Author Topic: On kids... and behavior and kid free zones (google strikes again)  (Read 1109 times)

Offline CC27

nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Jul-28-11 05:15 PM
Original message
On kids... and behavior and kid free zones

there are several things that do come to mind... as I read the threads.

Yes, there are kids who are brats... and that is a MINORITY and yes that is poor parenting. There is an even smaller subset where parenting plays a very small role, if any.. due to other issues. But let's stop this about there is no problem, there is a problem. I will hazard to say that it is actually larger than it used to be... and it has to do with the breakdown of the family.

Think about it... how many of you live near oh grand parents, aunties or uncles? See where I am going with this?

Yes all kids misbehave at some point... and yes parents should take such kid out until it calms down.. yes there is something to be said about brain development. How many of these parents have been given this advise? How many of this overworked parents actually have time to read Dr. Spock... oh popular when my mom raised me... alas she had LOTS of help. This help is simply NOT present today, period... not in American society. In more traditional societies it still exists. Incidentally CHINA... is seeing similar issues... since moms no longer have an extended family that has a child experience to help them... think about that one.

So while I am annoyed at the brat... and yes they are... that starts screeching louder than my parrots and runs around and all that.. what we are partly seeing is a SYMPTOM of a larger societal issue.

I am also willing to bet the farm that bratty kids are not a new phenomena either..nor is bad parenting a new phenomena, but it might be a higher problem due to the ties that are simply no longer there.

Now there is more, if a business establishment decides to make theirs a kid's free zone... I suspect the market (in this case) will determine their success or failure. Now when things like AIRLINES make this a policy. I start having issues.

Sorry,  i can't help myself.  :-)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1598567

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: On kids... and behavior and kid free zones (google strikes again)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 04:33:06 PM »
bratty kids are not a new phenomena either..nor is bad parenting a new phenomena
Goonads is the poster child for both. :mental:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 04:41:47 PM »
Let me get this straight, my child is automatically a brat because we have no family living any where near us?  All children act up.  You could have the grandparent's living across the street and your child will still act up.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 06:54:20 PM »
nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Jul-28-11 05:15 PM
Original message
On kids... and behavior and kid free zones

Yes, there are kids who are brats... and that is a MINORITY and yes that is poor parenting.
Yes all kids misbehave at some point... and yes parents should take such kid out until it calms down.. yes there is something to be said about brain development.
So while I am annoyed at the brat... and yes they are... 
This lame "yes" device is one of the most irritating things the condescending moron does. It's even worse than the incredibly irritating and stupid device of asking questions then answering: Do I hate that?  I sure do. Is it a sign of an intellectually-challenged nitwit? Yep, there's no question about that.
Or the refuge of the half-assed interviewer, "What went through your mind when...."

Nadin is a condescending idiot of the first water (she will google that), and her constant use of "yes", and "trust me" are among the main reasons her fellow DUmbasses, with the exception of a tiny handful of sycophants (she'll google that, too) detest her.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 02:42:42 AM »
nadinbrzezinski  Thu Jul-28-11 05:15 PM
Original message
On kids... and behavior and kid free zones...

How many of this overworked parents actually have time to read Dr. Spock... oh popular when my mom raised me...

I just found out what made nutcase nadin the "person" it is today.  Dr. Spock is responsible for more f'ed up kids than Ritalin. 
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 08:07:38 AM »
Actually a rather lucid post for her, I'm surprised.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 08:07:50 AM »
Let me get this straight, my child is automatically a brat because we have no family living any where near us?  All children act up.  You could have the grandparent's living across the street and your child will still act up.

No, it's more like nadin is automatically an idiot because she's a DUmmie. :-)
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Mike B the Cajun

• Pot Stirrer
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 12:54:16 PM »
No, it's more like nadin is automatically an idiot because she's a DUmmie. :-)

Amen, and a ^5 to you, dear friend...    :cheersmate:
Don't get stuck on stupid...

I am of the CauCajun persuasion...  :-)

Leftwing lunatic thought process concerning police: I'm armed with bad breath and body odor. The police are armed with a badge, a tazer, a 9mm, and a shotgun.  I should antagonize them.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 07:08:51 PM »
Amen, and a ^5 to you, dear friend...    :cheersmate:

Thanks, Cajun!  I always reciprocate, so a HI5 to you too, sweetie. :cheersmate:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 07:26:01 PM »
How many of this overworked parents actually have time to read Dr. Spock... oh popular when my mom raised me... 

I have. I've also read Montessori, Vygotsky, and a host of other books on learning, education, behavior, and discipline. Guess what? My kid is a KID. She acts up occasionally. She can't help it, she's FOUR. Not even the best parents have a kid who is perfect 100% of the time.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 07:41:19 PM »
Before I had kids, when I'd see children acting up it would sorta get on my nerves.  After I had kids, not so much anymore.  You learn to tune it out to some degree.

Luckily both my kids are well behaved, but even then they're kids and not perfect all the time.  Some kids are more active than others.  Big deal.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 07:48:21 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 07:42:31 PM »
Nadin when you have a child you can enlighten the masses about parenting.  Until then please STFU.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 09:33:53 PM »
Nadin when you have a child you can enlighten the masses about parenting.  Until then please STFU.
You are indirectly talking about know-it-all nadin hopping around.
That is a revolting thought. It's the sort of thing that made Mr. CalPig look like Mr. CalPig.
Thank goodness, know-it-all is too old, and Mr. nadin's gonads are secured in a safe depost box somewhere.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 11:19:28 PM »

I don't think anyone wants to hear her parenting advice or lessons. 
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 04:09:27 AM »
This lame "yes" device is one of the most irritating things the condescending moron does. It's even worse than the incredibly irritating and stupid device of asking questions then answering: Do I hate that?  I sure do. Is it a sign of an intellectually-challenged nitwit? Yep, there's no question about that.
Or the refuge of the half-assed interviewer, "What went through your mind when...."

Nadin is a condescending idiot of the first water (she will google that), and her constant use of "yes", and "trust me" are among the main reasons her fellow DUmbasses, with the exception of a tiny handful of sycophants (she'll google that, too) detest her.

Her "yes" doesn't bother me as much as her "and yes". What is funny as hell to me is when she unsuccessfully attempts to make her posts sound folksy.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 06:57:39 AM »
Before I had kids, when I'd see children acting up it would sorta get on my nerves.  After I had kids, not so much anymore.  You learn to tune it out to some degree.

Luckily both my kids are well behaved, but even then they're kids and not perfect all the time.  Some kids are more active than others.  Big deal.

I'm still learning that lesson.  Imagine going from living alone with no kids to having Scoobie and her two (including a four-year old) in the house.  Haven't figured out when and where the right time to "tune out" will be for a given situation.

I know I'm not perfect either, but as we've discussed, there is some "insulation" that goes with even the best of children.  I do get annoyed by the kids at times, but I'm sure they're annoyed by me as well.  But these two are FAR better behaved than a lot of kids I see in public, and it pisses me off when mommy and daddy are chit-chatting with each other and ignore the kids who run around wherever like a bunch of unwashed heathens.

So yes, I do place MORE of the issue on bad parents.  I understand if a kid acts up in a restaurant once in a while.  I do NOT understand it when the parent does nothing about it.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 07:03:45 AM »
Not only do kids act up at times, not every behavioral problem has an "instant fix."  My youngest learned from Daycare that temper tantrums "worked," so tried them quite a few times.  I had solved this same problem with my oldest in about 3 lessons, but my youngest took at least 7 or 8.  The second time she threw a tantrum, we were in Wal-Mart.  I was furious, and while I understood the glares from everyone in the store, I didn't appreciate them.  It wasn't like I allowed her to act like that!!  

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 07:48:44 AM »
Not only do kids act up at times, not every behavioral problem has an "instant fix."  My youngest learned from Daycare that temper tantrums "worked," so tried them quite a few times.  I had solved this same problem with my oldest in about 3 lessons, but my youngest took at least 7 or 8.  The second time she threw a tantrum, we were in Wal-Mart.  I was furious, and while I understood the glares from everyone in the store, I didn't appreciate them.  It wasn't like I allowed her to act like that!!  

The Heiress routinely does stuff that daycare won't allow her to get away with.  So, she tries it at home . . . and gets all bent out of shape when Daddy doesn't let her get away with it.

One day, she'll learn.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 09:12:48 AM »
Kids are highly adaptive and will pursue whatever seems to be working.  But they aren't plastic either, each one has his or her own issues.  Mine are all totally bonehead stubborn, for instance.

Of course they all got that from their mother...

:whistling:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 09:27:17 AM »
Several years back my mom decided that she wanted something to do outside of the house and decided to find a job. She found a part-time job as a sales person in a women's clothing store. She was amazed at how bad the kids acted that were brought into the store by their mothers. She was even more amazed that the mothers tolerated it. One day a woman brought in her 4 or 5 year old son. He decided he needed to go to the bathroom so he dropped his drawers right in the middle of one of the aisle, squatted, and took a dump. Not only did the woman not say anything to the boy, she also got extremely pissed when the store manager told her to clean up her son's mess.

When I was a kid if you acted up you got a tail-whipping. Back then onlookers didn't call the law if you disciplined your children. They might offer to help.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 12:11:58 PM »
Several years back my mom decided that she wanted something to do outside of the house and decided to find a job. She found a part-time job as a sales person in a women's clothing store. She was amazed at how bad the kids acted that were brought into the store by their mothers. She was even more amazed that the mothers tolerated it. One day a woman brought in her 4 or 5 year old son. He decided he needed to go to the bathroom so he dropped his drawers right in the middle of one of the aisle, squatted, and took a dump. Not only did the woman not say anything to the boy, she also got extremely pissed when the store manager told her to clean up her son's mess.

When I was a kid if you acted up you got a tail-whipping. Back then onlookers didn't call the law if you disciplined your children. They might offer to help.
Wow, that is totally over the top.   :o :o :o

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 01:06:56 PM »
Wow, that is totally over the top.   :o :o :o

It sounds like something a temper-tantrumming Pedro Picasso, the "Atman" primitive, would've done.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 05:03:06 PM »
It sounds like something a temper-tantrumming Pedro Picasso, the "Atman" primitive, would've done.

Or DainBramaged, or ThomWV, or Taverner, or any number of DUmp males.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.