies politics and was trying to jolt some sort of reaction out of the DUmmie but the DUmmie was to stupid to recognize the witty ironic response.

Good Story anyway...   :loser:
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 09:38:18 AM »
Does it make one a racist to refer to someone as "a black guy"?

How often should we check with Al Sharpton to be sure we're using the politically-correct term of the day?

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 11:31:01 AM »
Does it make one a racist to refer to someone as "a black guy"?

How often should we check with Al Sharpton to be sure we're using the politically-correct term of the day?

Only if one is a White Conservative Christian...
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 11:39:27 AM »
mrmpa (759 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

4. He does, his sister was .......response to post #2

Last edited Wed Jan 4, 2012, 09:56 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

over for dinner tonight. I told her about the conversation with brother, and she told me that he knows more than he lets on. I forgot too, that he is majority inspector at his polling place and works that twice a year, taking personal days to do so

the nephew could've just been pushing mrmpa's buttons here

Offline cmypay

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 04:22:22 PM »
I think the story could be true in its entirety. The nephew was just trying to shut his aunt up because he's tired of listening to her BS.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 04:47:11 PM »
Why do they seem to almost NEED these type of stories?  It's like they need to reassure themselves constantly. How gullible do you have to be to believe stories like these or even Pam's obvious pathetic lies?  How utterly pitiful.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 04:15:49 AM »
mrmpa (759 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

4. He does, his sister was .......response to post #2

Last edited Wed Jan 4, 2012, 09:56 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

over for dinner tonight. I told her about the conversation with brother, and she told me that he knows more than he lets on. I forgot too, that he is majority inspector at his polling place and works that twice a year, taking personal days to do so

Where in the hell do they vote TWICE a year in this country?   :confused:

I only have to vote every year in Virginia. 
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 04:48:42 AM »
Where in the hell do they vote TWICE a year in this country?   :confused:

I only have to vote every year in Virginia. 

They usually have school board and millage elections in Feb. Because of low voter turnout in Feb., the schools usually get what they want.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 04:52:25 AM »
They usually have school board and millage elections in Feb. Because of low voter turnout in Feb., the schools usually get what they want.

Gotcha.

Seems like it would make sense to move the latter back 4 months and have both in November.

Like I said, it would make sense.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 05:22:02 AM »
Gotcha.

Seems like it would make sense to move the latter back 4 months and have both in November.

Like I said, it would make sense.

Umm . . . moving back elections from Feb. four months would put them in June, would it not?

Around my neck of the woods, we have school budget elections in September.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 05:32:02 AM »
Umm . . . moving back elections from Feb. four months would put them in June, would it not?

Around my neck of the woods, we have school budget elections in September.

Moving BACK is November.

Moving UP is June.

But I WAS educated in the publik skool system, and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn.   :lmao: